LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Khamul  (Read 3163 times)

September 23, 2014, 07:21:17 AM
Read 3163 times

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
  • ^This guy is actually Hamlet.
Khamul
« on: September 23, 2014, 07:21:17 AM »
[Twilight cost 6] Khamul, Easterling Lord (Raider culture)
Minion Man
Strength: 11
Vitality: 3
Site: 4
Easterling
Ulaire Attea and Khamul cannot be in play at the same time. While you can spot Sauron or a Nazgul, Khamul is strength +3. Shadow: Exert Khamul twice to play Ulaire Attea from your draw deck; he is twilight cost -6.

He is a place holder for Ulaire Attea until you want him. Not sure about the "spotting Sauron/Nazgul for a strength bonus" part. Thoughts?
"Alas, poor Yorrick. I knew him, Horatio."

September 23, 2014, 09:08:25 PM
Reply #1

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
Re: Khamul
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2014, 09:08:25 PM »
Cool idea!

You could make him fierce even if you wanted, just so he has a little more umph as an easterling :)

I've always wanted there to be a Ulaire Attea card that had the keyword Easterling, but I guess that would be too overpowered haha.

This is the next best thing!

September 24, 2014, 03:15:57 AM
Reply #2

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2014, 03:15:57 AM »
Wouldn't it make more sense for his shadow ability to be "Discard Khamul to play Attea from your draw deck; he is twilight cost -6".

I also feel like this ability may be a little overpowered, like if you ran four copies of him and four copies of Attea, you're basically guaranteed to bring one out every turn.

Also, does it make sense to have him less strength than the wraith version of himself? I can buy that he's not feirce, in fact I'd swap the fierce for a default Damage +1. But should the living version be weaker than the undead one?
If we're gonna play games, I'm gonna need a cup of coffee.

September 24, 2014, 06:12:51 AM
Reply #3

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2014, 06:12:51 AM »
Whoops; I INTENDED his ability to be "Exert Khamul twice and discard him to play Ulaire Attea from your draw deck, he is twilight cost -6." Otherwise, I could have what you put. That makes it so that you'd have to pull Attea out quickly if you wanted him.

Well, he almost certainly gained a great deal of strength once he became a Nazgul. That is why he has a possible strength bonus from spotting people.

And what is wrong with an Attea speed deck?

Maybe it does make sense to have him be damaging. I forgot about that.

Fixed version:

Minion Man
Easterling Damage +1
Ulaire Attea and Khamul cannot be in play at the same time. While you can spot Sauron or a Nazgul, Khamul is strength +3. Shadow: Exert Khamul twice and discard him to play Ulaire Attea from your draw deck; he is twilight cost -6.

How does that sound? Or should he just discard himself?

September 24, 2014, 11:01:03 AM
Reply #4

thetimewarptrio

• Information Offline
  • Tracker
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2014, 11:01:03 AM »
Hmmm. Should he be encouraged to be used in Easterling or Nazgul decks?

We could even place more caveats on it such as "While you can spot a Nazgul, Khamul comes into play exhausted. You may discard him to play Attea from your draw deck; his twilight cost is -6."
If we're gonna play games, I'm gonna need a cup of coffee.

September 24, 2014, 11:10:15 AM
Reply #5

ANGRY

• Information Offline
  • Scout
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2014, 11:10:15 AM »
Hmmm. Should he be encouraged to be used in Easterling or Nazgul decks?

We could even place more caveats on it such as "While you can spot a Nazgul, Khamul comes into play exhausted. You may discard him to play Attea from your draw deck; his twilight cost is -6."

That is better. Makes you want to use him fast, so he doesn't get killed right away.

Minion Man
Easterling. Damage +1.
Ulaire Attea and Khamul cannot be in play at the same time. While you can spot Sauron or a Nazgul, Khamul is strength +3, and comes into play exhausted. Shadow: You may discard Khamul to play Ulaire Attea from your draw deck; his twilight cost is -6.