LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: I pulled a...  (Read 5500 times)

November 16, 2011, 07:08:15 PM
Read 5500 times

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
I pulled a...
« on: November 16, 2011, 07:08:15 PM »
If you just opened a minty pack, post the contents here. I'll start it off.  \:D/

Tonight I picked up 4 boosters, 2 Innistrad and 2 Scars of Mirrodin. I got 6 rares: Champion of the Parish, Ludevic's Test Subject/Ludevic's Abomination, Nephalia Drownyard, Necrotic Ooze, Nim Deathmantle and finally, a foil Blackcleave Cliffs. I also got a foil Innistrad common, Traitorous Blood. Altogether, very happy, as Blackcleave Cliffs and Champion of the Parish are fairly expensive. The additional rares were the foil land and the Ludevic thingy. So, anyone pulled anything cool recently?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2011, 07:12:40 PM by Gate Troll »

November 17, 2011, 12:27:43 PM
Reply #1

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
Re: I pulled a...
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2011, 12:27:43 PM »
Haven't cracked a boost in over a year now. My last one did contain Maelstrom Pulse, though.

November 20, 2011, 02:07:23 AM
Reply #2

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2011, 02:07:23 AM »
I never buy individual boosters. In the UK they are much more expensive than USA. I used to buy a booster box on release day but the price made me realise id be better off buying singles so I always do. The $135 for a box could realistically buy me every card I wanted from the set PLUS more whereas I dont usually get all i want from a box.

The last box i opened was a split box shared with my mate of scars of mirrodin. On release day so the prices were a lot higher we pulled an Elspeth Tirel, Koth of the Hammer and Venser ther Sojourner.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.

November 20, 2011, 03:41:49 PM
Reply #3

Gate Troll

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2011, 03:41:49 PM »
I never buy individual boosters...  ...but the price made me realise id be better off buying singles

QFT

There are two things I dislike about Magic.
#1 Booster Prices
#2 Profit-oriented Formats

Coming from LotR TCG, I liked paying $2.00 for a booster, and I liked non-rotational formats.
My love of pack opening has led me to pay the ridiculous prices for boosters, but I still refuse to play in a format that rotates every year. The idea to switch to a yearly core set was an idiotic money grab. So, Modern format all the way!

November 21, 2011, 04:35:42 AM
Reply #4

FM

• Future Judge
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
« Reply #4 on: November 21, 2011, 04:35:42 AM »
Actually, Core Sets being released annually have a lot less of an impact as you might think, due to all the reprints. Sure, they release new cards and those are very good sometimes, so you end up buying them, but when they hit home, they usually reprint those anyway (as with the Titans and Baneslayer Angel). The rise in price for individual cards, on the other hand... THAT'S the real problem, as far as I'm concerned. And to make matters worse, even Magic Online prices are rising through the roof.

November 21, 2011, 11:17:21 AM
Reply #5

lem0nhead

• Vegetarian Cannibal
  • Information Offline
  • Wizard
  • Juicy Fruit
« Reply #5 on: November 21, 2011, 11:17:21 AM »
I never buy individual boosters...  ...but the price made me realise id be better off buying singles
My love of pack opening has led me to pay the ridiculous prices for boosters, but I still refuse to play in a format that rotates every year.

Yeah exactly, I was running 4 jace TMS and 4 stoneforge in caw blade before rotation and sold them just before they got banned fortunately. I invested it all EDH as I wanted to enjoy MTG and not spend a fortune. I couldnt keep up with the standard prices and I certainly couldnt buy sealed product no matter how much I love opening a pack. Im married with kids lol! Thus casual is the way forward. I love EDH.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
That's like having "Some Who Ride Ponies" as a Rohan follower. ~ Dain Ironfoot.