LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 5:56 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

2Legolas, Defender of Helm’s Deep Green
Companion • Elf
Strength: 6
Vitality: 3
Signet: Berethor
While Legolas bears a unique hand weapon, he is damage +1.
Skirmish: Play a Green or Elven skirmish event to make Legolas strength +1. Then, if Legolas is unwounded or at a battleground, you may exert him to take that event back into hand.
“‘This is a fight we cannot win. It will become a massacre.’”

Fair enough but i have to point out D tried making a fighter legolas the companion of the ring, but he was totally disregarded in favour of archery legolas’. Why would you want a legolas that didnt shoot stuff, there are lots better fighter elves out there! But this card is fine DI.

1 Woodland Strike Green
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf bearing a hand weapon to wound a minion. Then, if that Elf is at a battleground or forest site, exert that minion.
Years of guarding their realms from Orcs has given the Elves of Mirkwood and Lothlórien unmatched skill in battle, skills which proved invaluable against the Uruks at Helm’s Deep.

Why am i the only 1 to think this is weird AND OP. Weird cos why would you want to wound THEN exert, OP cos youre potentially getting 2 wound tokens for 1 exertion and 1 pool. Its hard enough as it can wound any minion even for example a minion assigned to fight the RB which is ridiculously useful, but it then has even more gametext! I’d cut the entire second line or changed it to not assigned to a skirmish.

2 Uruk Hewer Green
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to wound a minion assigned to skirmish a companion (except the Ring-bearer). Then, if that Elf bears a hand weapon, make that minion strength -2 (or -4 if that minion is an Uruk-hai).
Though known across Middle-Earth for his skill with the bow, it was Legolas’ knife-work that was the doom of many Uruk-hai on the Deeping Wall.

See youve covered the issue with the previous one here, cost is up and its not skirmishing the RB. Even still i think this is incredibly good. Elves have typically had archery wounding not skirmish wounding and its making them look REALLY powerful.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:58 pm
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Make some tweaks after lem0n’s review. Hopefully, Woodland Strike is more to his liking now. Thumbs Up

Still no specific weapon for Legolas, but we’ll get there. For now, let’s stick with brawling. Here are Idrial’s skirmishing talents. She’s not the most powerful fighter in The Third Age, but her sword skills are more useful than people usually give her credit for.

P.S. - The names are straight from TTA, so I know they’re a little...meh. If you have any better suggestions, let me hear ’em! Smile

0 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Make an Elf strength +2 (or +3 if bearing a hand weapon).
Elven swords are long, curved, waisted blades...excellent for broad, punishing sweeps.

An Elven Axe Strike! Mr. Green

1 Precision Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert your Elf to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf and make that minion strength -2.
Unlike many they fought, the Elves focused on precision rather than brute force, knowing just where to land their blows to cripple their enemy.

0 Crippling Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to make him or her strength +2. If that Elf wins this skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
The accurate blows of the Elves can completely disrupt and confound an unprepared foe.

0 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf X times to exert each minion skirmishing that Elf X times.
The normally serene Elves are more than capable of mustering their own battle frenzy and overpowering foes when the time is right.

As I imagine you’re starting to see by now, the Elves in this set are able to exert minions like crazy, but still need a little help to get that final wound or two. More than likely, they still need to actually WIN their skirmishes to do that.
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:05 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
NBarden
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:20 pm
You know what would be awesome? An exert to make enduring event. Twisted Evil
Last edited by NBarden on Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 pm; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:22 pm
NBarden wrote:
You know what would be awesome? And exert to make enduring event. Twisted Evil

Believe it or not, Elves will dabble a little in enduring (one such card is actually one of the first DCs I ever made Very Happy). But probably not in this set.
Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:51 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Make some tweaks after lem0n’s review. Hopefully, Woodland Strike is more to his liking now. Thumbs Up

Still no specific weapon for Legolas, but we’ll get there. For now, let’s stick with brawling. Here are Idrial’s skirmishing talents. She’s not the most powerful fighter in The Third Age, but her sword skills are more useful than people usually give her credit for.

P.S. - The names are straight from TTA, so I know they’re a little...meh. If you have any better suggestions, let me hear ’em! Smile

1 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Elven swords are long, curved, waisted blades...excellent for broad, punishing sweeps.
except it costs 1. make it 0 IMHO...though maybe it is better at one otherwise it overshadows supporting fire and valor and such

1 Weakening Slash Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert your Elf to exert a minion skirmishing that Elf and make that minion strength -2.
Unlike many they fought, the Elves focused on precision rather than brute force, knowing just where to land their blows to cripple their enemy.
should be precision strike IMHO [b]

0 [b]Stunning Strike
Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf skirmishing a fierce minion to make that Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins that skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.
The accurate blows of the Elves can completely disrupt and confound an unprepared foe.
stunning blow IMSO.

1 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish
The normally serene Elves are more than capable of mustering their own battle frenzy and overpowering foes when the time is right.

works
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 3:28 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Yeah, except Axe Strike costs 0! Plus, I never used her for fighting. All of her turns were spent healing Berethor and Hadhod and making sure they got resurrected. But never mind.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Weakening Slash Elven
Event • Skirmish

I’d prefer ’Precision Strike’ as well, partly to go with all these others and also because it just sounds better. Nice card though.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Stunning Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf skirmishing a fierce minion to make that Elf strength +2. If that Elf wins that skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.

I’d definitely prefer ’Crippling Strike’ for this one. Take out the ’skirmishing a fierce minion’ clause and it will be fine - otherwise I certainly would not use it.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish

This is the worst title of the lot! No offense intended as you obviously did not make it up! Something about defending or fending off hordes? Oh, and I don’t like the lore either - ’battle frenzy’ is a seriously un-Elvish quality.

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
elf lvr
Posted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:32 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Gosh... seing that Legolas made me remember my run through Helm’s Deep... I evenutally had to use Idrial’s you-never-die combo to get through. It was annoying.

Oh, side discussion on the game (sorry for thread-jacking), I was replaying the game once I’d beaten it and accidentaly went back to Minas Tirith... well, Idrial got captured by the Wikkie but since I couldn’t actually re-fight him I lost her forever. Sad, huh? Crying or Very sad

Quote:
0 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Looks better costing 0.

Quote:
1 Precision Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Interesting. Would be good with some of the new hunters, or good ’ol Lorien Swordsman.

Quote:
0 Crippling Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish
Exert an Elf to make him or her strength +2. If that Elf wins this skirmish, each minion in that skirmish loses fierce and is unable to gain fierce until the regroup phase.

I doubt you need an exertion as a cost to this event. Maybe up the twilight cost to take it out.

Quote:
1 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish

Limited use. Maybe add some condiiton to then wound that minion (like if it’s a Wraith minion) or some way to heal said Elf (like if they win the skirmish).
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:25 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:

Better now Dain.

0 Fluid Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Yeah ok.

1 Precision Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Hmmm yeah i think thats ok. Maybe exert an elf with res 3 or more...

0 Crippling Strike Elven
Event • Skirmish

Sweeeeeeeetness.

1 Elven Rampage Elven
Event • Skirmish

This is exert for exert so can cost 0.

Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:12 pm
Nothing too exciting today...kinda busy, so I don’t have time to get too fancy right now. But since we’re on a fighting kick right now, I wanted to get to some weapons. Like most possessions and artifacts in this set will be, these are directly inspired by weapons used in The Third Age...by Idrial, in this case. I don’t intend to do all or even most of the many weapons, armor, and other stuff used by the characters, as that would make for a whole set in and of itself! Razz But I’m picking out a few of the more interesting and/or Tolkien-esque ones to give each of the main FP cultures a lot of new toys to play with. Smile

I have a couple more interesting, unique Elven swords I’m holding in reserve, but for now, here are the general ones. Enjoy!

0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Well-balanced Elven swords can be used with one or two hands.

As plain as it gets, but where else can Elves get an automatic +2 weapon so cheaply? I almost made this 1, actually...should I?

1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

This one obviously goes very nicely with all those skirmish events we just went through. I envision the potential birth of a fighting Elf deck with no archery anywhere in sight...just massive skirmishing destruction. Twisted Evil
Last edited by DáinIronfoot on Wed Feb 27, 2008 2:01 pm; edited 2 times in totalBest regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Thranduil
Posted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 pm
DáinIronfoot wrote:
0 Elven Long Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +2
Bearer must be an Elf.
Well-balanced Elven swords can be used with one or two hands.

As plain as it gets, but where else can Elves get an automatic +2 weapon so cheaply? I almost made this 1, actually...should I?

On the contrary, I don’t think you should make an Elven weapon that gives a +2 bonus. Reducing opponents’ strength is always the preferred Elven way.

DáinIronfoot wrote:
1 Steel War Sword Elven
Possession • Hand Weapon
Strength +1
Bearer must be an Elf.
Skirmish: Play an Elven skirmish event to make a minion skirmishing bearer strength -1.
Elven swords were unique in Middle-earth, representing the pinnacle of matching a weapon to the warrior who wielded it.

Now this card rocks.
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards