LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats
NBarden
Posted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 12:03 pm
--- description ---
I really want to build this deck IRL, actually.
--- end description ---

I am BACK! And ready to make a Merfolk deck.

To make a long story short, my bro bought me a Morningtide booster pack. Meaning, I have 15 MOR cards, and a few random Lightning Elementals that I got a while back in my MtG collection. BUT ANYWAYS! Amidst the Kithkin and a bunch or Red instants/sorceries, mostly useless like Release the Ants, I stumbled across two cards that caused me to step back and gaze upon their awesomness.

Stonybrook Banneret
Ink Dissolver

And I KNEW I had to make a Merfolk Mill deck IRL. So, here goes my attempt. After getting criticized and testing it online some, I’ll see if I can trade for some cards (anyone need a Slithermuse?)

Lands:

Island x 11
Vivid Creek x 4
Vivid Meadow x 4
Plains x 5

Creatures:

Stonybrook Banneret x 4
Ink Dissolver x 4
Drowner of Secrets x 4
Fallowsage x 2
Grimoire Thief x 4
Judge of Currents x 4
Merrow Witsniper x 2
Harpoon Sniper x 2

Merrow Commerce x 3
Oblivion Ring x 3

Broken Ambitions x 2
Familiar’s Ruse x 2

Bear in mind that I’m trying to build this rather inexpensively. Hence, only 1 rare, Grimoire Thief, which seem too good to not try to get.

Anyways, the point is to mill like crazy while staying alive. Harpoon Sniper and Judge of Currents are there to help you stay alive. Grimoire Thief, Drowner of Secrets and Ink Dissolver are your primary milling cards. Merrow Commerce = more untapping and tapping for Drowner of Secrets, Judge of Currents and Grimoire Thief. Very Happy
Last edited by NBarden on Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:07 am; edited 1 time in totalExclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:04 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
I like the interaction with Familiar’s Ruse. I think I’d pack Rune Snag as well, and maybe drop 1 Merrow Commerce, 3 seem enough. I’d also drop Sage’s Dousing and both "snipers" for Merrow Rejeerey, PERHAPS Lord of Atlantis and Sygg, River Guide (not expensive rares). However, WHERE IS SUMMON THE SCHOOL?!? It’s CRAZY!
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 11:15 am
Rune Snag isn’t LRW block Sad Same with Lord of Atlantis.

I never did like Summon the School. Confused But I guess it might be worth a shot.

Which Snipers? Witsnipers or Harpoon Snipers? I like both of them, b/c Harpoon Snipers can take down a sizeable creature, whilst Witsnipers work with Familiar’s Ruse quite well.

I like Merrow Reejerey. I’ll get that in, if you can lmk what to cut. Very Happy
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Mar 11, 2008 7:25 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Didn’t catch it was Block Format, sorry. I’d cut Sage’s Dousing for Cryptic Command, then, and probably pack Oblivion Ring. Ajani Goldmane and Jace Beleren might help as well, and I’d still lose the snipers, since Ajani, Command and O-Ring more than make up for defense.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 12, 2008 11:05 am
OMG. I want to be able to afford the deck. Shocked

Ajani and Jace? Wow. If you wanna send me some, I’ll pack ’em. Mr. Green

I’ll add the O-rings, though. 2x instead of Sage’s Dousing.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Casual / Other Formats