LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:28 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 5:53 am
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, sorry for the slight delay, but here are the cards for the second round:

5 Beauty Is Fading (V) Wraith
Event
This event’s twilight cost is -1 for each companion you can spot bearing a Wraith condition.
Maneuver: Exert a Nazgul and spot a companion bearing X Wraith condtions to add X burdens.
"’...the Three will fail, and many fair things will fade and be forgotten.’"
1 V 202

Agree with Anvar.

5 Beauty is Fading (V) Wraith
Event
Maneuver: Exert a Nazgul to add two burdens. The Free Peoples player may discard two possessions or a companion to prevent this.
"All shall fade,/ all shall fade."
1 V 202

Hmmm the get out clause is too easy. Its ok.

Event
Response: If a twilight Nazgul is about to take a wound, discard it to wound the Ring-Bearer twice. Then, if the Ring-Bearer wears the One Ring, each twilight Nazgul gains fierce until the regroup phase.
"...the Three will fail, and many fair things will fade and be forgotten."
1 V 202

Didnt like the second line although i see the attempt at the theme of twilight nazgul.

Event - Regroup
Toil 2.
Spot a Nazgul and discard a Wraith condition to add two burdens. The Free Peoples player may wound the Ringbearer twice to prevent this.
’Neath sea the land sinketh, / the sun dimmeth, / from the heavens fall / the fair bright stars....
1 V 202

I like this. All round balanced and useful.

Thran’s Note: The lore of this one is apparently from the Old Norse poem Voluspa and referring to Ragnarok. Just thought you might like to know! Very Happy

Well that hasnt helped my voting at all as it means nothing to me!

Event
Toil 1.
Maneuver:
Exert a Nazgul to reveal a card at random from the Free Peoples player’s hand. You may discard a card of the same type from play (and add a burden if you revealed a Shadow card).
"’...the Three will fail, and many beautiful things will fade and be forgotten.
1 V 202

Interesting, but risky. I do like the potential however.

Event
To play, exert a Nazgul.
Skirmish: The Free Peoples player may discard any number of Free Peoples conditions or Free Peoples possessions. Then make each companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 for each card they bear until the regroup phase.
1 V 205

Nah. Way too dodgy and nasty. IMHO OP to the extreme. 5 cost to discard everything the freeps bears or get minus loads. Bleh!

Thran’s Note: The principle of this card I’m told is to specifically target companions bearing artifacts (to fit in with the lore) and Shadow cards (to fit into Wraith strategies).

Doesnt redeem it!

Event
Maneuver: Exert a Wraith minion to make the Ring-bearer wear The One Ring until the regroup phase. The free peoples player may add 2 burden to prevent this.
"...The Three will fail, and many fair things will fade away and be forgotten."
1 V 202

A bit too UP.

Event
Toil 2.
Maneuver: Spot a Nazgul to discard a Free Peoples card (except a companion) with twilight cost X or less, where X is the number of burdens you can spot. Then, if no Wraith minions were exerted to play this event, you may add a burden.
1 V 202

Really doesnt need toil. Its a nice way of actually making the original card have a higher chance of discarding a companion but you only need 4 burdens to discard gorn or gandy? Should cost 5 period. I see an attempt to make it a bonus not to use the toil but that versatility is too strong imho. Still good card. Again agree with Anvar!

Event
Maneuver: Spot a Nazgul and an exhausted unbound companion to make that companion resistance 0 until the regroup phase.
1 V 202

Really cant see this as useful at all. Way UP.

Event
Toil 2.
To play, spot a Nazgul.
Maneuver: Spot a Dwarven condition to discard that condition. Spot an Elven condition to add a burden. Spot a Gandalf condition to exert a companion.
"... the Three with fail, and many fair things will fade and be forgotten."
1 V 202

Dont like it. Odd choice of style. Really doesnt fit any nazgul theme and doesnt fit in with the title well enough.

5 Beauty Is Fading Wraith
Event
Maneuver: Exert a Nazgûl (or spot a mounted or twilight Nazgûl) to discard a companion or ally. The Free Peoples player may discard 2 Free Peoples cards from play to prevent this.
“...during the day things about him faded to shadows of ghostly grey. He almost welcomed the coming of night, for then the world seemed less pale and empty.”
1 V 202

The title is bolded. I wonder who that could be Razz Get out clause is waaaay too easy.

Event
Maneuver: Spot a Nazgûl to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion for each burden you can spot.
1 V 202

Sweet potential. nice simplicity to it. Anvar has it covered again!

My votes:

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 2:23 pm
1) #1. As Anvar said, I love how this wants a deck to be made from it, fitting of a huge event like this one.
2) #7. I always love things that revolve around wearing The One Ring.
3) #10. I actually really like this approach, targetting specifically those cultures who are in decline in the Third Age.

Honourable mention to #9 - I actually really love the concept, but it’s a shame this author never replied to my comments about the card seeming to be underpowered.

Good round, actually.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Feb 12, 2008 9:33 pm
Hey lem0n, just wanted to mention that #8 says (except a companion) on it...

Thanks.
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 5:36 am
elf lvr wrote:
Hey lem0n, just wanted to mention that #8 says (except a companion) on it...

Thanks.

Ahhh good point, nice spot el. However that just makes the card less useful. Still wouldnt have voted for it.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
LeoKula
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 6:10 am
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:39 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 3:56 pm
Got half the votes. Need the other half by tomorrow!

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:10 pm
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
Shieldmaiden
Posted: Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:13 am
Joined: 07 May 2007 Posts: 389 Location: Edinburgh, Scotland
Trade With Me, I went to Middle Earth, and all I got was this stupid ring!

Veni, vidi, velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards