LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Dwarves / Roaming Orcs  (Read 3763 times)

November 16, 2015, 07:35:58 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Dwarves / Roaming Orcs
« Reply #1 on: November 16, 2015, 07:35:58 AM »
Fairly straight-forward Dwarf Fellowship. I think Preparations and Slaked Thirsts is a necessity for Dwarves to avoid Grima, Wormtongue, and that allows you to add the Sindri, Dwarven Lord for event recursion.

Three Blood Runs Chill and four Delving might be overkill; I don't see a reason that this deck needs to be 40 cards, particularly with so little skirmish support. Kind of relying on the base strength of the Dwarves which is fine for a lot of minions, but can run into trouble against Grond, Hammer of the Underworld, Corsair Marauder, and others.

Orc Patrol works against you on the Shadow side, making your minions site numbers lower. You might want to consider Gate Sentry. Additionally, Gate Sentry is not unique. On the other hand, you can get your minions out cheaper then make them roaming with Advance Scout. Your call. Grishnakh, Orc Captain is a more appealing option to me with his card-drawing capabilities.

I'm not a fan of Mordor Warrior in this deck; he'd be the first guy I cut. You could consider paring some of the excess of the deck while adding some Gollum support--Evil-Smelling Fens is great for recursion.

All said, this deck could run smoothly at 34/34, but probably needs Grisnhakh, Orc Captain if you want to keep it at its current size.

Just my opinions on an old post.
-wtk

November 16, 2015, 02:36:02 PM
Reply #2

Eukalyptus

• Information Offline
  • Bowman
Re: Dwarves / Roaming Orcs
« Reply #2 on: November 16, 2015, 02:36:02 PM »
40 cards is way too much. 35 should be the upper limit with this shadow. You need to draw your cards in time.

You don't need Terrible As the Dawn at all just to protect Grond and Rank and File. Flames Within is used in the turn it is played. Gate Sentry is my first suggestion as well. 4 Hate is overkill as well. 1 or 2 should suffice to off a companion. The key to this deck is Ithil Stone to play more than 2 guys per shadow. Here's how I play mine:

4x Advance Captain
4x Advance Marauder
4x Advance Regular
4x Advance Scout
3x Gate Sentry
4x Troll of Cirith Gorgor
1x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
2x Grond, Hammer of the Underworld
3x Ithil Stone
2x Hate
2x Flames Within
2x Rank and File

1 Troll and 1 Hate could be replaced by Wormtongue if you fear playing against Dwarves.

The freeps is a bit of a mess imo. There is no clear line to follow. You can safely cut the Dwarven Heart, Axe of Erebor and Radagast for 2 more Dwarven Axe and a second Ring of Fury. I like Linnar. He clears your hand when you get wormtongued. Maybe a second Faramir or Lady of Rohan will go nicely in here. Personally, I play 2 Ring of Guile to get an event back. And as Sam is twice in the deck, think about The Binding Ring for a more quick setup. You also forgot to include Thrarin. I wouldn't play Dwarven Armor at all, but if you must, it should be only one - to protect Gimli.