LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: I am the king of open!  (Read 7043 times)

November 12, 2013, 03:46:26 PM
Read 7043 times

ToPaxyGourouni

• Information Offline
  • Orc
I am the king of open!
« on: November 12, 2013, 03:46:26 PM »
I got this sweet open deck and I run a 28-1 score at the moment, and my only loss is from a computer crash. And in all of those games, I did not even get any close to worry about my chances. Either I am the luckiest dude in the format or the deck works. Bonus points? If has no kind of combo or loop. Either way, here it goes:

Ring-bearer: Boromir, Bearer of Council
Ring: The One Ring, The Ring of Doom

Adventure deck:
Neekerbreekers' Bog
Steward's Tomb
Nurn
Westfold Village
Mithlond
Caras Galadhon
The Prancing Pony
Imladris
North Undeep

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
3x Aragorn, Heir to the White City
1x Faramir, Captain of Ithilien
1x Madril, Defender of Osgiliath
1x Watcher at Sarn Ford, Ranger of the North
3x Elrond, Herald to Gil-galad
3x Tom Bombadil, The Master
3x Aragorn's Bow, Ranger's Longbow
2x Faramir's Bow
3x Horn of Boromir
2x Ithilien Blade
4x What Are They?
4x Gondor Bowmen
4x No Stranger to the Shadows

Shadow Draw Deck:
4x Following Uruk
3x Mauhur, Relentless Hunter
4x Ugluk, Ugly Fellow
4x White Hand Guard
3x White Hand Taskmaster
2x Úlairë Enquëa, Lieutenant of Morgul
2x Ships of Great Draught
4x Violent Hurl
2x You Do Not Know Fear
2x Fury of the Evil Army
2x Tracking the Prize
2x With All Possible Speed

You bid 1 , if you win play first and bring Gorn. If you don't , you get to play gorn on site 2 or you can easily pull him, the deck is very small. This is a little bit of everything kind of deck. Gorn + no stranger to the shadows make sure you travel cheap. Madril + what are they makes sure you get rid of pesky opponents, but it is just a bonus, it's not your main trick. Aragorn's bow, faramir's bow and gondor bowmen let you kill things when you don't have madrils, and Tom Bombadil + Elrond come forward with horn of boromir to deal with things you can't deal otherwise. By switching carefully between adding threats to wound minions in the archery and using those threats to What are they? minons away, this deck is incredibly resilient. After your allies come down, you effectively only ever pay 5 tokens + the region number each time you move.

Bombandil takes your burdens or threats away, and  Watcher at Sarn Ford, Ranger of the North helps you against tricky overwhelm situations every once in a while.

The shadow is basic ugluk with a ton of pumps, ships of great drawught against madril and a couple of enqueas. It does not usually kill the opponent but Ugluk is the biggest stopper in any format he is playable. His role is to slow the opponent down by crippling his companions at random moments (site 2 extravaganza or 3 pump hands) and making sure your fellowship will move as planned.

This deck also does not care much about site manipulation, I just let my opponent switch things to his heart's desire. He gets no twilight enough to kill me and whatever can pass through maneuver and archery, The Master can take care of it.

The only time I had a problem with this deck is when I double moved from 5-7 against StDaigano and he underground + balroged me. But I still came through :)

January 26, 2014, 08:29:43 AM
Reply #1

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • "But it is not this day. This day we fight!"
Re: I am the king of open!
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2014, 08:29:43 AM »
The deck would be even better if you had The One Ring, Ring of Rings.  That way your Boromir would be near incorruptible.
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

January 26, 2014, 12:07:17 PM
Reply #2

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2014, 12:07:17 PM »
We shall have to try again sometime! I bet I can getcha! :D
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

February 03, 2014, 05:01:54 AM
Reply #3

Ringbearer

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: February 03, 2014, 05:01:54 AM »
Is this open or expanded?

February 04, 2014, 09:43:30 AM
Reply #4

Carl333

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
  • "But it is not this day. This day we fight!"
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2014, 09:43:30 AM »
Open, The Horn of Boromir is an x-listed card
"Do you ever wonder why we are here?  Maybe you're here because it is the only place you fit in.  Maybe you're here because you have nowhere else to go.  Maybe you're here because deep down, you want to be here.  It doesn't matter why you're here.  All that matters is that you are here!"

February 04, 2014, 02:47:04 PM
Reply #5

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2014, 02:47:04 PM »
Replay?
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!