LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Adventure Deck Help  (Read 5178 times)

March 31, 2012, 09:46:54 PM
Read 5178 times

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Adventure Deck Help
« on: March 31, 2012, 09:46:54 PM »
So several years ago when LOTR died I decided I'd make a project out of building several decks (6+) to play with friends. Some of the decks were strategies I never had the cards to try but were familiar with (Sauron Trackers/Wounding, Dunlendings) and some were made with newer cards I had never played with (mono Dwarves and Elves). Since I quit some time during the ROTK block I never acquired the Shadow (and later) sites, nor have much experience playing with them.

Fast forward to a year or two ago. I downloaded an updated copy of the LOTR TCG Online client and finished making the decks. I bought a bunch of stuff but was still missing a few cards, especially sites, as several of the popular ones were sold out at the site I bought from. Fast forward some time later and my HD died and along with it my deck lists and buy lists. I've since figured out what FP and shadow cards I need, but since I never really knew the sites to begin with I have no idea what I should play. I'm hoping you good folks can help me come up with some adventure decks.

I'm not going to post my full deck lists and I really don't need any comments like "play this deck instead" or "play this card". Any help you guys can give me to finish my project would be greatly appreciated though.  8-)

Deck 1: Mono Dwarves with set 1-4 Uruks (Saruman KoI, Savagery, Uruk Regular etc). I'm not sure what site I should run in case this deck goes first, I'm thinking Barazinbar?

Deck 2: Mono Elves with Sauron Trackers/Wounding (Orc Bowmen, Hate, etc). With this deck I also have no idea what site to run in case I go first.

Deck 3: Rohan+Gondor with site control Dunlendings. I'm running Prancing Pony for site 1.

Deck 4: Rainbow Gandalf Pipes with Nazgul (4x Black Steed, 4x Neyla 3rd of the 9 for site dickery). I'm running Green Dragon Inn to fetch Sam for site 1. I have a pretty good idea of what sites I should run with this deck, but I don't know what to play beyond Neekerbreeker and all the sites that say "play a Nazgul" on them.

Deck 5: Dauntless Hunter/Wingfoot/Consorting choke with TTT Uruk Trackers. Also running Green Dragon Inn for site 1. I run Galadriel LotGW so I can play the next site if it's a forest.

Deck 6: Gimli/Lego/Gandalf Trust+Shoulder to Shoulder with Moria (Gimli Dwarf of Erebor + Goblin Sneak + Relics of Moria combo). I'm running Prancing Pony for site 1. Obviously lots of underground sites make sense.

Deck 7: I haven't chosen the fellowship for this deck (possibly mono-Hobbits), but the shadow is an Easterling corruption strat.

Deck 8: Also no fellowship yet, but I have a warg rider shadow (Isengard, set 5).
« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, 01:13:26 AM by Milosz006 »

April 02, 2012, 10:28:33 PM
Reply #1

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Adventure Deck Help
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 10:28:33 PM »
I've taken a crack at choosing the sites myself, can someone check my work?  ;)

Deck 1: Dwarves/Uruks
Barazinbar (site 1)
Anduin Banks
Crags of Emyn Muil
Isenwash
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Pelennor Flat
Starkhorn
Doorway to Doom
Sirannon Ruins

Deck 2: Elves/Sauron Wounding
Trollshaw Forest (site 1)
Crags of Emyn Muil
Isenwash
Anduin Banks
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Pinnacle of Zirakzigil
Doorway to Doom
Steward's Tomb
Sirannon Ruins

Deck 3: Rohan+Gondor/Dunlendings
The Prancing Pony (site 1)
Stables (site 3)
Anduin Banks
Crags of Emyn Muil
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Pelennor Flat
Doorway to Doom
Anduin River
Sirannon Ruins

Deck 4: Rainbow Pipes/Nazgul
Green Dragon Inn (site 1)
Isenwash
Buckland Homestead
The Angle
Pelennor Flat
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Flats of Rohan
Doorway to Doom
Sirannon Ruins

Deck 5: Dauntless Hunter Choke/Uruk Trackers
Green Dragon Inn (site 1)
Anduin Banks
Crags of Emyn Muil
Isenwash
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Pelennor Flat
Pinnacle of Zirakzigil
Doorway to Doom
Sirannon Ruins

Deck 6: Trust Me/Moria
The Prancing Pony (site 1)
The Bridge of Khazad-Dum
Abandoned Mine Shaft
Cavern Entrance
Chamber of Marzarbul
Moria Stairway
Moria Guardroom
Caves of Aglarond
Anduin River

Deck 7: ???/Easterling Corruption
??? (site 1)
Abandoned Mine Shaft
Courtyard Parapet
Woody-End
Pelennor Flat
Slag Mounds
Neekerbreeker's Bog
Pinnacle of Zirakzigul
Sirannon Ruins

Looking at the "new" sites, I found a pattern emerging with every adventure deck I built: you pick one beneficial site to run for site 1. You run 3 sites each of sites that have a twilight cost of 0 or 1 to punish fellowships (generally, if you're playing your sites your opponent is ahead of you). That leaves 2 sites, one of these should be Sirannon Ruins just for the extra twilight and the other is going to be Pinnacle of Zirakzigul or a high twilight site that is likely to only benefit your fellowship (Starkhorn, Stables etc). Is this pretty much what everyone does?

December 21, 2012, 12:31:22 PM
Reply #2

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2012, 12:31:22 PM »
Bump. Can anyone tell me if these are correct?

December 23, 2012, 06:01:40 AM
Reply #3

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2012, 06:01:40 AM »
Bump. Can anyone tell me if these are correct?

Probably the best way to test your adventure decks, is to try them out on Gemp! Gemp is the way most of us play online, these days. It is free, browser-based (nothing to download), calculates the math for you, keeps track of rules for you, and is all around pretty fantastic:

http://www.gempukku.com/gemp-lotr/

Let us know if you have any questions.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

December 23, 2012, 12:22:24 PM
Reply #4

Milosz006

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2012, 12:22:24 PM »
These decks are only going to be played against each other, I don't need to know if they are good in a wider metagame (for example I specifically don't include any of the "new" shadow culture cards or any cards with hunter on them). I really just need a yes or no answer to my question:

Looking at the "new" sites, I found a pattern emerging with every adventure deck I built: you pick one beneficial site to run for site 1. You run 3 sites each of sites that have a twilight cost of 0 or 1 to punish fellowships (generally, if you're playing your sites your opponent is ahead of you). That leaves 2 sites, one of these should be Sirannon Ruins just for the extra twilight and the other is going to be Pinnacle of Zirakzigul or a high twilight site that is likely to only benefit your fellowship (Starkhorn, Stables etc). Is this pretty much what everyone does?

December 23, 2012, 01:01:16 PM
Reply #5

hsiale

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2012, 01:01:16 PM »
This could be a good initial rule, but definitely not always the perfect choice. For example any deck using [Raider] shadow side (maybe except heavy Southron archery not caring about skirmishes at all) should have at least one cost 2 site that helps it hugely - Wold Battlefield.