LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 4:47 pm
Hey, here’s my deck.

Faramir, Bearer of Quality
The Ring of Rings

Merry, Loyal Companion
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Legolas, of the Woodland Realm (Fearless Marksman works well, but my brother runs hunters).

Gandalf, Powerful Guide
A Wizard is Never Late x 3 (To be swapped for 3 more Gandalf, Powerful Guide ASAP)
Aragorn, Thorongil
Madril, Faramir’s Aide x 4
Gimli, Lively Combatant x 3 (to be swapped with Gloin, Son of Groin ASAP)
Arwen, Queen of elves and Men x 3

Robin Smallburrow
Daddy Twofoot

Shadowplay x 2
Refuge x 2

Hardy Garrison x 3
Brooding on Tomorrow x 3
Glimpse of Fate x 2
A Light In His Mind x 3

Aragorn’s Bow
Elven Bow
Glamdring, Orc-Beater

Community Living x 2
No Visitors

My first deck idea with this was Gandalf, Powerful guide + Radagast’s Herb Bag + Hardy Garrison + Erland, Dale Counselor. The only problem was Gandalf AND Erland’s spotting requirement, meaning that the combo had to work EXACTLY right, and I didn’t like that. So I dropped Erland, and because of that, the Gandalf, Powerful Guide’s spell text became worthless. But I still liked his draw/discard ability, so I kept him. What you do is lose initiative as many times as possible to do all sorts of stuff. Thanks to that, this deck cycles well, especially with a Swarm/Grind deck which its paired with, that happens to be condition intensive. It’s decked several times, but usually my shadow finishes everything off before it comes to that. Twisted Evil Or I run really fast.

Basically, thanks to Daddy Twofoot, make sure you have at least 4 cards in hand. If you have an even number, grab a card with Daddy Twofoot, usually No Visitors, but Community Living works as well. Wound with Madril. You have 3 cards in hand. Gandalf draws and discards. Faramir makes a minion roaming, and then you can use Pippin. Discard two more cards with Madril to make it work again, or use Gimli and it works again. I wanted Gloin because his ability ROCKS! But oh well. Until I get him, I’m stuck with Gimli.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
vccf999
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 10:39 pm
wow, thats cool idea NBarden, thanks for the idea. just the problem is i dont have most of the cards like faramir RB, Gandalf,powerful guide... I am so upset last time didn’t manage to buy from cobra when there was still availble stock Sad

I searched the net try to find some hunter booster but nothing get. Only found 1 site that they still selling but very expensive, USD 185.99 per box, which is totally out of my budget Sad I am willing to buy single cards from hunter block, If there are ppl willing to sell. Very Happy

p.s: O, I want to ask another question is, regarding the Hall of our father, is the action changing cards from hand to the condition consider losing initiative? because my friend was argue this issue with me, he said he is right because the time change cards from hand to the condition, the hand size is empty but in my opinion i dont think he is right. any better suggestions / explainations ?
NBarden
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:12 pm
Only if your hand size goes to less than four, I believe.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
vccf999
Posted: Sun Oct 28, 2007 11:23 pm
thanks again NBarden. Homage Homage Homage
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2007 4:38 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Smeagol, Poor Creature is an excellent way to manage hand size. That’s what I do for my Infinite Gandalf in Open.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
vccf999
Posted: Thu Nov 01, 2007 3:05 am
ya CG, smeagol poor creature is really a good card to do so. I had read your Infinite Gandalf, is awesome Applause I use your idea & built 1 to test with my friends, they have nothing to say but just sit there & watching me walk until site 9.

meanwhile, i am designing a new deck. maybe next time i will post here & ask for any advice / suggestions from you guys here( though my deck idea might just a joke for you all ) . Wink

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions