LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
Kralik
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:31 pm
1) Does the One Ring count as a "Ring" in the sense that you cannot play an artifact Ring on the Ringbearer?

2) Does Steward’s Tomb negate cards such as Cavern Denizen? Is there a difference between "cannot take wounds" and "preventing" wounds?
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Gate Troll
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 1:37 pm
Joined: 15 Aug 2006 Posts: 384 Location: Udun Vale, Home of the one and only... Gate Troll!
Kralik wrote:
1) Does the One Ring count as a "Ring" in the sense that you cannot play an artifact Ring on the Ringbearer?

2) Does Steward’s Tomb negate cards such as Cavern Denizen? Is there a difference between "cannot take wounds" and "preventing" wounds?

To your first question, no the One Ring does not count as a normal, artifact
ring. I don’t know about the second question though.
"Wars may be fought with weapons, but they are won by men. It is the spirit of the men who follow and of the man who leads that gains that victory."-George S. Patton.
Gillian
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:01 pm
Kralik wrote:

Yes there is. If he cannot take wounds that means there is nothing to prevent. So Cavern Denizen can’t get wounds even on Steward’s Tomb.
Kralik
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:11 pm
Thanks! Smile
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:32 pm
Kralik wrote:
Is there a difference between "cannot take wounds" and "preventing" wounds?

It has to do with whether wounds can be assigned.

A character who "cannot / may not take wounds" can’t have wounds assigned to that character. For example if you have two Uruk-hai in play who are faced with archery fire, and one is bearing Broad-bladed Sword, you’d have no choice but to assign the wounds to the other Uruk-hai.

A card that "prevents wounds" means wounds can still be assigned to a character, but they fizzle. For example if you discard Gimli’s Helm and threat wounds are triggered during a skirmish, you can assign all the wounds to him, and he won’t be wounded.
Kralik
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 3:50 pm
That makes a lot of sense. Ingenious use for Gimli’s Helm! Twisted Evil
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:46 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
I’m not 100% sure about Gimli’s Helm. I think there’s a ruling regarding Boromir, BoC, that if all wounds to him are prevented, he can’t be wounded and must instead have 3 burdens added.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
lem0nhead
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:00 am
CarpeGuitarrem wrote:
I’m not 100% sure about Gimli’s Helm. I think there’s a ruling regarding Boromir, BoC, that if all wounds to him are prevented, he can’t be wounded and must instead have 3 burdens added.

I really dont feel like trying to find the subtle wording that makes these rules seperate but gimlis helm does work as above CG. But you are right about BoC.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 3:59 pm
Yeah, preventing wounds means even though they’re assigned to Boromir, he isn’t actually wounded. So he’d have to take burdens instead.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions