LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 12:53 am
Thanks for the idea, NB.

20 Lands:
Ancient Amphitheater x4
Mountain x 10
Plains x6

18 Creatures:
Brion Stoutarm x4
Nova Chaser x4
Flamekin Harbinger x4
Ashling the Pilgrim x4
Mudbutton Torchrunner x2

10 Enchantments:
Ashling’s Perogative x4
Battle Mastery x2
Oblivion Ring x4

12 Instants:
Lash Out x4
Tarfire x4
Needle Drop x4

The idea is: Harbinger gets Nova Chaser, Brion sacs for 10, returns Harbinger, sets another Chaser, repeat ’till dead.

Perogative chooses even to get Chasers and Brions to go off right away.

I needed another Elemental so Ashling was it, since he can deal damage, or get pumped to drop to Brion’s Arm.

Torchrunners are good blockers (and suprisingly good attackers... take the 1 or block and kill for 3?) and can be dropped to Brion again for some more damage.

Battle Mastery gives Nova Chaser the power of first strike (I doubt more than 10 damage will be needed to kill a creature on attack...) or gives Brion more lifelinking power.

Lash Out kills creatures, smooths draws and deals damage.

Tarfire is basic burn.

Needle Drop adds damage and draws cards.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 7:38 pm
I like this deck. Here’s what I’m thinking.

Ancient Ampitheater is begging for more giants for faster mana. Add in some Blind Spot Giant.

Seriously, drop Needle Drop and Tarfire. Brion has lifelink. Lash Out, Oblivion Ring, and Crush Underfoot (BTW, add that) are all you need for removal.

So, drop 4 Tarfire and 4 Needle Drop for 4 Crush Underfoot and 4 Blind Spot Giant. BTW, they can ALL be revealed with Ancient Ampitheater.

Drop the Mudbutton Torchrunners and 2 Ashling the Pilgrim for 4x Hamletback Goliath as well. With all the Nova Chasers hitting play, Hamletback Goliath can get pretty huge, for swinging with Brion. 1 Nova Chaser goes off, blam, 16 damage. Plus, you have 20 Giants to trigger Ancient Ampitheater.

Heat Shimmer might be an alternative as well. Especially if you combo it with the Hamletback Goliath. Maybe drop the Ashling’s Prerogative for it.

To bad this isn’t in standard format. If you take it to standard, Righteousness is AWESOME with Brion. Pay White to deal 7 damage to target player and you gain 7 life.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 8:13 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Do NOT drop Ashling! He serves the role of Pyroclasm to clear the table of smaller creatures that tend to swarm way too fast. I’ve played several times with Hamletback Goliath, and he’s just too slow for a duel, he’s a removal magnet. DO drop Needle Drop (not very good so far), and Tarfire can also go. I’d not pack Crush Underfoot, but Lash Out is great.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:00 pm
If they target Hamletback Goliath with removal, then simply swing with Brion. Confused
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jan 08, 2008 9:44 pm
My point exactly. If swinging with Brion is enough, then why playin a 7 mana monstrosity that can be blocked by a measly token all day long?
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 2:44 pm
Point taken, but he needs more Giants for Ancient Ampitheater.

I like Blind Spot Giant, and Crush Underfoot is not only removal, but also a giant to get the Ampitheaters in play. Hamletback Goliath seemed like it’d be a nice big creature that you could run for Brion fun. But maybe run something cheaper.

Man, I wish you could take this to standard. Righteousness would be SO awesome with this deck.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Jan 09, 2008 10:33 pm
I like Crib Swap better than Crush Underfoot (after all, let’em have a 1/1 dork, you have GIANTS!), and it’s ALSO a Giant. And it doesn’t rely on other giants in play to be an efficient removal. Oh, btw, check out the spoilers at mtgsalvation.com, Merfolk milling WILL be playable!
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats