LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Magic Set Editor  (Read 18934 times)

July 09, 2013, 10:24:36 AM
Reply #15

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
Re: Magic Set Editor
« Reply #15 on: July 09, 2013, 10:24:36 AM »
A new version is now up, featuring the Rohan culture. I didn't have time to get the Dunland blanks done today, but I'm optimistic they'll be done by the end of the week. Adding the One Ring proved to be less trivial than I expected, so it will probably show up around the same time as the Dunland culture.

When fixing the unhasty reminder text, I took the time to go through all of the keywords, and noticed that same issue with Toil. It has been fixed. The X symbol and bold/italics on sites are also working properly now; both were due to me not being thorough when initially fixing the bold/italics issue.

July 10, 2013, 04:12:57 AM
Reply #16

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2013, 04:12:57 AM »
Two more things.

1) Followers? I was expecting the follower template to show up when I typed "Follower" in the type line. Any chance we could get some follower templates (for all cultures) and get them to move automatically to the follower template when the type shows "Follower" like the Minions and Companions do?

2) Artifacts. Why do the artifacts all have to have subtitles? What if I want to make a new artifact for which no version has been made before? Can it not be the same as normal possessions and things, with the subtitle optional? EDIT: Scratch this, apparently it's done!

Thanks so much for all this work you've been doing! I'm having so much fun.

Thran
« Last Edit: July 10, 2013, 04:21:54 AM by Thranduil »

July 15, 2013, 09:26:30 AM
Reply #17

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #17 on: July 15, 2013, 09:26:30 AM »
I mostly play movie block, so I had honestly forgotten about followers. Since the only change from the possession template is the twilight cost, they should be pretty easy to do. I'm a little busy right now, so the next update (containing Dunland, the One Ring, and Followers) is going to take a little longer than the last few; it will most likely be up on Thursday or Friday this week.

July 17, 2013, 10:31:39 AM
Reply #18

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #18 on: July 17, 2013, 10:31:39 AM »
Turns out my week was not as busy as I thought. The MSE site has a new version, which includes Dunland, Followers, and the One Ring. Adding followers also encouraged me to finally make some changes to the back-end of how strength, vitality, etc. icons work. If I did stuff properly, the only difference you should notice is that the icons don't appear on characters until you've typed in a value. If I made a mistake, there may be issues. Let me know if that's the case.

I also changed the text box font, so accents should appear properly there now. You will need to install the new font included in the zip file. I didn't realize until I did my own ringwraiths that there is a similar issue with uppercase letters in the title font; that fix will have to wait until the next update.

July 23, 2013, 03:14:57 PM
Reply #19

Thranduil

• Information Offline
  • Wizard
    • Zalman's Dungeon (blog of SF stories by Thranduil)
« Reply #19 on: July 23, 2013, 03:14:57 PM »
Follower templates look good overall, especially the FP ones. But most of the Shadow followers have a sort of smudgy yellowy bit in the title line.

Also the aid keyword does not come with reminder text.

Thanks for all your work! There is at least 1 person who really appreciates this. I've literally been waiting for these templates for nigh on 8 years!

Thran

August 28, 2013, 04:49:56 AM
Reply #20

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #20 on: August 28, 2013, 04:49:56 AM »
I'm very glad that someone else is enjoying it, I'm very sorry for not posting anything in over a month! I have not forgotten about this project, but for various (mostly school-related) reasons, it's been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future. I should be able to make small edits (like fixing the title font and followers) here and there, but the next big update won't be for at least another few weeks.

August 28, 2013, 11:31:28 AM
Reply #21

Zurcamos

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • Global Mod
« Reply #21 on: August 28, 2013, 11:31:28 AM »
I'm very glad that someone else is enjoying it, I'm very sorry for not posting anything in over a month! I have not forgotten about this project, but for various (mostly school-related) reasons, it's been put on the back burner for the foreseeable future. I should be able to make small edits (like fixing the title font and followers) here and there, but the next big update won't be for at least another few weeks.

FYI, I've been super busy myself and never commented here.  I can't say enough how cool it is that you are doing this.  There have been so many teases throughout the years that turned into nothing.  So, yeah, there are at least two who appreciate what you are doing/have done, emphasis on AT LEAST, I imagine.

December 20, 2013, 10:14:41 PM
Reply #22

Komitadji

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Revolution!
    • Through The Shattered Lens
« Reply #22 on: December 20, 2013, 10:14:41 PM »
I just stumbled on this, and it's probably the coolest thing I've ever seen. So, if you're still working on it, keep up the good work! I'm already obsessively piecing together a set using these templates.

January 05, 2014, 01:48:30 PM
Reply #23

ThornyB

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
« Reply #23 on: January 05, 2014, 01:48:30 PM »
So first off, this is awesome!
However... when you go to print proxies, the card images are TINY! Anyone else have this issue and if so, how did you reslove it?

Thanks,
ThornyB

January 06, 2014, 06:02:07 AM
Reply #24

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #24 on: January 06, 2014, 06:02:07 AM »
Thanks for all the positive feedback! I'm sorry I haven't been more active with this, but I should be posting an update with (at least) the fonts fixed later on today.

Unfortunately, I don't know of a way to fix to proxies issue. As far as I'm aware, this is caused by the fact that the images I'm using are not high enough quality. This has been an issue with this template for a long time ... the powers that be at magicseteditor like the official templates to look good when printed, but nobody has been able to commit the time to make a full set of high quality blanks. There may be a setting somewhere that you can adjust to get larger, but possibly pixelated, images. I'll take a look.

January 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM
Reply #25

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #25 on: January 07, 2014, 01:48:06 PM »
I'd like to apologize again for leaving this template hanging for so long. I am going to try to think more in terms of minor and major updates this term, so that at least the minor ones will be able to continue to come out every month or two. I've uploaded a minor update to the Magic Set Editor site; it fixes the Aid keyword and allows the character Ú to appear in titles. I wasn't able to come up with a more general fix, but if there are other characters people would like to get supported in the title, I should be able to accomodate that in the next minor update.

Looking to the future, I expect the next update to arrive in late February (reading week in Canada). I would like that update to be a major one, including new sites and signets, but I don't want to make any promises I can't keep.

ThornyB, I assume that by "printing proxies" you mean printing your own custom cards; printing your own copies of Decipher's cards is almost certainly illegal. Your best option (that I can see) is to use the "export all" function, which will give you a collection of .jpg files. You can then copy them into a single file using photoshop or word or whatever, and adjust the sizes there. I imagine there is a better method, but I couldn't find it easily.

March 05, 2014, 12:33:00 PM
Reply #26

Komitadji

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Revolution!
    • Through The Shattered Lens
« Reply #26 on: March 05, 2014, 12:33:00 PM »
I have a stupid question. Is there a way to create amounts of twilight with the black circle icon, or has this thing not been added? I feel like you may have even answered this before, but I couldn't find it, so I'm sorry!

September 29, 2014, 08:12:00 AM
Reply #27

eomund

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #27 on: September 29, 2014, 08:12:00 AM »
Sorry for leaving this thread hanging for a while again. It's likely to continue for the foreseeable future. However, there is possibly someone new taking over on the MSE website ... I will make sure that any more updates get posted here when they occur.

Komitadji, if you mean having the twilight circle in the text box, that can be achieved by adding square brackets (for example, [4] or [X]). I believe it's only implemented for single digits 0-9 and X.

April 05, 2015, 12:48:28 PM
Reply #28

simplegarak

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #28 on: April 05, 2015, 12:48:28 PM »
I played around with a LotR set editor for some card designs that I think may have been yours.  If you want to compare notes or need help with it, private message me any time. (I'd like to get a hold of the GEMP code so I can see about making a game engine that could incorporate new cards since Lackey is uncooperative.)

March 18, 2016, 04:45:31 PM
Reply #29

shadow13

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #29 on: March 18, 2016, 04:45:31 PM »
Is there a way to get signets using this?