LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Author Topic: Radagast, The Brown  (Read 2775 times)

October 08, 2015, 08:54:11 PM
Read 2775 times

Clicky

• Information Offline
  • Neekerbreeker
Radagast, The Brown
« on: October 08, 2015, 08:54:11 PM »
Does anyone have interesting ideas on how to use this card? It seems like it could fit in a general fellowship, but doesn't seem to have a specific use. Or perhaps I just don't understand the power of a triple move, usually I am not in a safe position to make a big jump like that. I was hoping that Radagast would combo with Gandalf or Gandalf culture cards (outside of Radagast's staff) in an interesting way, but nothing stands out to me. Wizard's Staff says bearer must be a wizard, which is interesting because it's the only freeps card I can think of which affects a wizard and not Gandalf specifically (which is a shame, because I'm pretty sure you want Radagast's Staff on Radagast if at all possible). Oh, and to narrow things a bit, I play within the movie block.

Sorry for the rambling, I just like the card and want to make it work.   Also, sorry for being a noob.

October 09, 2015, 03:33:53 AM
Reply #1

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
Re: Radagast, The Brown
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2015, 03:33:53 AM »
I think it 'works' as printed. The best way to play him is to play him to make the move limit +1, kill him with Saved From the Fire to grab another copy, Sent Back, and Out of High Airs, play him again to make the move limit +2, then kill him before you move in the regroup phase so your opponent can't cycle. Hopefully you can clog your opponent's hand well enough to get a few sites if set up.
-wtk

October 09, 2015, 06:18:33 AM
Reply #2

ket_the_jet

• Information Offline
  • King
  • Administrator
  • He/Him/His
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2015, 06:18:33 AM »
Wizard Staff, Sent Back, Borne Far Away, Gathering Wind, and Out of the High Airs are the only Movie Block cards that specifically cite a wizard and not Gandalf, by the way.
-wtk
« Last Edit: November 02, 2015, 08:41:44 AM by ket_the_jet »

October 09, 2015, 05:03:04 PM
Reply #3

Durin's Heir

• Information Offline
  • Ranger
  • Alex Jones was right
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2015, 05:03:04 PM »
Radagast also provides 1 more Gandalf signet to use with powerful cards like Trust Me As You Once Did, Keep Your Forked Tongue, Let Us Not Tarry, Down From the Hills, Gandalf's Wisdom...

You can exert him instead of Gandalf to use Out of the High Airs, which makes double and triple moves much easier and thus makes profit of his move limit addition.

Wizard Staff isn't as useless as it may seem. Can help you a lot in desperate moments against both swarm and beatdown shadows, or if you need desperately to win a skirmish (Twilight Witch King...) or overwhelm a minion (Gollum with Heavy Burden, Set 6 [Isengard] Orcs...), and you can make its cost much more viable with Strength of Spirit, Elrond HtGG or Ent Draught. In Movie Block, Radagast's Staff isn't legal so Wizard Staff or nothing are your only options.

As a [Gandalf] companion, you can spot him to use Brooding on Tomorrow or Long Slow Wrath, or exert him to use Song of the Shire or Shake Off the Shadow.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2016, 09:58:54 PM by Durin's Heir »
“If you're not careful, the newspapers will have you hating the people who are being oppressed, and loving the people who are doing the oppressing.”  - Malcolm X