LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
There we go again... No, they’re not. They SEEM a lot different, but they’re really alike in their core. They share a LOT of things, not only "responses" (which, btw, I think LotR should have more, it’s so cool), and rules are a big part of that. I don’t even know why people keep arguing with me about this, all I said was: "if they have triggers, why don’t just go and name it that way?" That would make life a lot easier for some people to understand some of the rules.
I don't like YOU.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 3:38 pm
I have to admit the stack in MtG is really elegant. LotR can get along well enough but I wish some things were explained in more detail.

BTW, I finally found a section that should answer whether more than one "at the start" action can be completed. It’s under "action":

If two or more required actions are occurring at the same time (for example, more than one "start of turn" action), the Free Peoples player decides in which order they occur.

Just in case the usual "Each of these actions may be performed only once per turn" section is ambiguous.

And yeah, the rulebook uses the word "trigger" in the discussions, but having a formal definition and glossary entry would be nice. As it is, it’s sort of like a scavenger hunt piecing everything together.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions