LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest
Rate this article!

5 (Best)  
100%
  [ 1 ]  100%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

1 (Worst)  
0%
  [ 0 ]  0%

Total Votes : 1
NBarden
Posted: Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:27 pm
I just noticed something. Brion comboes AMAZINGLY with Nova Chaser.

Flamekin Harbingers w/ Nova Chasers and Brion Stoutarm. Constant tutoring and swinging for 12!
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
elf lvr
Posted: Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:21 am
Mistbind Clique is great. I don’t know how to use him without too many Fairies, but you can use a Harbinger to grab ’em so you have a creature to champion for ’em... If you have to unsummon him back to hand to use him again, that’s okay, puts back Harbinger so you can grab Faerie Trickery or something, right? You did say Trickery was as good as the next Cancel, why not run it?
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:10 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I run 4 Faerie Trickery in place of 4 Cancel in my monoblue deck. I would only NOT run them if my meta was jammesd full of faerie decks. Mistbind Clique, whant most people miss, is that WHO CARES if you have a faerie to champion? His CIP ability WILL trigger anyway, so he’s as good as Gigadrowse for combo decks, so as soon as a new combo archetype aside from current D-Storm (which is not very good without the element of surprise) is made possible, Mistbind can find a better home than that of a mere beatstick in faerie decks.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:02 pm
"When a Faerie is championed with Mistbind Clique, tap all lands target player controls."

Methinks the CIP ability isn’t really CIP, but a championing ability.

I’m thinking of something warped. Can he champion himself to tap all lands, thus removing himself from the game and placing himself back into the game repeatedly? So that, say, an ability to untap activated will result in him getting thrown back into play and RFG to tap anything, because by removing himself from play, he leaves play and thus his championed self hits play again, to champion until the board is locked and he can sac himself?

Tap, Garruk, tap anyways.

Are we going to see a new Morningtide article? If you do, be sure to mention Oona’s Blackguard.
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 12:26 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Oona’s Blackguard is BY FAR one of the best cards in the set, yes. Also, read the reminder text on "champion" again, it says "when this comes into play, remove ANOTHER ___ you control from the game or sacrifice this". Also, Mistbind Clique HAS a CIP ability, in fact, it has TWO of them. Yeah, Champion AND tapping the lands are, in and on itself, TWO DIFFERENT triggered abilities, so even if Mistbind Clique dies due to lack of targets to remove, it’ll still tap the lands your opponent controls. I’ve been meaning to fit a set of them into my D-Storm deck, so I can eot it, tap all of my opponent’s lands, and not have to worry about Extirpate, counters, Circles, etc.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 21, 2008 10:08 am
But doesn’t it say it has to champion a faerie for the text to trigger? So if it comes into play and gets sacked, it doesn’t tap all the lands, because it didn’t champion a faerie.

Me confused. Mad

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Strategy Article Contest