LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Hazael
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:04 pm
Format: Expanded Elven

(36)
Starting Fellowship:
1 The one ring, the ring of rings
1 Galadriel, Bearer of Wisdom
1 Legolas, Woodland Emissary
1 Celeborn, The Wise

Allies:
3 Elrond, Herald To Gil-Galad
2 Orophin, Lorien Bowman
2 Rumil, Elven Protector

Possessions:
3 Legolas’ Bow
3 Elven Bow
2 Nenya
1 Vilya
1 Phial Of Galadriel

Conditions:
2 The Splendor of Their Banners
2 Glimpse of Fate
3 Elven Marksmanship
2 Take Up the Bow

Events:
4 Double Shot
2 Nocked
2 Seclusion
Last edited by Hazael on Wed May 17, 2006 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
sperzdechly
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:12 pm
You have only 3 companions and 6 bows in the deck. What for? What do you need 3 copies of Legolas’ Bow for? If you want to get the bows fast - play 3 Elven Bow and 2 Legolas’ Bow. It is enough.

The rest is quite good Smile
lotr~kid
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:16 pm
Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 149 Location: The South, down where 'Aint' is a word
hey, is this that deck you played me on SDA?
if so, whats wrong with it?
I think it worked just fine! Wink
I currently have about 1,000 LotR TCG cards.
including 40 foil cards.
and who knows how many rares.
I'll have to count my rares sometime you know...
Hazael
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:41 pm
Many reasons...

Are you thinking that they are not important enough to get very quickly? This is my entire strategy right here in the archery.

Are you thinking my conditions/event will be able to handle it until I draw my possesions? They have toil. I use legolas’ bow to play them for -2 automatically, then I exert the ally(s) that wont help me because I need to reduce the twilight to a choke or I will die. Die of overwhelming strength.
Plus, I have to spot a number archers to use half of these.

I need to get out my expensive cards during the first few sites while my minions are still roaming. After that, its choke as much as I can.

Lastly, many shadow strategies include possesion discarding. What would I do without my bows? I could always put in Elven Brooch, but now it will take forever to get my possesions that I do not want to be discarded. Plus the cost might prove to be fatal.

No, its not soon enough... this depends on it. The muster and ring will help cycle any hand cloggedge.
The first game I played with this, I skipped the last few shadow phases to clog my opponents hand. I still had plenty of fellowship cards to double move for the win. Especially becuase Celeborn takes an event from your discard when you move twice. And I can get up to "muster" x5.

Same with the allies. But not only can I get them out faster, I can use the extra cards to heal during the fellowship phase.
Now do you see why?

Yes lotr~kid, this is the deck.
Last edited by Hazael on Wed May 17, 2006 4:52 pm; edited 3 times in totalSome of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
lotr~kid
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 4:44 pm
Joined: 10 May 2006 Posts: 149 Location: The South, down where 'Aint' is a word
OK, just wondering, lol.
I thought so, lol.
I currently have about 1,000 LotR TCG cards.
including 40 foil cards.
and who knows how many rares.
I'll have to count my rares sometime you know...
sperzdechly
Posted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:39 pm
OK, now understand - my knowledge about this deck is only theoretical, you’ve got practise Smile

But one thig I have to point you out! Format is Expanded not Extended. I hate poeple confusing it...
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 4:35 pm
This deck is undefeated, but I just don’t like it because it is so dependant on the inital setup and no good for minion archery. Too risky.

My "in the land of the lorien no shadow lay" deck is the same consept, but easier to setup and safer against shadow archery and wound prevention.

My elven twins deck is like this one. Good against everything but sux for shadow archery. It works great against high strength minions though.

Soon I will post my new standard fellowship. I have been working on it for weeks. It will go with my highly qualified Men archery shadow side.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded