LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: What are some anti-Elf strategies? (focus mainly on post-Shadow formats)  (Read 14578 times)

January 05, 2014, 03:32:06 AM
Reply #15

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: What are some anti-Elf strategies? (focus mainly on post-Shadow formats)
« Reply #15 on: January 05, 2014, 03:32:06 AM »
No, I was saying discard is generally a bad strategy.  That deck is the only one I've made that has any chance against anything (though as you point out, not elves).  Personally I've found tentacles to be very effective against these guys since if you play nothing the FP is forced to choose between stopping and having a hand clogged with Elven Events, or doubling and risking one card in your hand being able to use 40 twilight, to get out 17 minions.  It takes a lot of events to take that out.

Watching games, I don't see that elves have much in the way of healing.  I may be wrong, but wounding looks to be very effective against them.

January 05, 2014, 05:53:54 AM
Reply #16

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Re: What are some anti-Elf strategies? (focus mainly on post-Shadow formats)
« Reply #16 on: January 05, 2014, 05:53:54 AM »
Lack of healing is their one weakness, mitigated somewhat by Nenya, Ring of Adamant. The caveat is, wounds directed at the ring-bearer (via archery for example) don't work so good, since he can take them as burdens, and potentially remove all burdens in regroup. One thing that does work is a well-timed rapid reload, keeping in mind you probably won't get to use it more than once.
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir