LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Sauron Beatdown  (Read 4556 times)

May 14, 2012, 07:31:50 PM
Read 4556 times

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Sauron Beatdown
« on: May 14, 2012, 07:31:50 PM »
Shadow Draw Deck (36)
1x The Balrog, Durin's Bane
4x Band of the Eye
4x Morgul Hunter
4x Orc Pillager
2x Orc Swordsman
3x Úlairë Cantëa, Lieutenant of Dol Guldur
4x Vile Blade
1x Enduring Evil
3x Enheartened Foe
1x Hate
1x Mordor's Strength
4x Gleaming Spires Will Crumble
2x Our List of Allies Grows Thin
2x Wreathed in Shadow

People don't usually play Sauron Beatdown, so I tried to make the best of it and play it for fun. I found that its somehow decent at stopping people from double-moving.

I found out that Gleaming Spires Will Crumble is quite nice as nearly everyone on Gemp has some Gondor companion and rely on them for fighting. Also, so far, in about 5-6 games, my orcs have won all of their skirmishes so that condition never got discarded by its text.

Cantea is usefull to help win more skirmishes by getting rid of the hand weapons and also by being able to play Wreathed in Shadow to counter archery decks which are tough to play against when using this deck.

I only use 1x Hate because most of the time people will expect me to have it anyway and will avoid having exhausted companions. This deck isn't so good at exhausting companions anyway.  1x Mordor's Strength and 1x Enduring Evil (although you may predict I have it as I use Eregion Hill) are there as a surprise.