LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Fellowship Block Format Gemp Players List  (Read 11159 times)

January 16, 2015, 10:44:04 AM
Read 11159 times

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
Fellowship Block Format Gemp Players List
« on: January 16, 2015, 10:44:04 AM »
Here is a rapidly growing list of regular Fellowship Block format players on Gemp, as well as the various deck strategies they sometimes play with!

A * denotes a deck used in a League or Tournament (i.e. somebody's serious tournament deck).

ETA: I'll give 1 gold to the first post that each Fellowship player makes in this thread with their gemp name, and a deck they use!

Names are in alphabetical order (with their TLHH name, if different, in parentheses):

1isv9
-Grey Pilgrim/Twilight Nazgul
airat009
-Dwarf Tanks/Fierce Nazgul
bojanovac
-Gondor Choke/Sauron Wounding
Legion
--Pipeweed/Moria Archery*
Lurtz-85
-Batman and Robin/Isengard Orcs
moria_god
-Archery/Fierce Nazgul*
mrschrod
-Dwarf Tanks/Fierce Nazgul
-Archery/Goblin Armory
sgposter
-Archery/Goblin Armory*
sgtdraino
-Tank Arwen/Uruk-hai

Total Players: 9
Updated Through: 1/16/2015
« Last Edit: January 16, 2015, 04:28:32 PM by sgtdraino »
"I would have followed you, my brother... my captain... my king." - Boromir

January 16, 2015, 12:30:37 PM
Reply #1

Legion

• Information Offline
  • Horseman
Re: Fellowship Block Format Gemp Players List
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2015, 12:30:37 PM »
Legion:
-Pipeweed/Moria Archery*

I have a few other decks (like 10) that I play less frequently.  I'll use the Breeding Pit Bomb more when No Business of Ours gets fixed, and I play the discard deck when I'm annoyed and want to take it out on someone.  Sorry if that's you :)

January 16, 2015, 04:28:50 PM
Reply #2

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2015, 04:28:50 PM »
Added! Gold for you!

January 17, 2015, 04:51:25 AM
Reply #3

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2015, 04:51:25 AM »
Batman and Robin??? What?

January 17, 2015, 09:03:52 AM
Reply #4

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2015, 09:03:52 AM »
Batman and Robin??? What?

lol. That's what I call a Fellowship that starts Boromir with Merry, Friend to Sam.

January 19, 2015, 06:35:50 PM
Reply #5

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2015, 06:35:50 PM »
Rainbow Fellowship and Uruks for me. The uruks are more centered around just capitalizing on Saruman, so I named the deck "Saruman is a douche bag"

January 19, 2015, 09:31:18 PM
Reply #6

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2015, 09:31:18 PM »
DurinsHeir. "Double-Edged Dwarven Axes"*: Dwarves + Gandalf / Moria Beatdown

The deck consists of conditionless Dwarves + Gandalf as the FP, with Moria Axe beatdown on the Shadow side. That is the deck I told you about, which often kills the Balrog or the Cave Troll and moves on. The fellowship draws like there's no tomorrow, sweeps conditions and removes some wounds and burdens too. The shadow is very tough and stops often, and like any Moria build cycles and sometimes swarms too.

I use this one in leagues. Here's the decklist:
http://lotrtcgwiki.com/forums/index.php/topic,9055.0.html
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

January 20, 2015, 10:41:24 AM
Reply #7

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2015, 10:41:24 AM »
Rainbow Fellowship and Uruks for me. The uruks are more centered around just capitalizing on Saruman, so I named the deck "Saruman is a douche bag"

I'm curious, does anybody think that any of the Fellowship Uruk-hai builds are different enough to rate a separate strategy listing? I feel like, generally speaking, all the Uruk-hai builds I encounter are more-or-less the same.

dmaz, can you give me some more details on what "Rainbow Fellowship" is? I'm trying to figure out whether it should go under one of the strategies I've already listed, or needs to be its own thing. It seems to me that almost all of the Fellowships in Fellowship Block are, to one degree or another, "Rainbow Fellowships." What's the strategy behind your FP side? Who do you start, and what is your plan during the game?

DurinsHeir. "Double-Edged Dwarven Axes"*: Dwarves + Gandalf / Moria Beatdown

The deck consists of conditionless Dwarves + Gandalf as the FP, with Moria Axe beatdown on the Shadow side. That is the deck I told you about, which often kills the Balrog or the Cave Troll and moves on.

This sounds like it would fall under what I've labeled as "Dwarf Tanks," other than the fact that you don't use conditions/tales. Do you think it merits a separate listing? Is it different enough from standard Dwarf Tanks?

Do you think the Shadow Side is different enough from a typical Goblin Armory deck to be listed separately? Perhaps a strategy called "Moria Tanks?"

January 20, 2015, 04:33:14 PM
Reply #8

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2015, 04:33:14 PM »
It's quite different from the usual Dwarf Tanks builds: doesn't rely on tales, Glóin, Lord of Moria or Dwarven Endurance. Or discarding. Instead, has an amazingly strong condition control and removes burdens with Gandalf. While still kicking some skulls. "Dwarf Tanks + Gandalf Condition Control" seems a better name for the FP side.

The Shadow side is quite different too from usual Moria builds: this one relies on 3x Moria Axe to give damage +1 and strength to Goblins with vitality 3: Flankers, Patrol Troop and Troll's Keyward. And the Keyward allows the Troll to join the party... Still has the cycling and twilight adding potential of the usual Moria builds, centered around Goblin Armory and 4x Scimitar. "Moria Tanks" is indeed a very good name, though I call it "Moria Axe Beatdown". The choice is yours anyway.

The link is added in order to allow anyone interested to see in detail what's the idea.
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

January 20, 2015, 05:23:18 PM
Reply #9

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2015, 05:23:18 PM »
I'm curious, does anybody think that any of the Fellowship Uruk-hai builds are different enough to rate a separate strategy listing? I feel like, generally speaking, all the Uruk-hai builds I encounter are more-or-less the same.

dmaz, can you give me some more details on what "Rainbow Fellowship" is? I'm trying to figure out whether it should go under one of the strategies I've already listed, or needs to be its own thing. It seems to me that almost all of the Fellowships in Fellowship Block are, to one degree or another, "Rainbow Fellowships." What's the strategy behind your FP side? Who do you start, and what is your plan during the game?

Yeah I see what you mean about many fellowships being "rainbow". When you simply splash Gandalf, FttSF it's easy to also splash Gimli as well. I don't really know exactly what you could call the FP. It definitely has Aragorn Tank (not so much Boromir. Just have 1 copy of the good one for archery absorption and healing each turn), and Elf allies. The deck is lean (62 cards), and the only condition control is 4 SS. It's probably best considered a LA deck.

For the shadow, my deck is different from most other Uruk decks I've seen as it doesn't run any copies of Lurtz and I play x4 Uruk Ravager (I usually see 2 or 3 at most). It's basically cheap uruks to just try to get enough down to pick off companions. Straight beatdown).

January 20, 2015, 05:51:40 PM
Reply #10

sgtdraino

• Information Offline
  • Knight
  • Ranger of Ecthelion
    • Facebook
« Reply #10 on: January 20, 2015, 05:51:40 PM »
It's quite different from the usual Dwarf Tanks builds:

<snip>

The Shadow side is quite different too from usual Moria builds:

You've convinced me, I'll list them both as separate new strategies!

I don't really know exactly what you could call the FP. It definitely has Aragorn Tank (not so much Boromir. Just have 1 copy of the good one for archery absorption and healing each turn), and Elf allies.

Well, again, describe to me how the FP side of the deck should run in a perfect game. What characters do you start with, and how do you anticipate your fellowship evolving during the game? Are certain characters more expendable than others? Are you more heavily invested in certain characters versus others?

The deck is lean (62 cards), and the only condition control is 4 SS. It's probably best considered a LA deck.

SS? LA?

For the shadow, my deck is different from most other Uruk decks I've seen as it doesn't run any copies of Lurtz and I play x4 Uruk Ravager (I usually see 2 or 3 at most). It's basically cheap uruks to just try to get enough down to pick off companions. Straight beatdown).

No Lurtz is kind of interesting, but I feel like I see Uruk Ravager in almost every Uruk deck. My own Uruk Deck runs 4x Uruk Raider and tries to kill off at least one Ally, which I feel is different from what I see most of the time... but I'm still not sure my deck is different enough to warrant a separate listing. Your thoughts?

January 20, 2015, 07:31:51 PM
Reply #11

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #11 on: January 20, 2015, 07:31:51 PM »
You've convinced me, I'll list them both as separate new strategies!
Durin's folk will always be grateful with you and your descendants, for upholding the name of Dwarves!

SS? LA?

SS stands for Secret Sentinels, while LA is Last Alliance.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2015, 07:37:50 PM by Durin's Heir »

January 30, 2015, 05:34:34 AM
Reply #12

dmaz

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Global Mod
« Reply #12 on: January 30, 2015, 05:34:34 AM »
I don't really know exactly what you could call the FP. It definitely has Aragorn Tank (not so much Boromir. Just have 1 copy of the good one for archery absorption and healing each turn), and Elf allies.

Well, again, describe to me how the FP side of the deck should run in a perfect game. What characters do you start with, and how do you anticipate your fellowship evolving during the game? Are certain characters more expendable than others? Are you more heavily invested in certain characters versus others?

No Lurtz is kind of interesting, but I feel like I see Uruk Ravager in almost every Uruk deck. My own Uruk Deck runs 4x Uruk Raider and tries to kill off at least one Ally, which I feel is different from what I see most of the time... but I'm still not sure my deck is different enough to warrant a separate listing. Your thoughts?

Yes, I suppose the Shadow could just be considered Uruk beatdown.

For the FP: an ideal game would be to get Galadriel out at site 1, and Sting on Frodo. These two are more important than any of Aragorn's toys, though you usually have something for Aragorn to start with (there's x2 Ranger's Sword, x2 Brand, x2 LA, x2 Armor, Bow and Saga). The only ally I have 2 of is Lady of Light. The other are the three best archers and set 3 Elrond.

Even though you start Greenleaf, he's expendable, as are every other companion except for Aragorn, with the three most important backups being Boromir, Gandalf, and Arwen (usually in that order, but depends on the shadow type).  I've had Aragorn die by site three several times due to Nazgul bomb, but you can bounce back reasonably fast due to the deck being so light and making a new tank out of Boromir/Gandalf/Arwen. Thus even though your goal is to beef up Aragorn, he's not integral to winning. You can always adapt. For that reason I think it's more an Elf Ally tech deck than an Aragorn tank. He's almost more useful as a beefy target for the Shadow to invest a lot into killing early. If I can get them to dump 3 of their Savageries in one fight, just so they can overwhelm aragorn, before site 5 or 6 when I play 2 more companions, that's really good for me.

With set 3 Aragorn and Lady of Light you aren't really generating much twilight with each move, so there's no need to waste room on conditions like No Stranger (usually just get discarded and aren't worth their slot). It's not a choke deck, but it often ends up choking Nazgul and Uruks. It usually has no trouble with Moria due to x4 Sentinels.

July 11, 2015, 02:59:06 AM
Reply #13

Dictionary

• Information Offline
  • Marksman
  • Duplicitous Deckbuilder
« Reply #13 on: July 11, 2015, 02:59:06 AM »
Dictionary:
-Gandalf and Aragorn/Large Uruks*

I have a bunch of other decks, but I think this one's the strongest. It chokes with just Gandalf and Aragorn. Used to be Aragorn and Boromir, but needed condition discard, so switched to Gandalf. Shadow is all the beefy uruks, with no Saruman.
Visit LOTR TCG wiki for strategy articles and extra card details, contributed by various community members. All set 1 cards finished.

January 09, 2017, 12:07:29 AM
Reply #14

evergrey84

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2017, 12:07:29 AM »
Fellowship Gandalf with Moria, Troll
Evergrey84