LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: If Frodo is overwhelmed while wearing the Ring, does Sam also wear it?  (Read 2743 times)

May 03, 2014, 09:46:01 AM
Read 2743 times

idleninja

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Frodo is wearing SAWTC during a skirmish
Frodo is overwhelmed
Sam triggers optional effect to become the Ring-bearer

Is Sam considered to be wearing the Ring or not? Just curious with Sealed league, I got this ring but I want to know if threat damage will add burdens or wounds to Sam if another comp dies during the same turn after it transfers.

May 03, 2014, 10:48:37 AM
Reply #1

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
I seem to recall a ruling about this, but I can't find it.

As I recall, when Frodo is killed, the Ring is no longer being worn when it transfers to Sam, who in your scenario would take wounds, not burdens.
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

May 03, 2014, 10:50:42 AM
Reply #2

TelTura

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Administrator
    • Player's Council Discord
Nvm, found it.  http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/comprehensive_rules_4-0#losing_the_game.

"When a new character becomes your Ring-bearer, he is not wearing The One Ring, even if the old Ring-bearer was wearing it when he was killed."
Come join the Player's Council to help us run events, create new cards, and steer the direction of this great game!

Join our Discord here for more information.

May 03, 2014, 12:57:35 PM
Reply #3

idleninja

• Information Offline
  • Orc
Nvm, found it.  http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/comprehensive_rules_4-0#losing_the_game.

"When a new character becomes your Ring-bearer, he is not wearing The One Ring, even if the old Ring-bearer was wearing it when he was killed."
Sounds good, thanks for the fast response!

January 30, 2017, 05:02:59 AM
Reply #4

Han Solo

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: If Frodo is overwhelmed while wearing the Ring, does Sam also wear it?
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2017, 05:02:59 AM »
I seem to recall a ruling about this, but I can't find it.

As I recall, when Frodo is killed, the Ring is no longer being worn when it transfers to Sam, who in your scenario would take wounds, not burdens.

No, the Rings texts says that its bearer wears the One Ring until the regroup phase, the bearer in the moment that the rings was weared; a new bearer only wears the One Ring if he does the same action as the original one did or activating the trigger for use it itself, depending of wich version of the Ring he is using
""We are home, Chewie..""