LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:53 am
Against mono-culture fellowships, Nertea DH can act as the one-wraith wrecking team. Keep assigning him to the Ring-bearer until the wounds force on the Ring, and then play RtIM. The Ring’s game text is nullified by RtIM so a further wound usually means the game.

As for everything else that goes in between, that’s where I can use your help!

---

Here’s a one-trick pony build that can also make some sneaky overwhelms:

1 Gollum, Dark as Darkness
4 Bill Ferny, AoS (placeholder)
4 Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman

3 Saruman, Servant of Sauron

2 Black Breath

4 Captured by the Ring
4 Frozen by Fear
4 Morgul Gates
4 Return to Its Master

If you’re fortunate enough to draw Saruman against a 3-vitality Ring-bearer, that’s a possible win at site 2 (requires 8 twilight). Unfortunately it doesn’t have much in the way of backup plans against multi-culture fellowships, unless you intend to ping ARBs with Ferny for the rest of the game.

---

This build gives Gollum greater focus for a possible win through regroup phase wounding. Response Rings (e.g. Ring of Rings) when coupled with multi-cultural fellowships again causes problems, though.

4 Gollum, Dark as Darkness
4 Ulaire Nertea, Dark Horseman
1 Ulaire Toldea, Black Shadow

1 Saruman, Servant of Sauron

1 Black Breath
1 Evil-smelling Fens
3 Promise Keeping
3 They Stole It

4 Captured by the Ring
4 Little Snuffler
4 Return to Its Master

---

Have ideas of your own? Please share ’em!
Last edited by Elessar's Socks on Mon Feb 04, 2008 7:05 am; edited 2 times in total
NappyKorn
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 9:18 am
Maybe find a way to get A Dark Shape Sprang in there. If they play a Frodo RB and play a sting on him you can assign gollum to him for twilight cost -2 from your hand or discard pile starting a skirmish between them. Then if you have They Stole It out you can start wounding him. Not to mention if they use and Alternate bearer from Gondor or a Dwarf they will have to use that bears start of skirmish text. If they also end up playing a possession on another companion you can also use it to get Gollum out cheap and possible wound that companion to death with the They Stole It Promise Keeping combo (might even help remove that 3rd culture companion so Nertea can work his magic). Just a thought, might work might not.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 10:41 am
You have to run some sorta killing against multi-cultures. Like Grima, Chief Counselor. Take down multiculture, and then run over the RB. Good ol’ Shotgun Enquea can also help.

Are you sure you don’t want Stronghold of Minas Morgul in there?

Oh, and Ferny is restricted.

Actually, since you’re running Captured by the Ring, I would drop in some Southron Leader to slim down the culture count. Use all the threats to kill someone. You should be able to ensure the culture count stays at 3, and possibly clogging up another culture with Mauhur, Relentless Hunter will enable you to operate as against a 2 culture fellowship (run over the RB).
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:59 pm
D’oh, Ferny SSF is restricted? I might drop him completely then instead of using Agent of Saruman because of his higher site number.

I should be able to get by without Stronghold thanks to the wounds from Nertea and Gollum. (Also aimed exertions with Promise Keeping for the second build.) If Nertea isn’t being assigned to the Ring-bearer then I’ll have bigger problems.

Mauhur is just who I was looking for! Alternatively Shelob HL but the twilight cost for Gollum + Shelob + Nertea (14 most likely) would be astronomical. I might just write off four or more cultures as an acceptable weakness, though...

And I like the Dark Shape Sprang idea. I might throw in Old Villain just for that.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 6:34 pm
I think that you should pack something to punish the 4th culture. That way, you pummel them down to 3, drop Mauhur and Nertea for a sure RB hit.

Assuming a Frodo RB or a RB with no other cultures.

I built a deck like this once. Only the strategy was to combo Desperate Defense of the Ring with Sense of Obligation.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Expanded