LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: New Easterlings  (Read 5370 times)

July 22, 2014, 10:15:46 PM
Read 5370 times

Floydor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
New Easterlings
« on: July 22, 2014, 10:15:46 PM »
When i watched Movie TT and saw Easterlings marched into the Black Gate, in perfect collumn, well equipped…in golden armor and with loong poleaxes…hmm i though, thats a pretty army so i then google it and look…Easterlings are Elite of the Elite, hates Gondor for looooong time so i have idea about that.
So idea is this: Easterlings "commanders"…using "tactics" support area conditions (i will explain how it works later)…and Easterlings supporting each other…twilight cost/power about Uruk-hai from 1st E…but rarely DMG+1 or Fierce by nature.
Here are explanation of tactics:

Tactics – unique support are condition playable in shadow phase (of course secret tricks by minions will be aviable), you can have only 1 tactics condition in the play. When you have already tactics on the table, playing other tactics condition will discard previous one. Each tactics condition will be discarded at the end of the turn.
So lets take look on some card ideas:

Name: •Tight Formation
cost: 3
Support area • condition • tactics
To play spot an Easterling
Easterlings cannot take more than 1 wound in the skirmishes.

Name: •Shield Wall
cost: 2
Support area • condition • tactics
Easterlings cannot take archery wounds.

Name: •Easterling Taskmaster
Str: 8
Vitality: 2
Minion • Easterling
Regroup: Spot another Easterling and exert this minion to play tactic condition from discard pile.

Name: Easterling Conscript
str: 9
Vitality: 2
Minion • Easterling

Name: Easterling Axeman
str: 6
Vit: 2
Minion Easterling
While you can spot tactics condition in your support area, this minion is str +2 and fierce.

Name: Easterling Sergeant
vita: 2
Minion • Easterling
While you can spot 3 Easterlings, this minion is dmg+1

Name: Men from the East
cost: 0
Condition • Support area
Each time is an Easterling killed, place a token here.
Regroup: Discard this condition to shuffle X minions from discard pile into the draw deck, where X is number of tokens here. (limit 3)

Name: Easterling Banner
cost: 0
Possession • Support Area
Each time an Easterling win skirmish, you may discard that minion to make another Easterling str +2 untill the regroup phase.

Name: Easterling Polearm
Cost: 1
str: +2
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be an Easterling.
While you can spot 6 or more companions, bearer is str +2 and dmg+1.

Name: Easterling Tactican
Cost: 3
vit: 2
Minion Easterling
Manuevers: Spot tactic condition, exert this minion and remove 1 to make another Easterling str +2 and fierce untill the regroup phase.

Easterling Spearman
Str: 6
vit: 2
While this minion bearing Easterling Polearm it is fierce.

Discipline
event
skirmish: Make an Easterling str +2 (+4 when you can spot Tactics condition)

Easterling Armourer
Cost: 2
Str: 7
vitality: 2
Manuever: Exert this minion and spot another Easterling to play Hand Weapon from the discard pile.

Men of Rhun
cost: 1
event
Response: If Easterling win skirmish, exert that minion to discard FP condition.

Easterling Captain
cost: 5
Str: 9
Vitality: 4
Minion • Easterling
Enduring
Skirmish: Exert this minion and spot tactics condition in your support arrea, make another Easterling str +2.

Pavise
vitality : +1
Possession • shield
Each time an Easterling is about taking wound, exert bearer to prevent that wound.

Overrun
Condition • Support Area •Tactics
When you can spot 6 and more companions, each  Easterling is str +2.

Chain of Command
Event • Shadow
Exert an Easterling, to play tactics condition from hand.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2014, 02:57:14 PM by Floydor »

July 23, 2014, 08:17:41 PM
Reply #1

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: New Easterlings
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2014, 08:17:41 PM »
Altogether, I think it's a cool idea!

The Tactics conditions are not overpowered (maybe make the no archery one cost 3), and since you can only have one in play at a time, they don't pile up and get too overpowered.

For the other cards, they all look very well balanced and add more interesting elements to Easterlings. I like the Easterling banner. Adds in more thought process in the FP player's timing of skirmishes. You actually could make that card make ALL Easterlings str +1 until the regroup, as you are discarding him for an effect. Winning the skirmish sometimes is a task itself, if you then discard him, the reward could be a little bigger :)

Fun cards!

August 06, 2014, 12:06:28 PM
Reply #2

BigRedMF

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2014, 12:06:28 PM »
Sounds really cool! Nothing appears too strong (at first glance) and it keeps Easterlings separate from other Men in that they have tactics to make use of. Nice work!

August 06, 2014, 07:13:47 PM
Reply #3

Prince_of_Ithilien

• Information Offline
  • Orc
  • for the King
« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2014, 07:13:47 PM »
Wow, I like it - nice going!  Perhaps this would be fun to play-test as a "virtual set," a print-and-play insert like what the SWCCG community did with their virtual blocks.

<Can of worms open:
P.S.-The only beef I ever had with playing against Easterlings is that I didn't think they should be able to use the distinctively "Southronesque" Raider Bow from the towers set - the shiny gold Easterling Captain using the hand-hewn Southron Raider Bow just seems out of place, and the ambush 5 is a pain with him (if they have ranged weapons, perhaps they should get their own).
Can closed, all worms returned and accounted for>
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 05:23:16 PM by Prince_of_Ithilien »
I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory. I love only that which they defend...-Faramir

August 07, 2014, 12:45:04 AM
Reply #4

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2014, 12:45:04 AM »
<Can of worms open:
P.S.-The only beef I ever had with playing against Easterlings is that I didn't thing they should be able to use the distinctively "Southronesque" Raider Bow from the towers set - the shiny gold Easterling Captain using the hand-hewn Southron Raider Bow just seems out of place, and the ambush 5 is a pain with him (if they have ranged weapons, perhaps they should get their own).
Can closed, all worms returned and accounted for>

I really agree with you here. It's not only out of place, it really makes for an NPE experience when playing against it. All they need to do is get two burdens out (easy with small hope), throw a polearm and bow on him, and you are dealing with some serious crap, haha.

August 07, 2014, 12:49:48 PM
Reply #5

Floydor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2014, 12:49:48 PM »
I think "merging" Southrons and Easterlings into the 1 culture without propper decide who can use what - Beasterlings became too boring...nonstop cycle of the Capitain, Bow, Poleaxe... and same with the southrons, why the #$&*@! southrons have Rapid Fire (+1 for each burden archery), Fearless event, Desert Legion what spots Burdens....when they dont have any cards or ways how to atleast corrupt.

August 08, 2014, 01:21:10 AM
Reply #6

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #6 on: August 08, 2014, 01:21:10 AM »
That and they don't really have effective site control to use their minions that gain bonuses from controlling sites. Lots of loopholes there hehe

EDIT - Sorry, kind of running off-topic here. This belongs in existing card discussion ;)

August 30, 2014, 10:09:50 PM
Reply #7

daisukeman

• Information Offline
  • Troll
  • Evil Bilbo is always appropiate for this forum
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2014, 10:09:50 PM »
Looks pretty cool..
I may be wrong, but I just have this comment:

The "When you can spot an Easterling, each Easterling..." wording seems unecessary.

It could be shortened to just "Each easterling..".
Or, unless you want these to be possibly combined with a raider mix, you could use:
"While you can spot an Easterling, each [Raider] minion..."
My opinions may have changed, but not the fact that i'm right...

September 02, 2014, 05:14:28 PM
Reply #8

Floydor

• Information Offline
  • Orc
« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2014, 05:14:28 PM »
Looks pretty cool..
I may be wrong, but I just have this comment:

The "When you can spot an Easterling, each Easterling..." wording seems unecessary.

It could be shortened to just "Each easterling..".
Or, unless you want these to be possibly combined with a raider mix, you could use:
"While you can spot an Easterling, each [Raider] minion..."

Ok, will remake gametexts a little bit... and no, Easterlings cannot be mixed with other "evil" men... Easterlings will work only with other Easterlings...same for Southrons.