LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Looking for a Dauntless Hunter deck for Towers Block  (Read 4939 times)

January 19, 2014, 01:16:41 AM
Read 4939 times

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Looking for a Dauntless Hunter deck for Towers Block
« on: January 19, 2014, 01:16:41 AM »
Hi!
I never built a Dauntless Hunter deck and since it has been a VERY long time since I played beyond FotR block I would really appreciate a Dauntless Hunter deck that works well (or even excellent). Please post your suggestions. It should be legal for Towers Block. Many thanks.
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

January 19, 2014, 05:02:22 AM
Reply #1

Zielak

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Looking for a Dauntless Hunter deck for Towers Block
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2014, 05:02:22 AM »
I'd rather go for for Movie Block, because it opens a lot of new possibilities. There are 2 types of DH decks - Wounding and full on choke. The first one usually is for Movie and it contains Gimli RB, DH, Aragorn Wingfoot, Pippin WoBaS and Merry FTS. It uses Preparation and Slaked thirsts combo with Shadowplays to exhaust everything and Gondor Bowmen, Arangorn's bow and Unheeded to finish them off. The second type is my favourite deck, here is my Gemp decklist (I'm not playing it anymore, so feel free to use it):
Ring-bearer: Frodo, Old Bilbo's Heir
Ring: The One Ring, Such a Weight to Carry

Adventure deck:
Sleeping Quarters
West Road
Hall of the Kings
Osgiliath Fallen
Pelennor Flat
Minas Tirith Third Circle
Osgiliath Channel
Morgul Vale
Dagorlad

Free Peoples Draw Deck:
1x Legolas, Dauntless Hunter
1x Merry, Friend to Sam
1x Pippin, Friend to Frodo
3x Sam, Great Elf Warrior
3x Bilbo, Well-spoken Gentlehobbit
2x Farmer Maggot, Chaser of Rascals
1x Melilot Brandybuck, Merry Dancer
1x The Gaffer, Sam's Father
3x Hobbit Sword
1x Sting, Bane of the Eight Legs
1x Mithril-coat
2x Narrow Escape
3x A Promise
2x A Talent for Not Being Seen
3x Consorting With Wizards
2x Escape
2x Not Feared in Sunlight
2x Shadowplay
1x The Tale of the Great Ring
2x There and Back Again

The only real counters are Ninja Gollum (use Bilbo to discard They Stole it and Promise Keeping, also try to stop Shelob from stacking with Narrow Escape) and Beatdown Nazguls (Shadowplay block Cantea from discarding swords, Melilot Brandybuck makes Blade Tip on your Frodo/Sam uselsess, as you can heal her with Frodo; Bilbo discards conditions, and Not Feared in Sunlight is the ultimate "f*** you opponent" card. If there aren't any of the above deck in you meta, go for Bilbo RA - you can recycle you events and discardable conditions.  Use Shadow with Palantir of Orthanc, SSS to control you and opponent's draw.

January 19, 2014, 06:31:34 AM
Reply #2

ununtrium

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2014, 06:31:34 AM »
That is excellent! Many thanks! What kind of shadow side do you pair it with?
I am a Lieutenant Commander on the G.A.B. Saffron team. My trade lists:
http://lotrtcgdb.com/forums/index.php/topic,3255.0.html
http://www.tradecardsonline.com/user/ununtrium

January 19, 2014, 12:13:30 PM
Reply #3

Zielak

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2014, 12:13:30 PM »
Palantir is a key to this strategy. I use deck with all Isengard's annoying guys. So: Grima Wormtongue, Goblin Man, Saruman, Black Traitor, Saruman's Staff, A fell voice in the air, all kinds of weather conditions (the most important one is Wizard Storm), some Abandoning reasons for madness, Orthanc Champion, some Isengard Men and their conditions. You need to drop at least 1 minion each site to trigger Palantir. If you got Saruman, you can play Wizard Storm on every site - if they want to double, Champion is going to murder them.