LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here  (Read 159313 times)

August 12, 2018, 07:03:29 AM
Reply #2310

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Post your Gemp-LotR bugs here
« Reply #2310 on: August 12, 2018, 07:03:29 AM »
Heir to Meduseld's damage bonus appears to be based on whether "he is mounted" and not whether he "bears a mount" as far as I can tell?

From rulebook: "A mounted character means one who is 'bearing a possession with the class of mount.'" It doesn't specify the opposite, that a character who is mounted counts as bearing a mount.

So Rohan Stable Master shouldn't make Heir to Meduseld damage+1 (I think pretty much every other card talks about mounted, rather than "bearing a mount").

I was worried about this one being a lot of work, but it's actually a pretty trivial fix. Still, I do wonder if there does need to be a change here at all. If a mounted character, by definition, means one who is bearing a possession with the class of mount, wouldn't that mean Rohan Stable Master effectively says "Bearer is considered to be mounted bearing a possession with the class of mount"?

Other than make this work, I don't think there are any other ill effects. It's an imaginary horse (probably coconut shells à la Monty Python and the Holy Grail), so it still can't be spotted for Haleth, Son of Hama or anything. I'm not invested in this one, but I'm interested in what you think about it.

Also, it turns out that Halls of My Home is a low-key optional discard. If you don't want to discard a card, you can hit "Done" in the bottom right of the pop-up and bypass it. That button isn't usually there in those situations so it's very subtle. The only other way I can think to do it is 1) reveal Shadow cards 2) pop-up that says "Do you want to discard a Shadow card?" after that window closes and 3) bring back the Shadow cards so the player can pick one. Seems convoluted so I'm against it right now. I could probably also change the title of the window, but that would be just as easy to miss as a sneaky button in the corner. If you've got any ideas for how to make that a little more visible, I'm open to them!

Perhaps you can make the event, while in hand, "spot" the Whip in play during the (Balrog's) skirmish to activate itself. To trigger then at the end of the skirmish, with or without a Balrog or Whip.

I mean, it'd be a specific event checking a present situation to "unlock" a future potential response, in contrast to the game checking for a past situation.

This would fix probably half of the weird corner case in which you want to play Final Cry and The Balrog dies, but any time where The Balrog dies before the Shadow Player gets a chance to use an event (i.e., exhausted Balrog takes a direct wound right off the bat) the event still wouldn't have a chance to trigger.

While I'm here, long-winded as usual, the following changes either have taken effect or will take effect in the next patch:
Loud and Strong can no longer be used while in the Free Peoples' hand
Orkish Sneak works as intended (assignment action should always be usable, but only actually assign to a non- [Shire] Ring-bearer. Hobbit Ring-bearers should still be able to a burden or exert twice to get rid of him if the opponent uses that ability)
The Witch-king, Deathless Lord may now wound an ally once if and only if all companions and allies are exhausted
Nine-Fingered Frodo and the Ring of Doom now removes one threat if and only if there are no more threats and no burdens
Drawn to Its Power will no longer add a burden if it was The Ring-bearer who was killed (because there is nowhere for burdens to go)
Tower Troll now asks the Free Peoples "Wound you like to - exert a companion - to prevent"
Saved from the Fire can no longer burn the Ring-bearer

I've also added a chat call for a few cards. Let me know if I'm missing any:
Shelob, Her Ladyship, Uruk Guard, and Uruk-hai Guard will say which companion cannot be assigned (should this also show on the minion? Or would both be redundant? Currently, the companion gets text added to the card inspection window)
Saruman, Of Many Colours will say which race is strength -1
Safe Passage will say which site keyword is named
« Last Edit: August 14, 2018, 01:49:09 PM by Phallen Cassidy »

August 14, 2018, 05:01:12 PM
Reply #2311

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #2311 on: August 14, 2018, 05:01:12 PM »
I nearly missed this post for some reason :o

I had thought that saying "Considered to be mounted" meant no mount - it's just acting as if it were there. Rules say that a character bearing a mount is mounted, but not the opposite (that a mounted character, by definition, must be bearing a mount) IIRC. If you disagree, it should probably go to Archives. Eomer, HtM's wording seems exclusively different to other cards, annoyingly.

So Halls of my Home already had a done button? Surprised I missed it. I guess it's fine then, I guess a title change might not hurt.

Really nice set of fixes there. I guess Shelob and Uruks could have a "Chosen companion is: " line in inspection. Bear in mind though that Lurtz's Bow allows the uruks to choose multiple targets.

I'll be on the lookout for other missing messages ;)
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

August 17, 2018, 06:02:50 PM
Reply #2312

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2312 on: August 17, 2018, 06:02:50 PM »
I'd forgotten this one for a long time. Maybe I'm just missing something, but the adventure deck (Next to discard pile and dead pile) in game comes up empty if I open it. Note that I can open it, but not my opponent's (Because I shouldn't be able to see their sites). So that's also a bug right? I have to go back to deck builder to check my sites.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

September 07, 2018, 09:26:36 AM
Reply #2313

Wyrden333

• Information Offline
  • Troll
« Reply #2313 on: September 07, 2018, 09:26:36 AM »
Bug occured!! I think at least.

Tol Brandir (1U363) should end the shadow phase, but in my last sealed game

(http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Wyrden333$t6k3twuu8eqnrmkn)

it still gave me the opportunity to play something.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2018, 09:28:52 AM by Wyrden333 »
Go King Standard!

December 15, 2018, 08:59:32 AM
Reply #2314

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2314 on: December 15, 2018, 08:59:32 AM »
Bug occured!! I think at least.

Tol Brandir (1U363) should end the shadow phase, but in my last sealed game

(http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Wyrden333$t6k3twuu8eqnrmkn)

it still gave me the opportunity to play something.

I don't think this is a bug - Gemp doesn't actually automatically end your Shadow phase, instead it prevents you from doing anything for the remainder of your Shadow phase. The effect is the same, but it's a bit more confusing. If you find that there's ever a scenario in which you actually can play something else, please do so and post the replay here!

The following changes should take effect in the next server reset:
Throne of the Golden Hall no longer lets you exert the Man about to take a wound
Last Gasp; Easterling Berserker; and Faramir, Bearer of Quality are no longer prevented from killing characters with their text.

February 03, 2019, 08:25:26 AM
Reply #2315

Valtor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2315 on: February 03, 2019, 08:25:26 AM »
If you use Mumak Commander, Giant Among the Swertings ability "to exert a companion twice" and there are only companions capable of exerting once, you can exert a companion once.

But if you pay the costs for a stacked Slaked Thirsts "to exert a minion twice" and there are only minions capable of exerting once, you cannot exert a minion.

Surely one of these is a bug, I imagine it is Slaked Thirsts?

February 06, 2019, 05:35:31 AM
Reply #2316

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2316 on: February 06, 2019, 05:35:31 AM »
I wasn't able to replicate your Slaked Thirsts bug. Do you have a replay?

Tangentially related, I'd like to take this opportunity to bring this thread on Slaked Thirsts to attention and scrounge up some more opinions. Surely it isn't just Dictionary and me, right?

April 05, 2019, 09:20:16 AM
Reply #2317

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2317 on: April 05, 2019, 09:20:16 AM »
Grousing Hillman gets only strength + 2 and Fierce from a controlled site, instead of strength + 3 and Fierce.

April 09, 2019, 11:53:26 AM
Reply #2318

Sir. Totally Average

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #2318 on: April 09, 2019, 11:53:26 AM »
--Bug Report--
Card: 1u260 "The Number Must Be Few"
Problem: The move limit effects both players rather than just the opponent as it should. For some reason its effects are still active during the owner's fellowship turn, and even if the owner doesn't meet the requirements.
Replay link: http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Scurvy III$n6ey6akput4jd9wl
Replay Notes: Site 5 is where it came into play.

July 17, 2019, 04:11:29 AM
Reply #2319

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2319 on: July 17, 2019, 04:11:29 AM »
--Bug Report--
Card: 1u260 "The Number Must Be Few"
Problem: The move limit effects both players rather than just the opponent as it should. For some reason its effects are still active during the owner's fellowship turn, and even if the owner doesn't meet the requirements.
Replay link: http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=Scurvy III$n6ey6akput4jd9wl
Replay Notes: Site 5 is where it came into play.

Very strange. I did a quick test on the card and couldn't find anything wrong, so it may have just been a one-time glitch. I'll try to replicate the circumstances and see if there's a combination of things that will trigger it, but for now this card appears to be working as intended.

July 18, 2019, 07:53:35 AM
Reply #2320

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2320 on: July 18, 2019, 07:53:35 AM »
Army Long Trained provides the following choice box for the player:

(Choose effect to use: Exert - Elf or Return Army Long Trained to hand)

When this appears, Army Long Trained is highlighted blue within its selection box (The same way cards in the log are highlighted). This means a zoomed in image of the card appears when the player selects that choice, the same way it happens when a player selects a card in the log.

August 04, 2019, 08:10:44 PM
Reply #2321

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2321 on: August 04, 2019, 08:10:44 PM »
Army Long Trained provides the following choice box for the player:

(Choose effect to use: Exert - Elf or Return Army Long Trained to hand)

When this appears, Army Long Trained is highlighted blue within its selection box (The same way cards in the log are highlighted). This means a zoomed in image of the card appears when the player selects that choice, the same way it happens when a player selects a card in the log.

Is that a bug, or just something that doesn't happen with most other cards? Without checking, I think it's the same for any card that returns itself to hand (e.g., One Good Turn Deserves Another).

Looking over the Rohan Stable Master, you might be right -- I'm not sure anymore. If you (or anyone else) care, you ought to start up that conversation in The Archives. As for the Adventure Deck, I remember looking into that before and not being able to see why it doesn't work. I'll give it another check, though. Fixed Grousing Hillman (upon next server reset).

August 12, 2019, 06:32:38 AM
Reply #2322

bebpc

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2322 on: August 12, 2019, 06:32:38 AM »
bugs in the second edition can be post here or there is a specific section for it?

There is a lot of cards from the dwarfs that are not working, like the gimli battle axe not giving strenght and the endurence of dwarfs not gain life bonus.
Crushing Blow is not giving +3 when there is a card stacked on a condition
Also the streght bonus for goblin scimitar is not working
and you cant play boromir sword on him.
Link of the match bellow:
http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/game.html?replayId=bebpc$uo2e7iwl1wo7ngx8

great work guys!!!
This second edition looks very fun to play!!

Thanks for the job

August 13, 2019, 01:09:20 PM
Reply #2323

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #2323 on: August 13, 2019, 01:09:20 PM »
Is that a bug, or just something that doesn't happen with most other cards? Without checking, I think it's the same for any card that returns itself to hand (e.g., One Good Turn Deserves Another).
I don't recall seeing this with any other card. One Good Turn Deserves Another is a yes or no prompt. My issue is that in order to click on the choice option "Return Army Long Trained to hand" you have to go out of your way not to click Army Long Trained or it'll zoom in, which you don't want when making a choice.

September 25, 2019, 08:03:38 AM
Reply #2324

Phallen Cassidy

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
« Reply #2324 on: September 25, 2019, 08:03:38 AM »
Goblin Wallcrawler is only strength +1 at an underground site.