LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: What is the most unused card you've used on Gemp?  (Read 6802 times)

August 06, 2013, 08:48:47 AM
Read 6802 times

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
What is the most unused card you've used on Gemp?
« on: August 06, 2013, 08:48:47 AM »
I like to see new and interesting decks.  FotR block consists of just over 600 cards, yet far too many never see the light of day.  Some may be on the verge of being totally useless such as Why Shouldn't I Keep it? though as it was one of my first physical rares (along with the also unused Melilot Brandybuck and Depths of Moria) it still has a special place in my heat.  Other cards are rarely seen, but can become the focus of a deck, such as Arwen, Lady Udomiel, whilst others are seen all the time (such as Aragorn's Bow).  I want to promote new deck ideas, so if you've ever used a cad that you've never seen anyone else play, stick it here.  I'll be even more impressed if you've made it work.

Mine is probably Mines of Khazad-Dum or Not Feared in Sunlight (spotting Frodo and Bilbo) in my dwarf deck.  I've never seen anyone else use them, but it's really nice to play 2 Mines to turn the cost of Song of Durin into a heal instead of an exert or give your dwarves one turn of not being eaten by Nazgul.  That or a copy of Let Folly be our Cloak in a mono hobbit deck for the Serie 1 league of FotR that only allowed cards from Set 1.  I also once saw a very fun deck abusing Songs of the Blessed Realm with Voice of Nimrodel with TSC to fully heal all companions each skirmish.

Anyway, post away, but be warned.  If I like your idea, I may try to steal it :)

August 06, 2013, 05:27:28 PM
Reply #1

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
Re: What is the most unused card you've used on Gemp?
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2013, 05:27:28 PM »
Dwarven Heart + Axe of Erebor is a fun combo.

All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

August 07, 2013, 08:14:31 AM
Reply #2

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2013, 08:14:31 AM »
Probably not used much in Fellowship Block though. ;)
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

August 07, 2013, 09:03:38 AM
Reply #3

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #3 on: August 07, 2013, 09:03:38 AM »
I like anything new, and I use Dwarven Heart and Axe of Erebor in my movie deck for Dwarves, too.  I play Fellowship Block the most, so put it here, though I'm always on the lookout for anything fun in other sets.  If someone were to suggest a way to get around Grima, CC I would even start to play TS.  I created this thread to see if anyone had any interesting ideas as I find standard decks very boring.  Also ones that use abusive combos, especially TSC, but that's just me.

August 07, 2013, 09:45:56 AM
Reply #4

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2013, 09:45:56 AM »
Ever tried Ferny frost? My version uses Parry and uruk Savage... Those are unusual cards :)

August 07, 2013, 01:52:22 PM
Reply #5

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2013, 01:52:22 PM »
Yeah.  So did mine.  The fellowship side played Depart Silently and Gandalf's Staff to survive at least to site 5.  However I found it too cheesy, and the deck that flat out loses to Pippin, Friend to Frodo and OEG which is just sad.

August 07, 2013, 08:22:24 PM
Reply #6

bibfortuna25

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2013, 08:22:24 PM »
Ever tried Ferny frost? My version uses Parry and uruk Savage... Those are unusual cards :)
Dude, the deck is called Frosty the Hitman. It's a hella fun combo to pull off, but you need Spies of Saruman to deal with Greenleaf, as well as Snows to prevent PATHS or Stealth. It's just too unreliable.
All cards do what they say, no more, no less.

August 08, 2013, 07:41:25 AM
Reply #7

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #7 on: August 08, 2013, 07:41:25 AM »
Breeding Pit. Its a great way to get out a site 9 swarm of uruks. http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,8479.0.html
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

August 08, 2013, 08:12:29 AM
Reply #8

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #8 on: August 08, 2013, 08:12:29 AM »
Dude, the deck is called Frosty the Hitman. It's a hella fun combo to pull off, but you need Spies of Saruman to deal with Greenleaf, as well as Snows to prevent PATHS or Stealth. It's just too unreliable.

I didnt know the official name, I just played it in a few tourneys back in the days. But I agree, its too unreliable. Well, if you would have horn filter in fellowship, but thats another dead horse to beat.