LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:23 pm
--- description ---
A shoot-’em up forest, erm...KINDA elf deck.
--- end description ---

(32 cards)

Faramir, Bearer of Quality
The Ring of Rings

Legolas, Son of Thranduil
Orophin, Brother of Haldir

Elrond, Witness to History x 2
Rumil, Silvan Elf
Elven Guardian x 2
Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men x 2
Lorien Swordsman
Aragorn, Thorongil

Elven Bow x 4
Legolas’ Bow
Faramir’s Bow
Aragorn’s Bow x 2
Anduril, Sword that Was Broken
Feathered x 3

Take Up the Bow x 4

Galadriel, Lady of the Golden Wood x 4

Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer

Once you’re completely set up, you have a base 10 archery. Yeah right. But still, you should be able to pull off a good amount of archery, seeing as how you start with 3. Lady of the Golden Wood is there to simply control the site-path. Aragorn exerts minions, and then exerts to wound minions, meaning that weaker minions are automatically kaput. Or you could just use his text to get a wound so Rumil becomes an archer. Anyways. Play The Prancing Pony first, and then jam the site-path with forests. Enjoy.
Last edited by NBarden on Sat Feb 09, 2008 5:39 pm; edited 4 times in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
gil-estel
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 3:47 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
you can imagine that some people think: Eowyn?....She’s aweful I know, but I could find a spot for her Wink
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 5:27 pm
Eh, no. No Eowyn. Nothing should be alive at that point. I’d much rather drop in Pippin, WoBaS with Faramir combo than Eowyn.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 3:45 am
Maybe remove:

Arwen, Queen of Elves and Men x1
Lorien Swordsman x2
Sword of the Fallen x4

And add:

Dinendal, Mirkwood Archer
Gondor Bowmen x2 (or Elven Marksmanship x2)
Farewell to Lorien
Feathered x3 (or Valor x3)

Basically converted Sword of the Fallen to Feathered for impromptu use on any Elf, added Farewell to Lorien for across the board healing, and threw in some more archery for good measure. In exchange the companions drop from 10 playable to 8, which IMO isn’t much of a sacrifice.

Nice pairing Thranduil with LotGW! (Now that’s an acronym I’ve not seen in a long time...)
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 10:53 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Not that you particularly need them, but tossing in a couple of the old Elven ally archers couldn’t hurt.

And I know you’re not planning on skirmishing much (though it seems odd to have so many Swords if it’s not a big priority), but if you can fit Feathered, Point Blank Range, or even Blades Drawn in there, it wouldn’t be a bad idea. I’d especially recommend PBR, since it’s the only one that would help you out if the opponent had some way of shrugging off or preventing archery wounds. Or enduring minions. Twisted Evil
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 12:49 pm
Feathered would be the one I would use, but I’d have to make the deck bigger, which I don’t want, because then it would be tough to find my stuff.

Take Up the Bow is the best for stopping wounds prevention.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Open