LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:43 am
This is getting ridiculous. I know we have at least 3 other MtG players left...

And I need a title still...
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 7:06 pm
NBarden wrote:
Here’s some ninja stuff. See if you can guess the theme.

Heikiji, Ninja Master (3)BlueBlack
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja
When Heikiji, Ninja Master comes into play, target opponent takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice a permanent.
0/1

I can see why the low stats, cuz you wouldn’t want to give your opponent a good creature, but... I’m not sure if this is really that useful. I’d rather use some targeted removal instead of using my turn to give them a creature, yknow? But I’ll see how the theme develops.

Quote:
Ninja Defector
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu Black
Ninja Defector is Black.
When Ninja Defector is put into a graveyard from play, return it to play under target opponent’s control.
At the start of each upkeep, Ninja Defector deals 1 damage to you.
2/3

So... you have to play it with Ninjutsu. That’s a cool idea, I’ll steal it for my set. Wink Don’t know how you’ll get him in your graveyeard, ’cuz your opponent won’t do it for you...

Quote:
Saboteur BlueBlack
Creature - Human Ninja
When Saboteur comes into play, target opponent takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice another creature.
3/2

This guy’s cool. Cheap, and mashes creatues straight off. The high stats could do you a lot of harm, though... giving your opponent a 3/2 for your own second turn play...

Just a thought, it’d be cool to see these guys with madness, or something. So you could discard them to get some good effect for yourself before you ship them over to your opponent... providing you make a card that discards them. Just my Two Cents though.

Quote:
Treacherous Ninja Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu BlackBlack
Whenever Treacherous Ninja deals damage to a player, that player takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, pay (2) or sacrifice 2 permanents.
1/3

Yeah, you’d pretty much have to ninjutsu it. Cool, though. Not sure about cost-effect balance... these cards are awfully unique in their abilities... you’d have to wait for Felipe to drop by to get a good opinion on that.

Quote:
Ninja Devastator
Creature - Human Ninja
Suspend- 2
Ninjutsu- Sacrifice 4 lands.
Ninja Devastator is Blue and Black.
Indestructible.
Each time a time counter is about to be removed from Ninja Devastator while it is removed from the game, add a time counter to it or sacrifice an Island or Swamp.
When Ninja Devastator comes into play, target player takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice a land and Ninja Devastator deals 2 damage to you.
2/1

Needs a suspend cost. Really, really deadly.

Quote:
Poisoned Weapons BlackBlack
Tribal Enchantment- Ninja Aura
Enchant Ninja.
While enchanted Ninja has an equipment attached to it, it has poisonous 2.

Interesting. But not very useful, I think. It’d be cool if it was just an equipment, and got to attach to a ninja as soon as you played one. So if you slapped something down with Ninjutsu...

Plus, you’re giving most of your ninjas to your opponent, right?

Quote:
Assassin’s Knife (2)
Tribal Artifact - Ninja Equipment
Equip - (1)BlackBlack
Whenever a creature’s ninjutsu ability is activated, attach Assassin’s Knife to that creature.
Equipped creature has deathtouch and first strike.

Well, this comboed with the above one is better, but i’d still favor changing the first one. This one is cool.

Quote:
Kenoji, Deathmage (1)BlackBlack
Planeswalker- Kenoji
+1:Target creature deals 1 damage to its controller.
-2: Target player takes control of target creature.
-8: Each creature controlled by target player has "at the start of each upkeep, this creature deals 2 damage to you" until the end of the game.

Second ability is plain too cheap. I know what you meant was to give control of one of your creatures to your oponent, but taking an oponents creature for the remainder of the game requires a much higher cost. Other than that, fine.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:17 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
FM to the rescue!!!! Ta-daaaa!!!

NBarden wrote:
Here’s some ninja stuff. See if you can guess the theme.

Heikiji, Ninja Master (3)BlueBlack
Legendary Creature - Human Ninja
When Heikiji, Ninja Master comes into play, target opponent gains control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice a permanent.
0/1

Ouch. harsh, but I like it. However, this is outright powerful, not the kind of "subtle" power a ninja usually implies. Take, for instance, the cards Dovescape and Erayo. See the difference between them? That’s the power of the ninja, quick, subtle and yet deadly

Ninja Defector
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu Black
Ninja Defector is Black.
When Ninja Defector is put into a graveyard from play, return it to play under target opponent’s control.
At the start of each upkeep, Ninja Defector deals 1 damage to you.
2/3

(Note: It doesn’t have a mana cost for a reason).

I liked the design.

Saboteur BlueBlack
Creature - Human Ninja
When Saboteur comes into play, target opponent gains control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice another creature.
3/2

Dangerous, but I like hte high-risk/high-reward feel about him. However, against a control deck, you’d be pretty much doomed.

Treacherous Ninja Black
Creature - Human Ninja
Ninjutsu BlackBlack
Whenever Treacherous Ninja deals damage to a player, that player takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, pay (2) or sacrifice 2 permanents.
1/3

Here is a tricky one. If you play it right, it can be a constant mana drain (with an alternative sacrificial idea, but not that well). However, make sure you can block it, because its more than ready to attack you. I don’t recommend playing it except with ninjutsu.

Too powerful, outright broken. Basically, this guy out on turn two and game over, since the opponent won’t have 2 mana yet, and will never get to having it. I think it needs serious work.

Ninja Devastator
Creature - Human Ninja
Suspend BlackBlue- 2
Ninjutsu- Sacrifice 4 lands.
Ninja Devastator is Blue and Black.
Indestructible.
Each time a time counter is about to be removed from Ninja Devastator while it is removed from the game, add a time counter to it or sacrifice an Island or Swamp.
When Ninja Devastator comes into play, target player takes control of it.
At the start of each upkeep, sacrifice a land and Ninja Devastator deals 2 damage to you.
2/1

Okay, takes a lot to get it into play, but once its in play, it becomes an indestructible mayhem machine against your opponent.

"Takes a lot"? It comes down on turn 4, and it’s game over right there. Absurdly powerful.

Poisoned Weapons BlackBlack
Tribal Enchantment- Ninja Aura
Enchant Ninja.
While enchanted Ninja has an equipment attached to it, it has poisonous 2.

VERY cool! However, take a look at Snake-Cult Initiation, and you might notice this could be slightly more powerful with no harm.

Assassin’s Knife (2)
Tribal Artifact - Ninja Equipment
Equip - (1)BlackBlack
Whenever a creature’s ninjutsu ability is activated, attach Assassin’s Knife to that creature.
Equipped creature has deathtouch and first strike.

There’s a combo if you wanted one. Poisonous 2 on a deathtouch first strike creature. Each time he attacks, 2 poison, else, dead creature. Choose well. While these cards may not look to cool with the current ninjas, some more ninjas will be coming up with a different strategy.

I don’t like too narrow equipments. Equipments are colorless, and so, they should be playable in any deck, otherwise, just follow on Sarcomyte Myr’s steps and make it a black artifact anyway.

Kenoji, Deathmage (1)BlackBlack
Planeswalker- Kenoji
+1:Target creature deals 1 damage to its controller.
-2: Target player takes control of target creature until the end of that player’s next upkeep.
-8: Each creature controlled by target player gains "at the start of each upkeep, this creature deals 2 damage to you" (this effect doesn’t end at the end of the turn).

Not powerful enough to be a Planeswalker.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Dream Cards