LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Stealthy Horn and Wraith-world  (Read 5201 times)

December 08, 2013, 01:24:16 AM
Read 5201 times

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Life isn't a dress rehearsal.
Stealthy Horn and Wraith-world
« on: December 08, 2013, 01:24:16 AM »
I was toying with a horn deck idea, and then I came across Aragorn, HttWC, and I wanted to do sneak. So then I thought, why not combine the two? This is what I've got so far, but I'm not sold on it.

Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Freeps (34):

1x Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith* (start)
1x Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence* (start)
1x Aragorn, Heir to the White City
1x Sam, Proper Poet / Sam, Son of Hamfast

2x Sting
1x Bill the Pony
2x Hobbit Stealth

1x Blade of Gondor
1x Ranger's Sword
1x Flaming Brand
2x No Stranger to the Shadows
2x The Last Alliance of Elves and Men
3x Horn of Boromir

2x Dagger Strike
2x Might of Numenor

3x Galadriel, Lady of Light
2x Elrond, Lord of Rivendell
1x Celeborn, Lord of Lorien
1x Nenya
1x Vilya
3x Secret Sentinels

Shadow (34):

3x The Witch-King, LotN
4x Nelya, RiT
2x Otsea, RiT
2x Enquea, RiT
2x Enquea, LoM
2x Attea, TE

2x Nazgul Sword
4x It Wants To Be Found
4x Resistance Becomes Unbearable
3x Wraith-World
2x Too Great and Terrible
1x Helpless

2x Morgul Skulker
1x Thin and Stretched

Sitepath:

(1) The Prancing Pony*
(2) Weathertop
(3) Council Courtyard / Ford of Bruinen
(4) Moria Lake
(5) The Bridge of Khazad-dum*
(6) Caras Galadhon*
(7) Silverlode Banks
(8) Anduin Banks**
(9) Summit of Amon Hen*

Shadow is a Nazgul Wraith-world build with a splashed Thin and Stretched. If it works, awesome. If not, the fun can start at 5 burdens, where you can start picking people off with Enquea. Running low on minions? Shuffle some back in with Morgul Skulker. Problem with Sam? He's helpless.

Freeps is a bit more tricky. Am I doing too much? Looks decent on paper, but it's a very rough start. Bid enough to go first to get Aragorn out. Or you can start Gorn and pack more copies of Boromir, since there's next-to-no burden removal (I should probably account for that). HttWC helps you to play either Boromir or Galadriel for cheap. Lady of Light lets you play Elrond and Celeborn for free, and all the elf healing gives you 3 extra cards a turn with Elrond. All for cheap. And all these elf allies coupled with the horn makes for fun, free fighters to save Frodo.

Anyway, not sure if the Freeps if viable, as I'm going for corruption anyway, but any critiques and concerns are welcome. Trying always to slim it down to get cards faster. It's at 34/34 now, which is a few more cards than I'd like, but I'm thinking - barring an untimely Tower Assassin - Elrond can keep the deck cycling throughout. Thanks!
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:50:40 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

December 13, 2013, 08:54:37 AM
Reply #1

Not a Zombie

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • An intelligent Corporeal, Previously sweet_stuff
Re: Stealthy Horn and Wraith-world
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2013, 08:54:37 AM »
Add the Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (1R307) to your starting fellowship, hes early game fodder and you can safely bid one higher.
« Last Edit: December 13, 2013, 08:56:32 AM by Not a Zombie »
No one loves you like I do.
--God

I'm imploring people I've never met to pressure a government with better things to do to punish a man who meant no harm for something nobody even saw, thats what I'm doing!

December 17, 2013, 07:34:32 PM
Reply #2

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2013, 07:34:32 PM »
Add the Pippin, Hobbit of Some Intelligence (1R307) to your starting fellowship, hes early game fodder and you can safely bid one higher.

Always forget about Pip. Solid. :up:
« Last Edit: December 18, 2013, 04:31:13 PM by Anautikus »
"Do yourself a favor; never try to send a grappling hook through the post office."

Trade List

December 18, 2013, 06:29:22 AM
Reply #3

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #3 on: December 18, 2013, 06:29:22 AM »
Personally I prefer Merry, Friend to Sam in this set up.  He can really help against Nazgul or Uruks.  Also, no deck with elf allies should go without Secret Sentinels.  The horn is good, but in FotR you lose to Sauron Grind or moria Swarm if you have no condition removal.  Also, if Boromir gets Black Breath without SS, game over.  Personally I prefer an Orophin and Rumil over the third Galadriel and Celeborn, but that could be because my deck uses the other Elrond.  He's less easy to take down by Tower Assasin.  Fun looking shadow, though.  How does it deal with Gandalf's pipe?

December 18, 2013, 04:39:54 PM
Reply #4

Anautikus

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
« Reply #4 on: December 18, 2013, 04:39:54 PM »
Personally I prefer Merry, Friend to Sam in this set up.  He can really help against Nazgul or Uruks.  Also, no deck with elf allies should go without Secret Sentinels.  The horn is good, but in FotR you lose to Sauron Grind or moria Swarm if you have no condition removal.  Also, if Boromir gets Black Breath without SS, game over.  Personally I prefer an Orophin and Rumil over the third Galadriel and Celeborn, but that could be because my deck uses the other Elrond.  He's less easy to take down by Tower Assasin.  Fun looking shadow, though.  How does it deal with Gandalf's pipe?

Secret Sentinels, THAT'S what I forgot. I knew I put those elves in for a reason. My problem right now is managing cards of the freeps side. I'm not sure on what to cut. I like the elven rings, but Nenya isn't too big of a necessity. And I guess having the horn makes One Whom Men Would Follow redundant, but it's nice to keep the exertions spread evenly. I could cut 2x OWMWF and add 2 Secret Sentinels though. I liked Elrond and Celeborn keep the cycling going. 

For the shadow, I think I can cut some events for a few Too Great and Too Terrible. Pipes are too efficient to fully stop, but a timely Gandalf kill coupled with Helpless could help to freeze out FP burden removal. Maybe I could cut 1 of each It Wants To Be Found and Resistance Becomes Unbearable, since Morgul Skulker can bring them back.

Trade List