LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: My first ever LOTR Fellowship deck "Aragorn"  (Read 8041 times)

February 10, 2015, 06:47:49 PM
Read 8041 times

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
My first ever LOTR Fellowship deck "Aragorn"
« on: February 10, 2015, 06:47:49 PM »
This is my first ever LOTR deck. Its been a long hard road for me but I've finally been able to sit down and build one with what I've got. Please before you rip this deck apart take in to consideration that I'm using cards I have at my disposale. Its not in my buget to get more cards at the moment. I realize that this deck is not the best  ](*,) but I really tried to make a passable deck. so with out further ado, here it is.  

Ring-bearer (2 cards)
    Frodo, Son of Drogo
    Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure Deck (9 cards)
    East Road
    Bree Gate
    Rivendell Terrace
    Moria Lake
    The Bridge of Khazad-dûm
    Galadriel's Glade
    Silverlode Banks
    Pillars of the Kings
    Slopes of Amon Hen

Free Peoples (30)
    Aragorn, King in Exile (starting) x2
    Gandalf, The Grey Pilgim x2
    Athelas x2
    Boromir, Son of Denethor x2
    Coat of Mail
    Eregion's Trails x2
    Sentinels of Numenor x2
    Hobbit Sword
    Dagger Strike
    Flaming Brand
    Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood
    No Stranger to the Shadows x2
    Aragorn's Bow
    Ranger's Sword Blade of Aragorn
    Pathfinder x2
    Sam, Son of Hamfast
    Swordarm of the White Tower x3
    Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom x3

Shadow (30)
    Bred for Battle x3
    Saruman's Ambition x3
    Their Arrows Enrage x3
    Uruk Fighter x 2
    Uruk Rager x3
    Uruk Savage x3
    Uruk Shaman x3
    Uruk Slayer x2
    Uruk Soldier x2
    Uruk-hai Armory x2
    Uruk-hai Raiding Party x3
    Saruman Servent of the Eye
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 06:50:14 PM by Hobbiton250 »
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

February 10, 2015, 09:36:19 PM
Reply #1

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
Re: My first ever LOTR Fellowship deck "Aragorn"
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2015, 09:36:19 PM »
I don't know what cards you do have, so I'll try to recommend only common and uncommons you might already have...

Uruk decks should always try to use Hollin as site 4. Try to get more copies of Saruman Servant of the Eye and some copies of One of You Must Do This, it's a very powerful combo. You can safely remove Their Arrows Enrage (not a good card) to include them.

A Free Peoples using Swordarm of the White Tower should pack some copies of Elendil's Valor (or Aragorn Heir of Elendil, considering you are using a card of Towers Block: Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn); remove 1 Swordman of the Northern Kingdom (not usable by Boromir Son of Denethor) and add a 4th Swordsman of the White Tower, you may remove Eregion's Trails to add Elendil's Valor. Replace Frodo Son of Drogo with Reluctant Adventurer to get healing from Aragorn King in Exile.

Add 1 or 2 more copies of Hobbit Sword, you will need to draw it as early as you can, and Merry From O'er the Brandywine 'cause you have few companions to burn. Might of Numenor is a great card for any deck using Gondor. Armor is a must against The Balrog, Cave Troll and Uruks. Wizard Staff (2C29) works wonders with Gandalf The Grey Pilgrim being supported by Aragorn King in Exile's healing.

A copy of The Balrog Durin's Bane is always good as a splash minion, in case your hand or twilight pool doesn't allow for a good Shadow at The Bridge.

Hope this helps. If you can, post your current card list to have more information for advices.

Durin's Heir
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 09:39:43 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

February 11, 2015, 02:12:44 AM
Reply #2

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #2 on: February 11, 2015, 02:12:44 AM »
If you plan to start with Aragorn, you only need one copy of him in your deck.

February 11, 2015, 08:42:23 AM
Reply #3

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2015, 08:42:23 AM »
@ Durin's Heir  I have almost none of the cards that you've suggested. Except for Saruman and  One of You Must Do This and extra copies of events and condition you've named, so I'll try to work those in. As for the  Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn It came in the Fellowship block aragorn structure deck I bought. I don't know why it was in with the deck all I know is that I used it because it was in there originally. I'll take it out when I can get something to replace it.
I'll Take out a Swordman of the Northern Kingdom and add another  Swordsman of the White Tower.
I've got a Hollin site so I'll replace Rivendell Terrace with it.
I'll also add more hobbit swords since I have a few of those.
Also I'll swich out Frodo Son of Drogo and add in Reluctant Adventurer.
Thank you for all of your suggestions and I will try and get some of the other cards when I can.

@ Cwork: Since it is an Aragorn based deck, I'd prefer to keep the extra copy of it in here. Thank you for the suggestion though. No offence to you or anything, this is just my personal preferince.
Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky, Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone, Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die, One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne,In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie. One Ring to rule them all, One Ring to find them, One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie

February 11, 2015, 05:02:59 PM
Reply #4

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #4 on: February 11, 2015, 05:02:59 PM »
Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer being healed by Aragorn is a great combo to counter archery, Sauron grind or even small Uruks. Hollin is a site 4, so it must replace Moria Lake.

Hobbit Intuition and Hobbit Stealth are always good cards to have. Noble Intentions can replace them in case you don't have those cards. It's always good to carry a skirmish event to protect Frodo, in case your opponent pulls an event to overwhelm him or tries to assing many minions to him. You have Boromir, Son of Denethor to do the same anyway...

There And Back Again is great to protect Frodo, even better with Frodo Reluctant Adventurer reducing it's cost to 0. Try to add 1 or 2 copies of Bounder. 2 copies of Hobbit Sword may be enough in a small deck, as long as you have other cards to support him like Boromir, There And Back Again or skirmish events; pack 3 copies of Hobbit Sword if you include Merry or if you want to make Sam a lasting companion. Rosie Cotton is a great addition if Sam will make it to site 9...

If you have more copies of Athelas, you can replace the 2nd Aragorn with it, to get the same healing but being able to heal any companion instead, and carry that healing potential until needed.

Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn (4U132) is a great card, it's strange it came as the only non-FOTR block card in the pack you bought but if your friends don't have any problem with that card being played with FOTR sites, don't remove it. The only alternative Aragorn has in FOTR block is Ranger's Sword (1U112); the Sword of Gondor is too a Set 4 card (Towers Block).
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:51:03 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X

February 11, 2015, 09:16:47 PM
Reply #5

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2015, 09:16:47 PM »
@ Durin's Heir

Miss-read the site number on Hollin. I'll replace Moria Lake with it.
I'm almost certian A buddy of mine has some extra There And Back Again so I'll see if he can spare a couple for me.
I don't have Hobbit Intuition and Hobbit Stealth, nor do i have Noble Intentions. I'm out of luck there until I can find the time and money to invest in them I'll just have to do without them.
I've got another Athelas but for now I want to keep the 2nd copy in until I play the deck to see how it goes.
As for Ranger's Sword, Blade of Aragorn I've already replaced it with the Ranger's Sword (1U112); so thats is fixed.
Already added some Hobbit swords. I'll update the deck soon.

Thanks for all of your suggestions.

February 11, 2015, 09:24:29 PM
Reply #6

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2015, 09:24:29 PM »
ok here is my updated version.

Ring-bearer (2 cards)
    Frodo, Reluctant Adventurer
    Ring: The One Ring, Isildur's Bane

Adventure Deck (9 cards)
    East Road
    Bree Gate
    Rivendell Terrace
    Hollin
    The Bridge of Khazad-dûm
    Galadriel's Glade
    Silverlode Banks
    Pillars of the Kings
    Slopes of Amon Hen

Free Peoples (30)
    Aragorn, King in Exile (starting)
    Gandalf, The Grey Pilgim x2
    Athelas x3
    Boromir, Son of Denethor x2
    Eregion's Trails x2
    Sentinels of Numenor x2
    Hobbit Sword x2
    Flaming Brand
    Legolas, Prince of Mirkwood
    No Stranger to the Shadows x2
    Aragorn's Bow
    Ranger's Sword
    Pathfinder x2
    Sam, Son of Hamfast
    Swordarm of the White Tower x2
    Swordsman of the Northern Kingdom x4
    Wizard Staff
    Armor

Shadow (30)
    Bred for Battle x3
    Saruman's Ambition x3
    Their Arrows Enrage x3
    Uruk Fighter x 2
    Uruk Rager x3
    Uruk Savage x3
    Uruk Shaman x3
    Uruk Slayer x2
    Uruk Soldier x2
    Uruk-hai Armory x2
    Uruk-hai Raiding Party x3
    Saruman Servent of the Eye

February 12, 2015, 07:10:53 AM
Reply #7

Cw0rk

• Information Offline
  • Knight
« Reply #7 on: February 12, 2015, 07:10:53 AM »
I really dont like Eregion Trails. Perhaps you could replace it with something more useful.

February 12, 2015, 09:05:16 AM
Reply #8

Jens

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #8 on: February 12, 2015, 09:05:16 AM »
Will have to agree with Cw0rk, there's alot of cards i'd put in front of Eregion Trails. Maybe a second armor? Don't know what you're up against, but if they're uruks a second one could always be nice. :)
:D

February 12, 2015, 06:19:22 PM
Reply #9

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
« Reply #9 on: February 12, 2015, 06:19:22 PM »
I'll fiddle around with it and see what I can find to replace Eregion Trails. Thanks for the suggestions. Would another Athelas be too much?

February 14, 2015, 04:25:12 AM
Reply #10

Jens

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
« Reply #10 on: February 14, 2015, 04:25:12 AM »
I'll fiddle around with it and see what I can find to replace Eregion Trails. Thanks for the suggestions. Would another Athelas be too much?

Nah, if you're replacing Eregion Trails thats not a bad change ;). It's great against nazguls and its always nice to have some extra healing against pretty much everything.
:D

February 14, 2015, 09:16:01 PM
Reply #11

Hobbiton250

• Information Offline
  • Goblin
  • Bow to the precious
« Reply #11 on: February 14, 2015, 09:16:01 PM »

Nah, if you're replacing Eregion Trails thats not a bad change ;). It's great against nazguls and its always nice to have some extra healing against pretty much everything.

alright I'll give that a shot. Thanks everyone!