LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Sun Aug 05, 2007 11:19 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Yeah, if you had to abide by the way you’re interpreting things, lem0n, that would make the wargs unplayable because of that pesky "Bearer must be an Orc Orc with Strength X or less." requirement. Sorry.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:33 am
It doesnt say it can be borne by another companion except a shire one Bib. It says transfer it to a fellowship companion. But also that the bearer must be a shire companion. It doesnt say transfer this to another fellowship companion that is or is not a Shire one. All the card’s text is active.

CG, no no im not saying discard it. It doesnt say discard this if bearer is not a shire companion. Im saying a non shire companion is not a viable target as then the bearer wouldnt be a shire companion, so im not saying if you transfer it u have to discard it as it doesnt say that but it does say it has to be a Shire companion so when you say im transferring this to legolas BEFORE it happens id say thats not an allowable target so prevent it.

By the way you’re all probably right but i still have to fight my corner as no one seems to see where im coming from.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 12:25 pm
"Bearer must be" only applies when you’re playing the card in this case.

Now, it also usually applies during transfers. HOWEVER, the transfer text says that new characters can bear it in addition to the initial group. So non-Shire fellowship companions can bear it when you transfer it to them.

Most of the time when you transfer stuff, it can only be transferred to another eligible bearer (Strange-looking Men, using the fellowship phase transfer action, etc). But Rabbit Stew changes who the eligible bearer is when you transfer it.
All cards do what they say.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:16 pm
Artifact / Possession Transfer Rules:

Transfer

You may transfer an artifact or possession between your Free Peoples characters during your fellowship phase by paying the twilight cost for that artifact or possession again. (Minions cannot transfer artifacts or possessions.)Both characters involved in the transfer must be at the same site. (See ally.)

An artifact or possession may be transferred only to a character who may bear it. (See bearer.)Transferring a card is not playing that card, even though you must pay its twilight cost. “When you play” game text is not performed when transferring a card.

This rule obviously only applies to artifacts, and possessions. Not conditions.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
NBarden
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:32 pm
Whoa. So transferring conditions bypass all the typical possession transfer rules.

I’m going to play it like Bib said, because that’s obviously the intent of the card, whether that’s what it says or not.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Aug 06, 2007 2:38 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
NBarden wrote:
I’m going to play it like Bib said, because that’s obviously the intent of the card, whether that’s what it says or not.

And these days, you have to go with the intent rather than what’s actually written more often than not. Rolling Eyes
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
jefronio30
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 2:07 pm
you can only transfer that card to a companion that has a fellowship game text
like Aragorn well-traveled guide Shame on you
NBarden
Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 3:25 pm
Yeah, we know that, but the card says bearer must be a Shire, so can it be transferred to a non-Shire fellowship companion?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 12:30 am
Yes it can. It must initially be played on a Shire companion, but you can later transfer it to a non-Shire fellowship companion.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions