LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Help with Dwarven/Moria deck  (Read 3277 times)

February 02, 2014, 01:23:11 AM
Read 3277 times

tatoiss

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Help with Dwarven/Moria deck
« on: February 02, 2014, 01:23:11 AM »
Hello, i am new in this so i need some opinions to boost my deck. At Gemp i have build this deck (all cards-Fellowship-74 cards)

Frodo, reluctant adventurer
The one ring, the ruling ring

Avdenture deck:
1- Westfarthing
2- Trollshaw forest
3- Council courtyard
4- Moria stairway
5- Bridge of Khazad-Dum
6- Dimrill Dale
7- Anduin wilderland
8- Gates of Argonath
9- Summit of Amon Hen

Free peoples: 32 cards
Gimli, son of Gloin x2
Glóin, friend to Thorin x2
Farin, dwarven emissary x2
Frór, Gimli`s kinsman x2

Grimir, dwarven elder x1
Thrarin, dwarven smith x1

Book of Mazarbul x2
Dwarven axe x4
Hand axe x4
Gimli`s Helm x1
Sting x1
Mithrill-Coat x1

Flury of blows x4

Beneath the mountains x1
Endurance of dwarves x4
Realm of dwarrowdelf x2
Till Durin wakes again x3

Shadow: 32 cards
Goblin flankers x4
Goblin runner x4
Goblin scavengers x4
Goblin spearman x4
Goblin wallcrawler x4
The Balrog, Durin`s bane x1

Goblin scimitar x4
Goblin spear x4

Goblin armory x3
Goblin swarms x3
Relics of Moria x2

I have won a couple of matches with this deck and loose around 5 matches. I think the deck is fast, book of mazarbul and goblin scimitar allows me to draw some cards, it has only 4 events so i draw a lot of cards by reconciling. Site 4, Moria stairways is useful to dwarves armed with axes, and my armed orcs. May be i can change site 8 to Shores of Nen Hithoel (i am not very good to advance quickly with my fellowship)

Free peoples: i play cheap equipment and conditions mainly. With Beneath the mountains i can recover some axes, realm of dwarrowdelf and flurry of blows boost my dwarves in skirmish, Till Durin wakes again provides some healing and boost Gloin, endurance of dwarves is also cheap and useful in skirmish/more vitality. For Frodo there is Sting and the Mithrill-Coat.
I think may be i can add one copy of Beneath the Mountains (not unique tale, to Glóin), one copy of Till Durin wakes again (more healing and tale to Glóin) and one copy of Gimli`s Helm. I am not sure if 5 companions total is ok.

Shadow: Cheap Moria orcs, the balrog, weapons and conditions, no events. i like the Goblin Armory combo, so i have 4 scimitars and 4 goblin spear (with 4 Goblin spearman). Goblin scavengers and relics of Moria allow me to recover some weapons from discard pile and keep using Goblin Armory. Goblin Swarms is essential and the Balrog is always useful. I think i am weak against archer fellowships. May be i can add one copy of Goblin armory, one of Goblin Swarm and one of Relics of Moria.

Thanks to all of you, and sorry if my english is not so good (i am from Chile).

February 02, 2014, 01:47:29 AM
Reply #1

Zielak

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Re: Help with Dwarven/Moria deck
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2014, 01:47:29 AM »
Here we go:
-1 Gimli and Gloin - you don't need them if you start with them, one copy is ok
-3 Till Durin Wakes Again - useless in Fellowship Block, there are just 2 undeground sites
-1 Mithril Coat - useful only in hobbit deck where Frodo is the fighting one
-4 Endurance of Dwarves - too risky, one Power of Saruman and your Gimli is down
+4 Dwarven Bracers - no brainer
+3 pumps - must have vs Nazguls
+2 Dwarven Guard - anti-Balrog meatshield
+2 the card that discards conditions from Dwarves - must have vs Nazguls
-4: Flankers, Spearman and Spear - too expansive or just not good enough imo
+4 Goblin Sneak
+2 Underdeeps of Moria
+1 Goblin Armory
+2 They are Coming
+2 Warrior/the dude who discards elven card
This should do, but I'd add more cards, because this deck discards loads of cards on its own, also, it need more tales for Gloin because I removed some. Imo 40/40 would be ok, but I'm not that much into this kind of decks so I have no idea.

February 02, 2014, 04:04:48 AM
Reply #2

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Help with Dwarven/Moria deck
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2014, 04:04:48 AM »
Till Durin wakes again is a fantastic card.  Don't lose it.  It keeps your dwarves alive until site 6, by which time you can hope to be fully set up with your possessions.  (Plus it's a tale for Gloin).  Song of Durin is an absolute must.  Otherwise Moria will beat you every time.  In my opinion this is the golden rule for Fellowship block: if you don't have condition discard, Moria (and probably Sauron) will always beat you.  Nazgul probably will too.  I play Bilbo, WSG in my decks to discard other conditions, too.