LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:18 am
"Each time bearer is about to take a wound, you may add a threat to prevent that."

This seems so silly I’m sure I’m missing something, but can Armor of Khazad reabsorb threat wounds?
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 7:35 am
I suppose so technically. There is nothing to say you cant, a threat is a wound so it can be stopped by adding a threat. Seems crazy but unless bib or someone can prove otherwise id say yes.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 8:12 am
Nice. Can’t make threats fizzle outright like Gimli’s Helm, but it can stick around granting reprieve after reprieve. It’s better than I thought.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 10:14 am
Wouldn’t it loop with the threats coming back until all the threat wounds had been assigned? Think Or how do the threat wounds trigger, exactly?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:11 am
You assign all your threat wounds one by one, thats why promise keeping keeps triggering and is horrible.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 11:37 am
NBarden wrote:
Wouldn’t it loop with the threats coming back until all the threat wounds had been assigned? Think Or how do the threat wounds trigger, exactly?
I think what you are asking is, "If Armor of Khazad absorbs a threat wound, would that threat token need to immediately be placed as a wound on a companion?" The answer is no given how threats work. Threats work according to the following rules:

Comprehensive Rules 4.0 - threats wrote:
When a companion or ally is killed and that card is placed in the dead pile, the Free Peoples player counts the number of threats on the dead pile and then removes them. Then the Free Peoples player must assign a number of wounds equal to the number of threats removed to his companions in any way he wishes.
Thus when a companion or ally dies, threats trigger, wounds must be assigned to companions equal to the number of threats currently on the threat pile. Any additional threats that are generated after the threat pile has been emptied won’t be placed until a companion or ally is killed. Thus the worst case that can happen with Armor of Khazad is you have threats on your dead pile equal to the number of companions in your fellowship (ignoring the case where you maxed your threats and then discarded a companion or took one into hand resulting in threats > than the number of companions), a companion is killed and all but one threat will be absorbed by the armor. The ending scenario is Maxed out threats, one dead companion and one additional wound on your fellowship.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead
NBarden
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 12:58 pm
ST + WoBaS = ultimate threat pincushion.

Who needs Armor of Khazad when you can toss these little guys back to hand?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Mon Dec 17, 2007 2:49 pm
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Whoa, that is one sweet loop! Kudos for noticing that one.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions