LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions
NBarden
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 11:10 am
A couple questions on this card.

1). Neither player controls any creatures. I play Biorythm. What happens?

2). How exactly does this card work? Is it a 1-time use only, or does it become a static ability, changing throughout the game depending on the number of creatures in play?

3). I use Jhoira of the Ghitu to suspend both a Wrath of God, a Biorythm and a creature simultaneously. A few turns later, at the start of my upkeep, I remove a token from each, and all hit play. Can I choose Biorythm to hit the stack first followed by my creature, allowing Wrath to resolve, then my creature, for Biorythm to reduce their life total to 0 and mine to 1?

If so, I have a new deck combo deck abusing Dust of Moments. Twisted Evil
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:00 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
1). Neither player controls any creatures. I play Biorythm. What happens?

Each players life total becomes 0.When State-Based Effects are checked, the game sees 2 players with 0 life, so they both lose. The game ends in a draw. Shuffle up for the next game.

2). How exactly does this card work? Is it a 1-time use only, or does it become a static ability, changing throughout the game depending on the number of creatures in play?

It’s a sorcery, meaning it resolves, does its effect, and that’s it. It can’t, in no way, be a stactic ability, since those belong to permanents only, and permanents are only things that are in play (sorceries and instants can never be "in play"). If it was an enchantment, for instance, THEN the text would be that of a continuous effect, and WOULD be altered accordingly (just like Ajani’s Avatar’s P/T is, if you gain life, it rises, it you lose life, it lowers).

3). I use Jhoira of the Ghitu to suspend both a Wrath of God, a Biorythm and a creature simultaneously. A few turns later, at the start of my upkeep, I remove a token from each, and all hit play. Can I choose Biorythm to hit the stack first followed by my creature, allowing Wrath to resolve, then my creature, for Biorythm to reduce their life total to 0 and mine to 1?

Ah, now this one is tricky. It’s nto that easily, but the play CAN be done. However, you do not simply stack the spells. They are suspended, so at the beggining of your upkeep, 3 triggered abilities trigger, telling you to remove a time counter. Since you control them all, you can stack THEM so that you remove the last counter from Wrath first. However, when you remove the counter, ANOTHER triggered ability triggers, telling you to play the spell without paying its mana cost. Since the ability does not give you a duration, you MUST play the spell RIGHT AWAY, so when Wrath of God hits the stack, the other spells are not even on the stack yet, they’re still suspended, waiting for you to remove their last counter. THEN, you repeat the process, casting your creature, and lastly Biorhythm. And yes, if you did it correctly, after it resolves, you’ll have 1 life, and you opponent will have 0, unless, of course, HE can respond to your Biorhytm while it’s on the stack, by killing that one creature into play, then, as seen above, the game would end up in a draw. And if he’s playing Mannequin and can both kill your guy AND put a creature into play at instant speed, then YOU’d lose. Wink
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Gameplay Questions