LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
OneFathom
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:18 am
Reclaim The Precious (10U22) states:

Assignment: Assign Gollum to a companion bearing an artifact. The Free People’s player may add a burden to prevent this and assign Gollum.

Regroup: Exert Gollum twice to discard a possession. Discard this condition.

My question is regarding the assignment component of this card. Despite the card having an assignment special ability, my guess is you can use the effect only once if the FP player assigns Gollum, is this true?

So in short, if I want to assign Gollum to Elendil bearing Narsil, and the FP player adds a burden to prevent this I can’t use the card’s text again to reassign, correct?

Any help is appreciated. Thank you.

OF
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:30 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
Sounds like it should work that way. Otherwise, the FP would never use the burden opt-out, because it would be worthless.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Jan 22, 2008 2:59 am
Yeah, only characters who are unassigned can be assigned. Now if the card left out the "...and assign Gollum" bit, he’d be taking his ninja skills to a whole ’nother level.
Merrick_Hale
Posted: Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:47 am
CG and ES are correct.
Aaron Rhinehart
Rider of Rohan (retired)
DAgent #417 (retired)

This Incognito is a smooth operator - Lem0nhead

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions