LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Next Updates for the Hobbit Draft Game  (Read 269943 times)

December 12, 2014, 12:59:43 AM
Read 269943 times

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
Next Updates for the Hobbit Draft Game
« on: December 12, 2014, 12:59:43 AM »
This first post will be frequently updated.

Last Updates

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Gandalf3.png
[2] Gandalf, The Grey [Gandalf]
Companion. Wizard.
Strength 7. Vitality 4.
Wise.
Each time you play a [Gandalf] event, you may wound a minion (except Smaug).
Fellowship: Add 2 doubts to play an artifact or a Dwarf companion from your draw deck or discard pile.
"Dragon sickness is a malady that affects all of us."

-----

Bilbo Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/An_Invisible_Ring.png
2x [1] An Invisible Ring [Shire]
Event • Skirmish
If Bilbo wears the One Ring, wound a minion he is skirmishing X times where X is the number of skirmish events with a twilight cost of 0 in your discard pile.
"...not a fair fight. He was invisible now."

-----

Mirkwood Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/New_Emeralds_of_Girion.png  
3x [2] •Emeralds of Girion [Dwarven]
Artifact • Support Area
Fellowship: Add [1] to take a card stacked here into hand.
Regroup: Exert an [Elven] ally to stack an [Elven] event (or Lore of Imladris) from your discard pile on Emeralds of Girion.

-----

Thorin Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/The_Arkenstone.png
3x [2] •The Arkenstone [Dwarven]
Artifact • Support Area  
Fellowship: Add [1] to take a card stacked here into hand.
Maneuver: Stack a [Dwarven] card from hand on the Arkenstone.
"..."

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Dwarven_Song.png
3x [3] Dwarven Song [Dwarven]
Event • Fellowship
At sites 1 to 5, discard a [Dwarven] follower with a twilight cost of X to play X [Dwarven] cards (except events) from your draw deck. At any other site, heal Thorin.
"For..."

-----

Thrain Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Thrain.png
3x [2] •Thráin, Father of Thorin [Dwarven]  
Follower • Dwarf.
Strength +1
Aid - Spot Gandalf and add [2].
Each time bearer wins a skirmish, you may play a [Dwarven] possession or [Dwarven] artifact from your draw deck on bearer.

-----

Wizard Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/His_Wrath_Was_Redoubled.png
2x [3] •Beorn, Bear Form [Gandalf]  
Follower • Bear.
Strength +4 Vitality +1  
Aid - Exert Gandalf.
Discard Beorn at the end of the turn.
"..."

-----

Blue Mountains Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Dwarven_Cooking_Pot.png  
3x [1] •Dwarven Cooking Pot [Dwarven]
Possession • Support Area
Each time you play Bifur, Bofur or Bombur, you may place a [Dwarven] token here.
Fellowship or Regroup: Remove a [Dwarven] token from here to take a [Dwarven] event with a twilight cost of 1 into hand from your discard pile (limit once per phase).
"Cheese knife? He eats it by the block..."

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Eager_To_Brawl.png  
2x [1] Eager To Brawl [Dwarven]
Event • Response
If the fellowship moves during the regroup phase, spot a [Dwarven] follower with a twilight cost of X to discard X minions (except Smaug).
"Go Bombur! Go!"  

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/7_Front_Gate_of_Erebor.png
2x Site 7 Front Gate of Erebor [8]
Mountain. River. Bifur, Bofur and Bombur may be attached to [Dwarven] companions without paying the aid cost.

-----

Rivendell Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Moon_Letters.png
2x [1] Moon-Letters [Elven]
Event • Fellowship
Discard a [Dwarven] card (except a companion) in play to take into hand an [Elven] or [Mirkwood] card from your draw deck or discard pile.
"This was made by Thrór, your grandfather, Thorin... It is a plan of the Mountain."

-----

Travellers Pack

-----

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Burning_Fir_Cones.png
2x [1] Burning Fir Cones [Gandalf]
Archery: Spot Gandalf and add [3] to reveal your hand. Wound a minion for each Free Peoples skirmish event revealed. Discard this possession.
"He gathered the huge pinecones from the branches of his tree. Then he set one alight with bright blue fire..."

http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Cards_Good_def/Bill_Ferny_Sr.png  
2x [2] •Bill Ferny Sr., Agent of Azog [Gundabad]
Minion. Man.
Strength 4. Vitality 1. Site 2.
The Free Peoples player may not assign a character to skirmish Bill Ferny Sr.
Bill Ferny Sr. may not be assigned to skirmish Bilbo.
Shadow: Discard 2 cards from hand to play this minion from your discard pile.
"'A promise of payment... for your head.'"
« Last Edit: July 15, 2019, 09:24:27 AM by -Enola- »
Hobbit Draft Game : http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr

December 13, 2014, 05:32:11 PM
Reply #1

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: First Extension set of the Hobbit Draft Game
« Reply #1 on: December 13, 2014, 05:32:11 PM »
About those 2 versions of Thorin proposed for the Extension:

I was thinking about and found both should have [3] as cost, in order to allow him to be played along with Gandalf, Leader of Dwarves (the only Gandy who won't play a desired dwarf from deck). And Son of Thráin Son of Thrór must be modified as the current is heavily overpowered: he might easily end up being strength 15 or more with wounds and tales, so that bonus must be limited. This is what I mean:

[3]Thorin, Son of Thráin Son of Thrór [Dwarven]
Companion - Dwarf
Strength: 7  Vitality: 4
Damage +1. Thorin is strength +1 for each wound on a character in his skirmish.
Assignment: Assign Thorin to an Orc, a Warg or Smaug to make him defender +1 and damage +1 until the regroup phase (limit once per phase).
"We few had survived and I thought to myself then 'There is one I could follow. There is one I could call King'."

No strength bonus from tales. The new strength bonus text is borrowed from Uruk Berserkers, surviviors and slayers par excellence. Also its a great skill to mix with the assignment ability: if he fights 2 minions, potentially there will be more wounds to spot (and a greater need of spotting them). With those 2 skills, Thorin can be a one-to-one killer, a killer of small minions, or a defender against two big beasts.

Keep in mind that strength bonus is quite dangerous, as a simple unexpected skirmish event may send an exhausted Thorin to the dead pile if it catches you unguarded. Nevertheless, it a very powerful version of the Exiled King: a bold hearted warrior who doesn't fear death but offers it to anyone in his path.

If there won't be a random choice of Thorin (which seems OK), let Lord of the Blue Mountains be the fixed version, and Son of Thráin Son of Thrór be in the Extension Booster deck (because that version is far more powerful).

I've been working on Warg minions and their mechanics... soon will be posted.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:13:14 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

December 13, 2014, 07:23:33 PM
Reply #2

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2014, 07:23:33 PM »
My friend Enola, I firmly believe you will like this Skirmish Event:

[3] Dissension [Sauron]
Event - Skirmish
Spot X doubts to make a Dwarf companion strength -X. While you can spot The Arkenstone, this event's twilight cost is -2.
If a Free Peoples skirmish event was played this turn, you may exert Smaug twice to play this event from your discard pile.
"I am almost tempted to let you take it, if only to see Oakenshield suffer... watch it corrupt his heart and drive him mad."

Picture: Thorin blocking Bilbo's escape with his sword. Something like these images:
http://d2oah9q9xdinv5.cloudfront.net/images/members/2/1960/1959851/882695_719273701419276_1627335685_o.jpg
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/-Tvf-gf0jYAE/U5lPNRq1MgI/AAAAAAAAA78/DxhOMMDNcNU/s1600/1669821_609647675783159_3304679906110871335_o.jpg

I don't know what culture should have. I think Sauron is the common enemy and universal source of evil, and he always tried to cause dissension amongst the Free Peoples. This card's culture might be [Wraith] or [Gundabad] very well...

I want to include 2x of this one in the Extension Main deck. Or at least 1x.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:13:40 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

December 20, 2014, 12:59:43 AM
Reply #3

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 12:59:43 AM »
There is my actual proposition for the next Free Peoples packs :

Free Peoples Events Pack  (16 cards) :
- 1x Take up arms. Fight!
- 2x A Wizard Is Never Late
- 2x He gives me courage
- 1x Dawn take you all!
- 2x Noble Intentions
- 2x Battle of Azanulbizar
- 2x Ancestral Knowledge
- 2x Battle Fury
- 1x Lore of Imladris
- 1x To Me ! O My Kinsfolk !

Dain Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Dain Ironfoot : Cost (3). Home 9. Strength 7, Vitality 3. Ally. Dwarf.  Thorin is strength +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard a [Dwarven] follower to discard a minion (except Smaug).
- 2x • The Arkenstone
- 2x Mithril Coat : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession • Hand Weapon. Bearer must be Bilbo. Each minion skirmishing Bilbo does not gain strength or damage bonuses from weapons. Response: If a minion skirmishing Bilbo uses a special ability, exert Bilbo to prevent that.
- 2x Dwarven Axe : Cost (0). [Dwarven] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a Dwarf.
- 2x To Me ! O My Kinsfolk !

Wizard Pack(10 cards) :
- 2x • Radagast
- 2x • Beorn
- 2x • Gwaihir
- 2x Wizard Staff : Cost (2). [Gandalf] Possession • Staff. Strength +1. Skirmish: Exert bearer twice to make a minion strength -3 until the regroup phase.
- 2x Dawn take you all!

Mirkwood Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Thranduil : Cost (4). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 9, Vitality 4. To play, discard a possession. Maneuver: Exert Thorin twice or discard a [Dwarven] possession to allow Thranduil to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x • Tauriel : Cost (2). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 6, Vitality 3. Archer. Maneuver: Exert Tauriel to return Narzug or Yazneg to it's owner hand.
- 2x • Legolas : Cost (2). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 6, Vitality 3. Archer. Archery: Spot an Orc and exert Legolas to make the fellowhip archery total +1.
- 2x Barrels : Cost (1). [Dwarven] Event. Regroup: Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions to discard up to 2 minions.
- 2x Lore of Imladris

Esgaroth Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • The Master
- 2x • Baïn, Son of Bard : Cost (2). Ally. Man. Home 6. Strength 4, Vitality 3. Maneuver: Exert Baïn to allow Bard to participate in archery and skirmish phases until the regroup phase.
- 2x Iron-Forged Weapon : Cost (2). [Gandalf] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a Man or a Dwarf. Skirmish: If bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, discard this possession to wound a skirmishing minion.
- 2x Laketown Armor : Cost (1). [Gandalf] Possession • Armor. Bearer must be a Man or a Dwarf. Response: If bearer is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
- 2x Take up arms. Fight!

White Council Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Saruman : Cost (4). Ally. Wizard. Home 3. Strength 8, vitality 4. Response: If Gandalf is about to take a wound, exert Saruman and add (2) to prevent that wound.
- 2x • Galadriel : Cost (3). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 3, vitality 3. Gandalf is strength +1. Response: If Gandalf is about to be overwhelmed, exert Galadriel to make Gandalf strength +2.
- 2x • Narya : Cost (0). Possession • Ring. Vitality +1. Bearer must be Gandalf. Response: If Gandalf is about to be discarded, exert him to prevent this.
- 2x Gathering of the three Great Rings : [Gandalf] Cost (3). Event. Skirmish : Make X minions strength -X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of the following characters you can spot : Gandalf, Elrond or Galadriel.
- 2x Former Herald : [Gandalf] Cost (2). Event. Maneuver: Spot Gandalf and exert an ally twice to allow him to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.

December 23, 2014, 05:28:13 AM
Reply #4

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: Next Updates for the Hobbit Draft Game
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2014, 05:28:13 AM »
The thematic Booster Pack idea is great, sir. 5 different cards to represent a part or a culture may be enough. I love Gathering of the Three Great Rings, and your modification to Wizard Staff.

There are some wording errors here, but little ones and of minor importance:

- Mithril-Coat: [Dwarven] Possession • Armor.
- Bain, Son of Bard: "Exert Bain to allow Bard to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase".
- Iron-Forged Weapon: "Skirmish: If bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, discard this possession to wound a minion assigned to skirmish" or "a minion in a skirmish". Or just "a minion" would be enough for the purpose.
- Narya: "Response: If Gandalf is about to be discarded, exert him to prevent that".
- Former Herald: "Spot Gandalf and exert an ally twice to allow that ally to participate in (archery fire? and) skirmishes until the regroup phase".

There are some observations I would like to pronounce:

- What about Bain making Bard strength +1 or +2 (like Galadriel)? That way Bard would be a strength 7 or 8 defender, which represents in a better way his skills as a fighter and a leader facing the enemy hordes. Take into account it's a 2-cards combo, or 3-cards if he bears an Iron-Forged Weapon. Bain won't get healed anyway (unless an ally-healing ability is incorporated)...

- Former Herald's purpose is great, but its cost of a double exertion for just an event (not a condition) is too much. An event with only 2 copies, which may not appear when drafting, or even not be drawn if it's in the deck. Unlike Swan-Ship of the Galadhrim and Support of the Last Homely House, it doesn't give strength bonuses so the ally is almost doomed to die as cannon fodder (even Saruman or Radagast will die against Azog or Bolg given the double exertion). I would reduce the exertion to one, and give the ally strength +2 (like One Whom Men Would Follow, except Aragorn is who gets exerted in that card).

- Galadriel's strength is too low. It was she who fought Sauron and forced him out in the movie, and according to Tolkien she was the strongest elf in the Third Age (both in spirit and physically) and her power was second to only Sauron. Her strength 3 was made by Decipher probably because of her slender and more or less kind appearance, and to match her vitality and twilight cost. She should be strength 7 or 8, or at least 6 like her husband (who has a lighter twilight cost and same vitality). It shouldn't surprise us that TCG designers fall sometimes to sexism...

- Tauriel is way too specific. She can counter those annoying orcs, but her skill should be broader in my opinion, something like "to return an orc with strength 7 or less to it's owner's hand". Given her scarce vitality, her skill won't be abused anyway (again, unless an ally-healing ability is incorporated). And if you use my idea, a simple possession like a Scimitar borne by Narzug might render her skill useless against him (or a strength +3 warg borne by Yazneg).

- Tauriel doesn't show her skills as a healer.

- Why is Lore of Imladris present in the Mirkwood Pack? I understand the need of healing, but the Woodland Realm was hostile to Thorin, while Rivendell was friendly... I think it should be replaced with an [Elven] event showing Tauriel's skills as a healer. "[1] Event • Regroup. Discard a card from hand to heal a companion once (or twice if you can spot Tauriel)" or so.

- Barrels should have some interaction with river keyword. "Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions (or 1 at a river) to...", or "Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions to discard 2 minions (or 3 minions at a river)". Or "You may exert 2 companions (or any suitable cost you ideate) at a river to play this event from your discard pile"... Or "Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions to discard 2 minions (and make the move limit +1 for this turn if the current site is a river)"... The last one is my favourite.

- Dwarven Axe should give damage +1 at mountain or battleground sites. There's a general lack of damage bonus for those battle-ready dwarves (the strongest FP cuture in respect of damage in LOTR TCG), and there are too many high vitality minions (Smaug, Trolls, mounted Orcs, The Great Goblin, Orkish Marauder...). Or even something like "Skirmish: play a [Dwarven] event or discard a [Dwarven] card from hand to make bearer damage +1".

- I'd add a doubt cost or doubt interaction ("each time a doubt is added, add [1]") for Saruman... Just for flavor. And maybe a -1 strength addition to Radagast if there's enough room, flavor again.

- Is there any instrinsic way to allow Radagast to meet Gandalf or the Company (in other words, make him fight far from home)? He joins Gandalf 5 times: first at the Trollshaw Forest, then at Rhudaur, then at Dol Guldur's entrance, then at Dol Guldur itself, and at last he joins the Battle of the Five Armies. And fights (or deviates) foes in 3 of them... "Maneuver: Exert Radagast twice (or once at a plains or forest) to allow him to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase". The text is too long, maybe it can fit if the move limit addition is removed.

Just thoughts. Hope these are helpful.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:15:05 PM by Durin's Heir »

December 24, 2014, 02:16:11 AM
Reply #5

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #5 on: December 24, 2014, 02:16:11 AM »
Hey Durin's Heir, I took into account most of your advices.

Dain Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Dain Ironfoot : Cost (3). Home 9. Strength 7, Vitality 3. Ally. Dwarf.  Thorin is strength +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard a [Dwarven] follower to discard a minion (except Smaug).
- 2x Iron Hills Army : Cost (3). Ally. Dwarf. Home 9. Strength 9, Vitality 3. Damage +1. Maneuver : If you can spot more minions than companions, exert Iron Hils Army and discard a [Dwarven] follower to make an opponent discard a minion.
- 2x • The Arkenstone
- 2x Mithril Coat : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession • Armor. Bearer must be Bilbo. Each minion skirmishing Bilbo does not gain strength or damage bonuses from weapons. Response: If a skirmish event is played during a skimish involving Bilbo, exert him to cancel that event.
- 2x Thror's Heirlooms Cost (3) [Dwarven] Event. Regroup: Exert a Dwarf companion to play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck or discard pile.

Thrain Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Thrain : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Follower. Dwarf. Strength +1. Aid: Exert Gandalf and add (2). Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, you may play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck
(référence au fait que Gandalf récupère à la base la carte et la clef de Thror auprès de Thrain mourant dans les cachots de Dol Guldur)
- 2x • Thror's Map : cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession. Bearer must be a Dwarf companion. The Shadow's number of sites 7 and 8 is -2. Regroup: If the fellowship is at site 6 or less, exert bearer and add (2) to discard a minion.
- 2x • Thror's Key : cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession. Bearer must be a Dwarf companion. Fellowship: Exert a Dwarf companion to play the fellowship's next site if it is a mountain (replacing opponent's site if necessary).
- 2x • Burglar's Contract : Cost (1). [Shire] Possession. Strength +1. Bearer must be Bilbo. Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may remove a doubt.
- 2x King Under the Mountain [Dwarven] Cost (1). Event. Fellowship: Add a doubt to play a [Dwarven] follower from your draw deck.

- 2x • Thranduil : Cost (4). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 9, Vitality 4. Maneuver: Exert Thorin twice or discard a [Dwarven] possession to allow Thranduil to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x • Tauriel : Cost (2). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 6, Vitality 3. Archer. Maneuver: Exert Tauriel to return an Orc with strength 7 or less to its owner's hand.
- 2x • Legolas : Cost (2). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 6, Vitality 3. Archer. Archery: Spot an Orc and exert Legolas to make the fellowhip archery total +1.
- 2x Elf Army : Cost (3). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 7, Vitality 4. Archer. Maneuver: If you can spot more minions than companions, exert Elf army to allow it to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x Athelas : Cost (1). [Dale] Possession. Bearer must be an Elf. Fellowship: Discard this possession to heal a companion and discard a Shadow condition.

Esgaroth Pack (10 cards) : (New culture Dale, Bard will also change his culture)
- 2x • The Master [Dale]
- 2x • Baïn, Son of Bard : Cost (2). [Dale] Ally. Man. Home 6. Strength 4, Vitality 3. Bard is strength +1. Maneuver: Exert Baïn to allow Bard to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x Iron-Forged Weapon : Cost (2). [Dale] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a Man ally or a Dwarf companion. Skirmish: If bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, discard this possession to wound a minion.
- 2x Esgaroth Army : Cost (3). [Dale] Ally. Man. Home 6. Strength 7, Vitality 4. Archer. Maneuver : Spot Bard an exert Esgaroth Army to allow Esgaroth Army to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x • Emeralds of Girion : Cost (2) [Dwarven] Possession • Support Area. Fellowship: Exert an Elf to heal a Man. Regroup : Exert a Man and discard this possession to play an Elf from your draw deck or discard pile

Wizard Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Radagast
- 2x • Beorn
- 2x • Gwaihir
- 2x Wizard Staff : Cost (2). [Gandalf] Possession • Staff. Strength +1. Bearer must be a Wizard. At the start of each of your turns, you may exert bearer to take a spell from your draw deck into your hand.
- 2x The Eagles Are Coming : [Gandalf] Cost (2). Event. Spell. Skirmish: Spot a Wizard to attach a [Gandalf] follower from your draw deck to a Dwarf companion.

- 2x • Saruman : Cost (4). Ally. Wizard. Home 3. Strength 8, vitality 4. Gandalf is defender +1. Fellowship: Discard a Wizard to play Gandalf from your discard pile.
- 2x • Galadriel : Cost (3). Ally. Elf. Home 3. Strength 3, vitality 3. Gandalf is strength +1. Skirmish: Exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to make a minion strength -X, where X is that card's twilight cost.
- 2x • Narya : Cost (0). Possession • Ring. Vitality +1. Bearer must be Gandalf. Response: If Gandalf is about to be discarded, exert him to prevent that.
- 2x Gathering of the three Great Rings : [Gandalf] Cost (3). Event. Spell. Skirmish : Make X minions strength -X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of the following characters you can spot : Gandalf, Elrond or Galadriel.
- 2x Former Herald : [Gandalf] Cost (2). Event. Maneuver: Spot Gandalf and exert an ally whose home is site 3. Until the regroup phase, that ally is strength +3 and participates in skirmishes.

Bilbo Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x Barrels : Cost (1). [Shire] Event. Regroup: Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions to discard up to 2 minions. If the fellowship is at a river, make the move limit +1 for this turn.
- 2x Old Thrush : Cost (1). [Shire] Follower. Bird. Aid - exert Bilbo. Strength +1. Maneuver : Discard this follower to take in hand a free people card of bearer's culture from your draw deck or discard pile.
- 2x An Acorn from Beorn's house : Cost (1). [Shire] Possession. Bearer must be Bilbo. Regroup : Discard this possession to remove a doubt and discard a Shadow condition.
- 2x Spider's Plague : Cost (1). [Shire] Event. Maneuver: Exert Bilbo twice to add his strength to another companion until the regroup phase.
- 2x Skillful negociator : Cost (2) [Shire] Event. Maneuver: Spot an ally and exert Bilbo to allow this ally to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.

Thank you a lot for your contribution, it was really helpful.

December 24, 2014, 05:54:35 PM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: December 24, 2014, 05:54:35 PM »
You are welcome, my friend.

Those packs look great! The armies are a needed piece to set up a great Battle like this one. There are 3 brute "Strong Army Packs", and 4 smart "Subtle Plot Packs", great balance.

Bilbo's pack is awesome! Barrels rocks! Old Thrush rocks! Acorn is Brace of Coneys and more! Spider's Plage is Merry FtS' skill! Skillful Negotiator is Bilbo's version of OWMWF. Well-balanced powerful cards to give intelligence and versatility to the one and only Hobbit in this story. I would like to see Burglar's Contract in this pack, but it's a strong idea to have some Bilbo support in other packs (Thráin and Dáin at least).
I was designing an event like Spider's Plage but for skirmish phase:

The Courage of Hobbits: [Shire] Cost [2]. Event • Skirmish. If Bilbo is not assigned to skirmish, exert him twice to add his strength to another companion.
It was going to use a picture of Bilbo rushing towards Azog's bodyguard (and saving Thorin) at the Wooded Cliff...

I love the Dain Pack, now it has the feeling of a Host of Dwarven Veterans marching to war! I know I didn't say anything until now, but why does Dain Ironfoot has the same strength as his elder LOTR TCG counterpart? As he's younger he should be a little stronger: Twilight Cost [4], Strength 8, Damage +1, same vitality.
Mithril-Coat looks very powerful, preventing ugly surprises.
I'd make Battle Fury able to be used by Dwarven allies (by replacing "Make a Dwarf companion strength +3..." with "Make a Dwarf strength +3..."), as Dain and the Iron Hills Army will often need a little push against the big monsters under our development...

Thráin and his Pack seem great. Your version is very loyal to the book, and focuses on swift and subtle moves rather than a loud Iron Hills army. He's very different from my version (based on the movie character and plot), in which he reveals what he knows of Sauron's plans...

[3]Thráin, Yearner [Dwarven]. Follower • Dwarf. Strength +2.
Aid - Add [2] and exert Gandalf.
When you transfer Thrain at site 5, you may heal bearer.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to reveal a Shadow player's hand.
"Thráin... Son of Thrór. My old friend!"

There are no Dwarven Axes in either Dain Pack nor Thrain Pack. But that can be solved by including 2x in the FP Events Pack (and changing its name to "FP Pack" or so, of course). Otherwise the Company will still be full of boxing dwarves, and great cards like Thror's Heirlooms, Bilbo Collector of Treasures, Thráin and Thranduil won't have their full potential unleashed...

In respect of Dale culture, that's a good decision as there are some cards that shouldn't mix their game dynamics, and those brave Men and Women deserve more than just being depicted as Gandhi's supporters. But then arises a little problem: A Wizard Is Never Late could play Bard or The Master, or any suitable Lakeman in the time of need, and now it's not possible (remember both Bain and Esgaroth Army depend to be useful on a single card with only one copy: Bard)...
I would change A Wizard Is Never Late a bit to solve this:

[1] A Wizard Is Never Late [Gandalf]. Event • Fellowship. Play a [Gandalf] companion or ally from your draw deck or discard pile (or spot Gandalf to play a Man or Elrond from your draw deck or discard pile).
A bit too long maybe...

Athelas in the Mirkwood Pack may clog your hand waiting to have an Elf in play. In my opinion it should be a Support area possession, requiring to spot an Elf in order to be used: "Spot an Elf and discard this possession to...". Or to exert an Elf instead if it ends up a bit overpowered.

Elf Army is an Archer, but the maneuver skill allows to participate only in skirmishes and not in archery fire. Same happens with Esgaroth Army. And I would change the name of Esgaroth Army to Esgaroth Volunteers or Lake-Town Volunteers (you won't find pictures of a Laketown trained Army anyway, just armed civilians). But the card texts are great!

That Galadriel looks very powerful. She might discard Smaug to overwhelm Smaug (and later play Smaug from discard with site 8 or Troll Campfire). Should she have a limit? "... Exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to make a minion strength -X, where X is that card's twilight cost (limit -8? if that minion is not skirmishing Galadriel or a Wizard)"...

There are some little wording problems:
- Skillful Negotiator: "Spot an ally and exert Bilbo to allow that ally..."
- Thrór's Map: "Regroup: If the fellowship is at site 6 or lower..."

That's all by now. I would like to see a "Thorin Pack", with Dwarven weapons and the Oakenshield, the Mithril Coat (instead of having it in Dain's Pack) and some tales or fortifications...
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:15:49 PM by Durin's Heir »

December 26, 2014, 01:11:41 AM
Reply #7

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #7 on: December 26, 2014, 01:11:41 AM »
Yes, we can put the Bilbo's Contract in the Bilbo pack (more thematic) but we have to replace it by something else ?

I'd make Battle Fury able to be used by Dwarven allies (by replacing "Make a Dwarf companion strength +3..." with "Make a Dwarf strength +3..."), as Dain and the Iron Hills Army will often need a little push against the big monsters under our development...

The problem with Battle Fury "Make a Dwarf strength +3..." is that you can boost a [Dwarven] follower.
I will not change Battle Fury, it's more clear now than "Make a Dwarf companion or Dwarven ally strength +3."

Thráin and his Pack seem great. Your version is very loyal to the book, and focuses on swift and subtle moves rather than a loud Iron Hills army. He's very different from my version (based on the movie character and plot), in which he reveals what he knows of Sauron's plans...

[3]Thráin, Yearner [Dwarven]. Follower • Dwarf. Strength +2.
Aid - Add [2] and exert Gandalf.
When you transfer Thrain at site 5, you may heal bearer.
Maneuver: Exert bearer to reveal a Shadow player's hand.
"Thráin... Son of Thrór. My old friend!"

I'm not a fan of looking at the opponent's hand. It allows easy double moves.

There are no Dwarven Axes in either Dain Pack nor Thrain Pack. But that can be solved by including 2x in the FP Events Pack (and changing its name to "FP Pack" or so, of course). Otherwise the Company will still be full of boxing dwarves, and great cards like Thror's Heirlooms, Bilbo Collector of Treasures, Thráin and Thranduil won't have their full potential unleashed...

That's all by now. I would like to see a "Thorin Pack", with Dwarven weapons and the Oakenshield, the Mithril Coat (instead of having it in Dain's Pack) and some tales or fortifications...

All [Dwarven] possessions in the current game are more artifacts than possessions (I haven't a High Definition templates for Artifact :().
Thranduil needs "treasure" possessions to fight and not only a simple Dwarven Axe.
Maybe we can a "treasure" keyword for some [Dwarven] possession ?
It's more coherent to have a fix pack (FP events pack) with only events (easier for the beginners).
Ok for a Thorin pack with these Axes. We can replace the Mithril Coat (and the Arkenstone ?) in the Dain's pack by some fortifications or put also some axes in this pack.

In respect of Dale culture, that's a good decision as there are some cards that shouldn't mix their game dynamics, and those brave Men and Women deserve more than just being depicted as Gandhi's supporters. But then arises a little problem: A Wizard Is Never Late could play Bard or The Master, or any suitable Lakeman in the time of need, and now it's not possible (remember both Bain and Esgaroth Army depend to be useful on a single card with only one copy: Bard)...
I would change A Wizard Is Never Late a bit to solve this:

[1] A Wizard Is Never Late [Gandalf]. Event • Fellowship. Play a [Gandalf] companion or ally from your draw deck or discard pile (or spot Gandalf to play a Man or Elrond from your draw deck or discard pile).
A bit too long maybe...

This new event allows to search a lot of different companions and allies:

A Wizard Is Never Late. Event • Fellowship. Play a companion or ally (except a Dwarf) from your draw deck or discard pile.

Athelas in the Mirkwood Pack may clog your hand waiting to have an Elf in play. In my opinion it should be a Support area possession, requiring to spot an Elf in order to be used: "Spot an Elf and discard this possession to...". Or to exert an Elf instead if it ends up a bit overpowered.

- Ok for the Athelas, as a support area possession.
- I also have to change the Elf Army and Esgaroth Volunteers.
- I will change the wording problem.

That Galadriel looks very powerful. She might discard Smaug to overwhelm Smaug (and later play Smaug from discard with site 8 or Troll Campfire). Should she have a limit? "... Exert Galadriel twice and discard a card from hand to make a minion strength -X, where X is that card's twilight cost (limit -8? if that minion is not skirimishing Galadriel or a Wizard)"...

Galadriel can't heal so it's only a one-shot ability. Or maybe more a power like Galadriel 6R ?
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel and discard a Shadow card from hand to make a minion skirmishing strength -3 (or -6 if Galadriel is skirmishing this minion).

Thank you a lot for all your helpful ideas.
« Last Edit: December 26, 2014, 04:29:59 AM by -Enola- »

December 26, 2014, 06:20:46 AM
Reply #8

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #8 on: December 26, 2014, 06:20:46 AM »
The problem with Battle Fury "Make a Dwarf strength +3..." is that you can boost a [Dwarven] follower.
I will not change Battle Fury, it's more clear now than "Make a Dwarf companion or Dwarven ally strength +3."

What about "Make a Dwarf character strength +3..."? Or even shorter, "Make a [Dwarven] character strength +3..."

Followers aren't characters, thus "Free Peoples character" is a another term for "companion or ally". "Character" is the short term if the card means to play a card by the FP player (as FP player can't play Shadow cards, and the reciprocal); or if specifies a race or culture which belongs to only the FP side (Dwarf character, [Gondor] or [Gandalf] character...).

Anyway, I don't think you can really pump a follower, as they don't have 'strength' but 'strength bonus'. Decipher made no rule, and there was no problem as followers didn't have race (and aren't characters). By the way, Decipher's rules about followers are quite unclear. From the Hunters Starter Rulebook:

http://lotrtcgwiki.com/wiki/follower
- "Each follower has the keyword "Aid" (see below) which you can use to transfer that follower to one of your companions." Then came Saruman, SoS (the only Shadow follower), which specifies in his aid cost (inside italized parenthesis) he must be transferred to minions.
- "Followers can't bear other cards, including possessions or conditions." Then came Whisper in the Dark... "Bearer must be a follower". #-o

Given that lack of clear rules, my points here are 3:

1.- Race is a great addition to followers (see Smaug's twilight reduction), so don't ever think about removing it to solve small problems. Solve them with the remaining 2 points:
2.- To prevent confusion with characters and followers, a card meant to enhance a character of a given race (make a Dwarf strength +3) should specify the word character, ally or companion, to deny its confused use with followers of the same race.
3.- Followers specificating possible bearers ("Bearer must be X") shouldn't use the gereal rule of "only to companions".

All that is important to clarify if this game is ever meant to be played in GEMP (which would make me happy!).

I'm not a fan of looking at the opponent's hand. It allows easy double moves.

My version of Thráin is pretty costly. It requires to exert Gandalf and add [2] to transfer, and then exert bearer to reveal a hand. Nevermind, your version is much better and there's no room to unify them. :up:
But he was such a great fighter. Maybe your version should give strength +2.

All [Dwarven] possessions in the current game are more artifacts than possessions (I haven't a High Definition templates for Artifact :().
Thranduil needs "treasure" possessions to fight and not only a simple Dwarven Axe.
Maybe we can a "treasure" keyword for some [Dwarven] possession ?
It's more coherent to have a fix pack (FP events pack) with only events (easier for the beginners).
Ok for a Thorin pack with these Axes. We can replace the Mithril Coat (and the Arkenstone ?) in the Dain's pack by some fortifications.

Treasure unloaded keyword is the answer! Otherwise Thrór's Key or Thrór's Map might be discarded to make him fight, or things like Dwarven Axe and [Dwarven] fortifications.

Cards that should be a treasure, in absense of the Artifact templates:
- Mithril Coat
- Orcrist
- Sting
- Glamdring
- The Arkenstone
- Emeralds of Girion
- Narya
- The One Ring

Then Thranduil should specify [Dwarven] treasures.
Trolls and Smaug might be happy with that keyword ;). It will facilitate so much many cards for Smaug. Smaug might even have shadow support area treasure possessions, like Thór's Hoard or so, to cause or harvest doubts or wounds on Thorin... :up:

[?] •Thrór's Hoard [No Culture]
Treasure. Each time you play Smaug, you exert him to exert Thorin.
At the end of each turn, if the fellowship didn't move in the regroup phase (and the move limit is more than 1) exert Thorin.

Ok for the "FP Events Pack" to remain as it is. Yes, the Thorin Pack should have The Arkenstone, Mithril Coat, Dwarven Axe, maybe the Oakenshield and 1 or 2 fortifications.

My idea of a Thorin Pack:

- 2x •Mithril Coat
- 2x  Dwarven Axe
- 2x •The Arkenstone
- 2x •The Ancient Forges [Dwarven] fortification.
- 2x •Oakenshield, or Battle Fury. Or another fortification.

[3] •The Ancient Forges [Dwarven].
Possession • Support Area.
Fortification. At site 8, a Dwarf skirmishing bearer is damage +2, and strength +1 for each wounded Dwarf you can spot.
Skiimish: Exert 2 Dwarf companions and discard 2 cards from hand to transfer this condition to a minion.

[1] •Oakenshield [Dwarven]
Strength +1
Possession • Shield/Bracers
Bearer must be Thorin. Each minion skirmishing Thorin does not gain strength bonuses from weapons.
Skirmish: Play a skirmish event or exert Thorin to make him strength +1.
"...he hewed off with his axe a branch of an oak and held it in his left hand to ward off the strokes of his foes, or to wield as a club."

No archery protection at all. Just a close fighting shield... a very good one. Negates opponent's weapons like Shield of Boromir, while providing good offensive maneuverability with moderate benefits and costs.

The Dain Pack should have Roäc, not fortifications... this is my notion:

2x •Dain Ironfoot
2x Iron Hills Army
2x Thror's Heirlooms
2x •Roäc
2x Dwarven Spear, or Battle Fury

[1]Roäc, Son of Carc [Dwarven]
Follower • Bird
Strength +1
Aid - Exert Thorin.
Maneuver: Discard Roäc to either play a [Dwarven] ally from your draw deck, or to allow a [Dwarven] ally to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.

[1] Dwarven Spear [Dwarven]
Possession • Hand Weapon
Bearer must be a Dwarf character.
While at a battleground or skirmishing a mounted minion, bearer is damage +1.
For the picture, Bifur's boar spear should be enough...

That way, 3 Packs would provide much-needed weapons: Thorin's, Dain's and Esgaroth's.

This new event allows to search a lot of different companions and allies:

A Wizard Is Never Late. Event • Fellowship. Play a companion or ally (except a Dwarf) from your draw deck or discard pile.

I think it's well-directioned, but losses a bit the focus on Wizards. This is what I mean:

A Wizard Is Never Late. Event • Fellowship. Play a Wizard from your draw deck or discard pile, or spot a Wizard to play a non-Dwarf character from your draw deck or discard pile.

As said above, "Character" is a short term for "companion or ally" as far as refers to playing a card by the FP player.

- Ok for the Athelas, as a support area possession.
- I also have to change the Elf Army and Esgaroth Volunteers.
- I will change the wording problem.

:up: ;)

Galadriel can't heal so it's only a one-shot ability. Or maybe more a power like Galadriel 6R ?
Skirmish: Exert Galadriel and discard a Shadow card from hand to make a minion skirmishing strength -3 (or -6 if Galadriel is skirmishing this minion).

Galadriel won't skirmish often, and in most cases will have only one vitality point to exert.
"(or -6 if Galadriel or a Wizard is skirmishing that minion)"

Thank you a lot for all your helpful ideas.

You are welcome my friend. It's a pleasure to work with you in this project.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:18:02 PM by Durin's Heir »

December 27, 2014, 04:28:01 AM
Reply #9

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #9 on: December 27, 2014, 04:28:01 AM »
I propose this with all your suggestions. Tell me if this seems correct.

Next updates (probably in January)

There will be now 13 cards per booster pack instead of only 12 cards.
http://hobbitdraftgame.free.fr/Rules.html
There will be 8 cards in the Site pack and 20 cards in the FP events pack (2x each event). And each FP packs will have 10 cards. So for 4 players the Booster deck will have a total of cards: 156 cards=13x4x3 (4 players and 3 boosters packs per player)
- 2x Sites pack (2x8 cards).
- 2x different random Free Peoples packs (2x10 cards).
- 2x Free Peoples events Pack (2x20 cards).
- 1x Swarm pack (40 cards).
- 1x Beatdown pack (40 cards).
So we need two new sites. I want to make all sites in the Sites pack better for the Shadow player (except site 1), so during the draft session, sites will be more attractive with Watchful Orc. So I also propose to replace the Lake-Town site.

Site 6: Lake Town
Shadow number : 3
River. Sanctuary. The twilight cost of the first Orc played at Lake-Town each turn is -2.

Site 2: Trollshaw Forest
Forest. At the start of the maneuver phase, each player may play a hand weapon from his or her draw deck.

Site 9: Ravenhill
Shadow number : 8
Mountain. Battleground. Maneuver: Remove your minion from the game to play a minion from your discard pile. Its twilight cost is -2.

In the main deck : Site 6: Esgaroth
River. Sanctuary. At the start of the regroup phase, you may play a [Dale] or [Dwarven] ally from your draw deck.

In the main deck : Site 2: Trollshaw Forest -> Troll's Cave

Bard
Change culture for Dale.

A Wizard Is Never Late
Play a Wizard from your draw deck or discard pile, or spot a Wizard to play a non-[Dwarven] character from your draw deck or discard pile.

Battle Fury
Make a Dwarf character strength +3 (or +4 if he bears a [Dwarven] follower).

Cards that should be a treasure or artifact (if I can get a High def templates):
- Mithril Coat
- Orcrist
- Sting
- Glamdring
- The Arkenstone
- Emeralds of Girion
- Narya
- The One Ring

Dain Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Dain Ironfoot : Cost (3). Home 9. Strength 7, Vitality 3. Ally. Dwarf.  Thorin is strength +1. At the start of the regroup phase, you may discard a [Dwarven] follower to discard a minion (except Smaug).
- 2x Iron Hills Army : Cost (3). Ally. Dwarf. Home 9. Strength 9, Vitality 3. Damage +1. Maneuver : If you can spot more minions than companions, exert Iron Hils Army and discard a [Dwarven] follower to make an opponent discard a minion.
- 2x • Roäc, Son of Carc : cost (1). [Dwarven] Follower. Bird. Strength +1. Aid - Exert Thorin. Maneuver: Discard Roäc to either play a [Dwarven] ally from your draw deck, or to allow a [Dwarven] ally to participate in skirimishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x Dwarven Spear : Cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a [Dwarven] character. While bearer is skirmishing a mounted minion, bearer is strength +1.
- 2x King Under the Mountain : [Dwarven] Cost (1). Event. Fellowship: Add a doubt to play a [Dwarven] follower from your draw deck.

Thorin Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x Mithril Coat : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession • Armor. Bearer must be Bilbo. Each minion skirmishing Bilbo does not gain strength or damage bonuses from weapons. Response: If a skirmish event is played during a a skimish involving Bilbo, exert him to cancel that event.
- 2x Dwarven Axe : Cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a [Dwarven] character. While bearer is at a mountain site, he is damage +1.
- 2x • Arkenstone
- 2x • Great Barricade : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession • Support Area. Fortification. To play, exert a [Dwarven] companion. At sites 7 and 8, each minion skirmishing a Dwarf companion is strength -2.
- 2x • Oakenshield : Cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession • Bracers. Strength +1. Bearer must be Thorin. Each minion skirmishing Thorin does not gain strength bonuses from weapons. Response: If Thorin is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.

Thrain Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Thrain : Cost (2). [Dwarven] Follower. Dwarf. Strength +1. Aid - Exert Gandalf and add (2). Response: If bearer wins a skirmish, you may play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck
- 2x • Thror's Map : cost (2). [Dwarven] Possession. Bearer must be a Dwarf companion. The Shadow's number of sites 7 and 8 is -2. Regroup: If the fellowship is at site 6 or lower, exert bearer and add (2) to discard a minion.
- 2x • Thror's Key : cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession. Bearer must be a Dwarf companion. Fellowship: Exert a Dwarf companion to play the fellowship's next site if it is a mountain (replacing opponent's site if necessary).
- 2x • Burglar's Contract : Cost (1). [Shire] Possession. Strength +1. Bearer must be Bilbo. Each time Bilbo wins a skirmish, you may remove a doubt.
- 2x Thror's Heirlooms : Cost (3) [Dwarven] Event. Regroup: Exert a Dwarf companion to play a [Dwarven] possession from your draw deck or discard pile.

- 2x • Thranduil : Cost (4). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 9, Vitality 4. Maneuver: Exert Thorin twice or discard a [Dwarven] Treasure possession to allow Thranduil to participate in skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x • Tauriel : Cost (2). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 6, Vitality 3. Archer. Maneuver: Exert Tauriel to return an Orc with strength 7 or less to its owner's hand.
- 2x Elf Army : Cost (3). Ally. Elf. Home 5. Strength 7, Vitality 4. Archer. Maneuver: If you can spot more minions than companions, exert Elf army to allow it to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x Athelas : Cost (1). [Dale] Possession • Support Area. Fellowship: Spot an Elf and discard this possession to heal a companion and discard a Shadow condition.

Esgaroth Pack (10 cards) : (New culture Dale, Bard will also change his culture)
- 2x • The Master [Dale]
- 2x • Baïn, Son of Bard : Cost (2). [Dale] Ally. Man. Home 6. Strength 4, Vitality 3. Bard is strength +1. Maneuver: Exert Baïn to allow Bard to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x Iron-Forged Weapon : Cost (2). [Dale] Possession • Hand Weapon. Strength +2. Bearer must be a Man ally or a Dwarf companion. Skirmish: If bearer is not assigned to a skirmish, discard this possession to wound a minion.
- 2x Esgaroth Volunteers : Cost (3). [Dale] Ally. Man. Home 6. Strength 7, Vitality 4. Archer. Maneuver : Spot Bard an exert Esgaroth Army to allow Esgaroth Army to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
- 2x • Emeralds of Girion : Cost (2) [Dwarven] Possession • Support Area. Fellowship: Exert an Elf to heal a Man. Regroup : Exert a Man and discard this possession to play an Elf from your draw deck or discard pile

Wizard Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x • Radagast
- 2x • Beorn
- 2x • Gwaihir
- 2x Wizard Staff : Cost (2). [Gandalf] Possession • Staff. Strength +1. Bearer must be a Wizard. At the start of each of your turns, you may exert bearer to take a spell from your draw deck into your hand.
- 2x The Eagles Are Coming : [Gandalf] Cost (2). Event. Spell. Skirmish: Spot a Wizard to attach a [Gandalf] follower from your draw deck to a Dwarf companion.

- 2x • Saruman : Cost (4). Ally. Wizard. Home 3. Strength 8, vitality 4. Gandalf is defender +1. Fellowship: Discard a Wizard to play Gandalf from your discard pile.
- 2x • Galadriel : Cost (3). Ally. Elf. Home 3. Strength 3, vitality 3. Gandalf is strength +1. Skirmish: Exert Galadriel and discard a Shadow card from hand to make a minion skirmishing strength -3 (or -6 if Galadriel or a Wizard is skirmishing that minion).
- 2x • Narya : Cost (0). Possession • Ring. Vitality +1. Bearer must be Gandalf. Response: If Gandalf is about to be discarded, exert him to prevent that.
- 2x Gathering of the three Great Rings : [Gandalf] Cost (3). Event. Spell. Skirmish : Make X minions strength -X until the regroup phase, where X is the number of the following characters you can spot : Gandalf, Elrond or Galadriel.
- 2x Former Herald : [Gandalf] Cost (2). Event. Maneuver: Spot Gandalf and exert an ally whose home is site 3. Until the regroup phase, that ally is strength +3 and participates in skirmishes.

Bilbo Pack (10 cards) :
- 2x Old Thrush : Cost (1). [Shire] Follower. Bird. Aid - exert Bilbo. Strength +1. Maneuver: Discard this follower to take in hand a Free Peoples card of bearer's culture from your draw deck or discard pile.
- 2x  Dwarven Pony : Cost (1). [Dwarven] Possession • Mount. Skirmish: Add a doubt and exert Bilbo to add his strength to another companion (limit once per skirmish).
- 2x An Acorn from Beorn's house : Cost (1). [Shire] Possession. Bearer must be Bilbo. Regroup: Discard this possession to remove a doubt and discard a Shadow condition.
- 2x Barrels : Cost (1). [Shire] Event. Regroup: Exert 2 [Dwarven] companions to discard up to 2 minions (except Smaug) and draw 3 cards. If the fellowship is at a river, make the move limit +1 for this turn.
- 2x Skillful negociator : Cost (2) [Shire] Event. Maneuver: Spot an ally and exert Bilbo to allow that ally to participate in archery fire and skirmishes until the regroup phase.
« Last Edit: December 27, 2014, 03:38:08 PM by -Enola- »

December 27, 2014, 11:03:34 AM
Reply #10

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #10 on: December 27, 2014, 11:03:34 AM »
You can also see the New Bard and The Master with the new Dale template.

December 27, 2014, 11:36:07 AM
Reply #11

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #11 on: December 27, 2014, 11:36:07 AM »
There will be now 13 cards per booster pack instead of only 12 cards.

13 cards per booster... a Company of 13 dwarves. Great flavour addition!

I want to make all sites in the Sites pack better for the Shadow player (except site 1), so during the draft session, sites will be more attractive with Watchful Orc. So I also propose to replace the Lake-Town site.

Well thought! Watchful Orc will turn the sitepath very important, and vs. Thrór's Key there will be a great struggle to get the best from sites. Those changes to sites seem ok, as the fellowship is quite stronger than in FOTR and the shadow player will need to strike hard and soon.

So we need two new sites.

Actually we need 3 new sites (as Bilbo's Kitchen gets withdrawn from the 6-cards booster): 2, 8 and 9. Booster site for 9 is Ravenhill, and you mentioned Troll's Cave as the fixed site. Then 2 questions remain...

1. What does Troll's Cave do? It's a new site and you didn't post its gametext.

If it remains open, all I know is it should be both a forest and an underground; might instead be Great East Road (forest, plains), with a different text than the one previously proposed (Maneuver: Play Burglar's Contract from draw deck).

2. Will The Forges of Erebor be the booster site 8? That site is meant to help both sides: heals the fellowship while adds enormous twilight (and plays Smaug). It would be like Trollshaw Forest, except with more fire and wrath...

Besides that, I want to propose a new site 4, because Great Goblin's Cavern doesn't really convince: if the FP player has 6 companions, only 2 archery wounds will shot Gandalf, who will get discarded in next move. So here it is:

Site 4: Front Porch
Shadow Number: 4
Mountain. Underground. Shadow: Play an Orc or a weapon to draw a card.

Swarm is the goal here. And here's another idea:

Site 4: Wooded Steep Cliff
Shadow Number 3
Mountain. Forest. Each Orc or Warg minion at Wooded Steep Cliff is strength +1 and twilight cost -1.

Another option may be to lower the companion requirement for Great Goblin's Cavern to 4, just as Anduin Banks.

Cards that should be a treasure or artifact (if I can get a High def templates):

Artifact and Treasure shouldn't be exactly the same: if Gandalf's Staff is included (and you get the missing templates), it will be an example of a non-treasure artifact. Hoards (Thror's, Smaug's...) should be the opposite: treasure possessions.

Thranduil should specify [Dwarven] treasures, no matter if it is a possession or an artifact.

Dain Pack (10 cards) :

I love the way Thror's Heirlooms and King Under the Mountain got interchanged, now each can support much better the dynamics of the pack.

King Under the Mountain can play Roäc, then Roäc play an ally; cost: [2], a doubt and an exertion on Thorin. Then replay Roäc next turn with To Me! O My Kinsfolk!, or with Balin + King Under the Mountain again! :up:

The Dwarven Spear looks good, but only +1 base strength seems too little for its cost. Either should cost (0), or should give +2 base strength, +1 when facing a mounted minion. Rememeber it is dwarven smithcraft.

Thorin Pack (10 cards) :

I like the protection the Oaken-Shield gives, but it lacks the Shield part. It should deny the strength of enemies' weapons, just like Shield of Boromir, or else will be a mere Dwarven Bracer. And should be both shield and bracers, like Elven Armaments. Other than that, :up:.

[1] •Oakenshield [Dwarven]
Possession • Shield/Bracers.
Strength +1.
Bearer must be Thorin. Minions skirmishing Thorin don't gain strength bonuses from weapons.
Response: If Thorin is about to take a wound, discard this possession to prevent that wound.
"... he hewed off with his axe a branch of an oak and held it in his left hand to ward off the strokes of his foes."

The inclusion of The Huge Door of Erebor is a good idea, but a very different idea than the Ancient Forges. The Forges were meant as a trap to ambush and kill the beast, while the Huge Door is a barricade for protection of the Company alone. And I'd change its name to Great Barricade or so:

[2] •Great Barricade [Dwarven]
Possession • Support Area.
Fortification. To play, exert 2 [Dwarven] companions.
At sites 7 and 8, each minion is fierce and no more than one minion may be assigned to skirmish a companion.
Fellowship: Discard a [Dwarven] fortification to draw a card.

One-to-one skirmishes, and each remaining minion waiting for its turn to get into the fight (fierce). Like Caras Galadhon but for only companions, leaving participating allies prone to be overwhelmed. At site 9 each fortification is destroyed or abandoned for a suicidal dive into the enemy host, so shouldn't be effective at site 9.

Take into account fortifications must specify site numbers and not site keywords like mountain. There's a chance that some other sites than 7 or 8 will be mountains, like Ravenhill at 9 or the Wooded Steep Cliff at 4.

- 2x • Emeralds of Girion : Cost (2) [Dwarven] Possession • Support Area. Fellowship: Exert an Elf to heal a Man. Regroup: Exert a Man and discard this possession to play an Elf from your draw deck or discard pile.

The Emeralds of Girion can turn Elrond into a healing machine of Dale men. And those men would support the company by exerting themselves. The axis of that support would be Bard (+ Bain, + Esgaroth Volunteers) and the Master (cycling and being healed by Elrond and Bard). :up:

Balin can recycle spells back into the draw deck.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 08:18:37 PM by Durin's Heir »

December 27, 2014, 11:52:28 AM
Reply #12

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #12 on: December 27, 2014, 11:52:28 AM »
The Dale symbol looks good! I would like to see a different color for the template, as Gondor means "Land of Stone" and that's exactly what the Gondor templates evoque.

Dale is portrayed as a Renaissance city, with much more markets and goods, with living colors. Esgaroth is darker and murkier, but even so it looks warmer than the cold stones and the grim people of Minas Tirith, with the fire of torches lighting everything in the dark hours.

It should have a warmer color in my opinion, dim yellow or pale dim orange. Like the torches behind Bard. Besides that, it looks great.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2015, 10:09:08 AM by Durin's Heir »

December 27, 2014, 12:11:38 PM
Reply #13

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #13 on: December 27, 2014, 12:11:38 PM »
I will keep a site 1 in the Site pack. I need 8 different sites for 8 different number. The site 8, as the site 5 in FOTR, seems untouchable. I want general abilities for most of them, so they will be very attractive.

I'm not sure starting the Shadow archery at 4 companions is a good idea, Anduin Banks is at the end of the site path not Goblin's Cavern. If there isn't many companions, the site 5 could be really hard.

For Treasure, it depends on a good Artifact blank template :(.

I change in the previous post the cards with your ideas, except for the Great Barricade I change a bit.

December 27, 2014, 12:21:03 PM
Reply #14

-Enola-

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
« Reply #14 on: December 27, 2014, 12:21:03 PM »
Here is a new Dale template.