LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Shire Countryside / Black Serpent´s Archery  (Read 3285 times)

August 15, 2014, 04:00:00 AM
Reply #1

Bilbo the Hutt

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
Re: Shire Countryside / Black Serpent´s Archery
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2014, 04:00:00 AM »
I have a similar deck I was messing around with before. It's fun and different, which is always nice in movie block.

From what I've found, I would include (and probably start) more hobbit companions. If Merry dies before you find your Shire Countrysides, you can't play them because of the spot condition. It's brutal when that happens. I think I ended up starting Gandalf, LOM, the pump Merry, and the anti-tale discard Pippin (and smeagol). I switched to the one ring that pulls other rings to pull Gandalf's ring that removes a burden each turn. I also threw in some Everyone Knows to boost Pippin and Merry. Boromir works really well with the hobbits, but I find you end up exerting a lot and that can lead to some scary situations if you don't have the shire countrysides out.

On a somewhat related note, I would trim some cards to get it closer to 30 a side. This makes it easier to find your shire countrysides.

Some other fun stuff to use is shadowplay and unheeded. Can become card intensive, but it's a great way of killing something. Tom Bombadil is also fun.