LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block
Gagnut
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:10 am
Most people wouldn’t be brave enough to try a block deck, Great Job.
I don't have an avatar, I don't have a sig, my posts speak for themselves.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 12:30 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
As I said before, assemble a Swarm deck from the First Block, and you’ll see what I’m talking about, it can’t be done 98% of the time (of course, sometimes you may just be plain out of luck...). As for the number of cards, play it. You’ll see how fast the cards come down, leaving open spaces to cycle through the deck very quickly. And yes, the Athelas are a TREMENDOUS life-saver, when I need healing, but specially ’cause I have to get Blade Tips and Black Breaths out of my way. About Betrayal, well, I couldn’t cut anything from the Shadow side, and it sure DOES help a lot against Moria, and it’s a game-winning Condition against Uruk-hais, since Saruman, Keeper of Isengard was around (golden times, before the X-List... Oh, what a nice Uruk deck I had... Crying or Very sad )...
I don't like YOU.
paippo
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 4:40 am
Quote:
...Also, with Greenleaf, Aragorn’s bow on a HUGE aragorn, and Boromir, I have NEVER been swarmed before. Even my own swarms deck (one of the best ever assembled here) couldn’t do it...

Quote:
...As I said before, assemble a Swarm deck from the First Block, and you’ll see what I’m talking about, it can’t be done 98% of the time...

hmm... I don’t want to be rough with you, but Hazael is right and i really think that you don’t know what a swarm shadow is, how to play it and how bad it will laught at your fellowship!
Against such a deck, a DECENT Moria swarm will kick your arse every game, ’cause you have nothing serious enough to stop the swarm from coming:
No condition removal, no Power according to his stature, no defender +1 ability, only nine companion cards in a 84 card deck, only Boromir as frodo strenght pumper...

Mmhh...You’ll be dead at 4 80% of times Twisted Evil

And even if you’ll be lucky enough to draw your spare copies of Aragorn, Greenleaf, Gorn’s bow, Boromir and Betrayal of Isengard by site 4, you’ll never be able to get trough site 7.

Just my 2 euros
orian
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:03 am
yep I must agree
moria deck will swarm you at 4, maybe 5or6 if you have Gorn + bow

maybe you can list your swarm deck, I’m interested in swarm and always curious about "one of the best ever" deck
orian - the French pirate, the Bloody Bastard
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 1:27 pm
Sure thing, I’ll try to reassemble it. If I can do it (I haven’t played in almost 6 months, for now, and Swarms was my FIRST shadow), I’ll post it here. I remember it went with a Goblin Armory + Relics of Moria combo, Goblin Swarms and I THINK some scavengers to fetch scimitars, but I can’t quite remember if I just used the Relics... Well, as soon as I can find the time to do it, I’ll reassemble the deck and post it here, complete with it’s Fellowship (it had its own Fellowship, too, to help cycle through the cards faster).
I don't like YOU.
syndrome
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 2:03 pm
Hazael... you say it’s too expensive but then say to get rid of the betrayal of isengards? (which removes twilight? o_O)

For FOTR swarms you’d wanna run something like this: (35 cards)

x4 Goblin Armory
x4 Goblin Scimitar
x4 Moria Axe
x4 Goblin Runner
X4 Goblin Scavengers
x2 Ancient Chieftain
x2 Goblin Flankers
x3 They are Coming
x1 Relics of Moria
x2 Goblin Swarms
x4 Host of Thousands
x1 The Balrog, Flame of Udun

You don’t necassarily need all 8 weapons, but I like having them arround in case you can get an uber-swarm out and need more twilight. If you’re genna drop one, drop the axes... as the scimitars are more beneficial.

Backstabbers are good too, if ya wanna work them in there.

More relics might be useful too, maybe drop a they are coming for another...
http://myspace/delicatesituation
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:04 pm
Well, since everyone here speaks highly of Phazanzar, I’ll suggest you all assemble his Swarm Deck in a simulator and try to swarm mine. As for my swarms deck, I’m pretty sure I DIDN’T use Chieftain, and used only 1 (2, tops) They Are Coming, and more copies of Relics. Also, this deck has no events, how exactly do you plan to WIN skirmishes to stack anything on your Swarms? By means of Moria Axe, well, Chieftain is just 2 shots away from death, and Flankers will be killed by Gimli’s Battle Axe effect, or I’ll just ignore his wounds by the means of Armor or Gimli’s Helm. Heck, if big enough, even FRODO can take him on, by means of Mithril-Coat, since the strength bonus won’t be addedm nor will the extra wound.
Also, you all just see a deck with a lot of companions, but you forget one "little" thing, which leads me to believe none of you guys played through the first block, when there were no X-List: I ONLY USE 5 COMPANIONS (including Frodo). Considering I start with 4 of them out (by means of The Prancing Pony), I just have to wait until Greenleaf OR Gandalf is out to slay this deck. "And why only 5 companions?" Well, this is what led me to believe you didn’t go through the first block, specially considering the builds I’ve seen. Back then, there were two guys EVERY Moria deck HAD to have (usually one OR the other, but I’ve seen decks which used both): Ulaire Nertea, Messenger of Dol Guldur (which got X-Listed quickly) and Ulaire Enquea, Lieutenant of Morgul. Read their game texts, and you’ll probably want to reformulate that Swarms build. Play my Fellowship with 5 companions out TOPS, and you’ll see what I’m talking about... Seriously, try and swarm them. I’ll try to rebuild my decks, and post some Match Analisys here.
I don't like YOU.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 5:20 pm
Also, the deck submited by Phazanzar has no Enquea, ans considering Anciet Chieftain is Unique, it could have 11 minions out, 12 TOPS, and that including the Balrog. Even if this DOES happen (which would be a TREMENDOUS lucky stroke, let’s be fair), I can probably kill 2-4 in Archery (let’s give ME some luck too, ’cause if I’m COMPLETELY out of luck and my opponent has a God Hand like that, it really doesn’t matter which deck I’m playing, right?), kill one of the biggest guys with Gimli, and kill another one with his axe. Assigning 1 minion to Legolas, 1 to Arwen and 1 to Aragorn and 1 to any other companion I might have fetched by then (as I said, the Shadow side I have will stall my opponents, so I can move ONCE ’till site 6, if I want/need to), it leaves about 2 of then for Frodo. If I don’t have MIthril-Coat out, I can just kill another in archery and lose a companion... But as I said, this is the COMPLETELY EXTREME SITUATION I can face against that build, and let’s face it: it won’t happen every time, and SPECIALLY so soon...
I don't like YOU.
Hazael
Posted: Fri Jun 09, 2006 9:10 pm
Phazanzar wrote:
Hazael... you say it’s too expensive but then say to get rid of the betrayal of isengards? (which removes twilight? o_O)
because it’s a hopless cause in this deck. pointless.
Some of the best scenarios on EE...
Up All Night Productions
paippo
Posted: Sat Jun 10, 2006 3:46 am
Quote:

x4 Goblin Armory
x4 Goblin Scimitar
x4 Moria Axe
x4 Goblin Runner
X4 Goblin Scavengers
x2 Ancient Chieftain
x2 Goblin Flankers
x3 They Are Coming
x1 Relics of Moria
x2 Goblin Swarmsnazguls
x4 Host of Thousands
x1 The Balrog, Flame of Udun

If i were you i would increase the minion ratio of your deck and i would add some key minion like the 2 nazguls felipe suggested.
I would replace all the axes with x4 Moria Scout (great in fellowship block ’cause 80% of times you will spot an elf), drop a they are coming for a guard commander, a chieftain for an enquea and 2 host of thousands for two nerteas.
P.s. I would also find a place for "such a little thing"...

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Fellowship Block