LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
AgentDrake
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:15 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
AnxiousChieftain
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:42 am
MODS RULE. - lem0nhead
DáinIronfoot
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:41 am
Joined: 12 Jan 2007 Posts: 4594 Location: Beltsville, MD, USA
Wow...absolutely NO votes for mine. Crying or Very sad I didn’t think it was THAT bad, and well within what Thran was asking for. But ah well.

Best regards, Dáin, Vice Aftokrator of the Chosen Ones

Check out Lasting Alliances, The Road Ahead, and Ages of Middle-earth, three of my five dream card sets that make up Wars of the Ring. Oh, and I have a trade list now!

Also, if you're into DCs or RPGs (or even if you're not!), check out Realms of Middle-earth, the sequel to CG's "DC Adventure", Realms of the North!
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:41 am
Still waiting on votes from:

EL
NB

Want them today if possible (if any of them are watching). Anxious

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Feb 25, 2008 3:03 pm; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:44 am
DáinIronfoot wrote:
Wow...absolutely NO votes for mine. Crying or Very sad I didn’t think it was THAT bad, and well within what Thran was asking for. But ah well.

Getting few votes isn’t a mark of a bad card, it just means that others were perhaps better or more appealing.

Next time, DI, you should make a card you hate! Wink

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
Hobbiton Lad
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 11:47 am
Hang in there DI. My card didn’t get any votes either. Smile
LeoKula
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 12:10 pm

Sorry for the delay Thumbs Up
If you have a MW Éomer, Horsemaster, please let me know what you want for it Smile
elf lvr
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 5:57 pm
Happy Hunting! Elf Lvr
Winner of Best Personality in the FPCA. Thanks!
Archduke Elf Lvr - Archidoux of the Chosen Ones
AMV Maker In-Training! Check out my newest production, Katsu!- A Diedara Tribute!
And behold, EL declared it good. And there was morning, and there was evening, the first (new) day. ~ DainIronfoot
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:44 pm
Thranduil wrote:
Okay, names are now up for the last round if you want to glance over them. I’m not going to wait anymore for menace64, but if in future rounds he wants to join up again, I’m sure that would be fine.

But now for some hardly ordinary weather cards. Vote for your favourite 3 in order, as always.

EDIT: Voting ends Monday 25th when we’ll start with our first Free Peoples cards (yes, I said ’cards’). Wink

1 No Ordinary Storm (V) Isengard
Event
Manuever: Spot Saruman (or exert an Isengard minion) to make the Free Peoples player exert X companions where X is the number of weather conditions you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails -- where then will you go?"
1 V 130

Love it.

1 No Ordinary Storm Isengard (V)
Condition
Plays on a site.
Each time you play a weather card at this site you may make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 (or -2 if the current site is a mountain) until the regroup phase.
"’So Gandalf... You tried to lead them over Caradhras. and if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

I like it. Awesome.

Condition
Weather
To play, spot Saruman (or 2 weather cards.) Plays on a site.
When the fellowship moves from this site, you may discard this condition to wound each unbound companion.
"So Gandalf...you try to lead them over caradhras, and if that fails--where will you go?"
1 V 130

Love it. This pwns. But...you missed something, and that is that it doesn’t get discarded at the end of the turn. Meh.

Condition
Plays to your support area.
Skirmish: Exert an Isengard minion to make a companion (except the Ring-bearer) strength -1 for each weather condition you can spot.
"So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails, where then will you go?"
1 V 130

Eesh. To powerful, IMO.

Condition
Weather.
To play, exert Saruman twice. Plays on the fellowship’s current site.
Each time you play a weather condition, you may make an unbound companion strength -1 until the regroup phase.
Each time the Free People’s player plays a card, you may exert a companion.
Discard this condition when the fellowship moves from this site.
So Gandalf...you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?
1 V 130

Nice. I like the way it makes the strategy viable, but maybe OP.

Event
Weather.
Shadow:
Reveal 2 weather cards from hand to play Saruman from your draw deck or discard pile.
Shadow: Discard X Weather cards from hand and exert Saruman to exert X companions.
"’This is the work of Saruman!’"
1 V 130

Love it. This is awesome.

Author’s Note: this is to smooth over issues about not having Saruman in play every site, something weather decks really need. It also gives an outlet for discarding weather cards that you can’t use eg. Saruman’s Chill against no hobbits, giving the deck some much needed cycling capabilities.

Condition
Spell. Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion (or spot Saruman). Plays to your support area.
When you play this condition, spot a race. Each time you play another weather card, you may exert a companion or ally of that race.
“‘He does not love Elves and Dwarves, and that drift was laid to cut off our escape.’”
1 V 130

Whoa. Grind to death in Isengard archery! Love it.

Condition
Weather.
Each time you play another weather card, you may exert an Isengard Wizard (or spot 2 Isengard Wizards) to make the Free Peoples player exert a companion.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead them over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Love the deceived wizards tie-in. A little underpowered though.

Author’s Note: This card is meant to make new wizard strategies viable with old weather strategies. Saruman’s Snows + A Few Wizards + Throne of Isengard = deadly!

Condition
Weather.
To play, spot another weather condition (or Saruman). Plays to your support area.
Shadow: Discard this condition to add 2.
Regroup: Spot an Isengard minion and discard a weather condition to exert a companion.
"’If the Mountain defeats you, will you risk the more dangerous road?’"
1 V 130

Love it. This rocks.

Condition
Shadow: Play a weather condition to place an Isengard token on this card.
Maneuver: Transfer this condition from your support area to the fellowship’s current site. When the fellowship moves from this site, the Free Peoples player must exert a companion for each token here.
"’So Gandalf... you try to lead the over Caradhras. And if that fails - where then will you go?’"
1 V 130

Love it. This is awesome.

Condition
Weather. To play, exert an Isengard minion. Plays on a site.
While the fellowship is at this site, each time you play a weather card, you may exert a companion.
Regroup: Spot 3 weather conditions and discard this condition to discard an exhausted companion. The Free Peoples player may make the move limit -1 (to a minimum of 1) until the end of the turn to prevent this.
"’Gandalf, we must turn back!’"
1 V 130

Okay, by far the best.

Author’s Note: I tried to make the card mimic the fact that the more the weather got worse (each time a weather is played, someone gets exerted), the harder it is for the Free Peoples player to press on (discard exhausted companions or make the move limit -1).

Condition
Shadow: Exert a minion to play a weather card stacked here as if from hand.
Shadow: Remove 1 to stack a weather card from hand here.
Regroup: Spot X cards stacked here to take X Isengard cards into hand from your discard pile (limit 3). Discard this condition.
"It’s Saruman!"
1 V 130

Whoa. Weird. Not sure how it works. The last ability is really the only reason to use it, a weather engine swarm. Hypothetically, a bunch of that new weather condition against ents could be used or stacked depending, and then more weather conditions could grab dirt cheap Izzy minions to swarm the Freeps with. Love it.

Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
NBarden
Posted: Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:45 pm
Weird form of double post. Really weird. Shocked
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards