LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 8:59 pm
Been playing a little on MWS, and I need a tech for mono-red D-storm against story circle.

Help?

What I think I’m doing is running Lotus Blooms, Fungal Reaches for storage, and then sideboarding 4x Karplusan Forest and 4x Spring Cleaning.

Sound good?
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:52 pm
I feel embarrassed. Someone Extirpated Relentless Rats from my Relentless Rats deck. Razz
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 10:00 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Pithing Needle. Best sideboard card ever, a must-have in any competitive deck nowadays. Shuts down Story Circle, Planeswalkers in general, regeneration of annoying creatures, pingers, etc.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 12:38 am
Okay, and one more thing.

HOW DO YOU BEAT THAT STUPID MOGG FANATIC?!?!?

Every Goblin Aggro runs him and he ANNOYS ME TO NO END! Especially with Wort grabbing him back. He’s just...so annoying. I cannot tell you how many times I’ve lost to a Tarfire/Mogg Fanatic with 3 life. Razz

And any time you try to remove him, he sacs himself to swing at you. Evil or Very Mad No matter what you do, he pricks you and pokes you to death.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 11:33 pm
Hum... Pithing Needle? Crovax, Ascendant Hero and other stuff with his effect work wonders as well. Too bad engineered plague is not Standard anymore...
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 12:54 am
I’ve been running a Goblin Aggro deck that’s pwning everything (I don’t post ALL my decks here. Razz). I just recently won probably my closest game vs a Goyf/Doran deck. Game 1, I won, game 2, he won, game 3, he conceded when we both had 2 life. (After my Mad Auntie took down his Shriekmaw, leaving him with nothing and me with 5 Goblins).

I did lose to some Treefolk, but other than that, its been going pretty well. Tarfire + Wort = removal for anything that gets in my way. A guy I was playing made a mistake and knifed my Siege-Gang Commander with Eyeblight’s Ending, to have it come back with Wort for 3 more tokens. Twisted Evil

For some reason, my Goblin Aggro deck, despite running 25 lands, seems to give me terrible mana every time. And that’s on a 1-drop curve! In testing, the mana rocks, but once I test it against someone, I have 1 land on a double mulligan. I attribute it to bad luck because I run 25 lands! Razz And yet, I’m still winning with it.

I’ll have to play you guys with this deck. if I can get decent mana, it hurts real bad. (Except against, of course, F_M’s pet card, wrath).
NBarden
Posted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 9:37 pm
My creature nabbing deck just smoked a faerie deck. It was fun. Everytime he tried to play Mistbind Clique, tap an Amoeboid Changeling. GG on turn 2 meant I could seize and sac his creatures, which I did, and then was able to sac a couple lands to get the GG in play, protected by a Cryptic Command. The guy told me afterwards that he hardly ever lost with the deck.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:29 am
First off, my pet card is not Wrath of God, but Damnation (I’m a black player at heart). Razz
Then, WHY do you run TWENTY-FIVE lands in a GOBLIN deck?!? I’d run 22 AT MOST, probably 21, unless I wanted to run a pair of Siege-Gang Commanders and 1-2 Worts.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:03 am
3 Worts, 4 Commanders. It works well, unless I get 6 lands in my first draw. I might cut 1 or 2.

I’m all red. Red for me. And blue. My favorite deck is actually my U/R creature snatching deck. It combines the power of BANG BANG BANG with the art of manipulating your opponent.

EDIT: And the aforementioned deck just whupped a Legacy deck. Very Happy

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion