LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Shizknight
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:31 am
overwhelm with first striking and/or flanking creatures, use mirrior entity and/or cavalier for uber pwnage, pariah with cho or the doll, or simply summon akroma...

4- Knight of the Holy Nimbus
1- Cho-Manno, Revolutionary
1- Akroma, Angel of Wrath
4- Pariah
2- Stuffy Doll
4- Paladin en-Vec
2- Coordinated Attack
4- Benalish Knight
1- Serra’s Embrace
4- Skyhunter Proweler
4- Knight of the Meadow Grain
4- Kinsbile Cavaliar
2- Oblivion Ring
2- Mirror Entity
21- Plains
Felipe Musco
Posted: Tue Mar 25, 2008 10:56 am
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Monowhite decks, on the other hand, are perfectly feasable. However, you have to pick a strategy, either aggro or control. You see, you run 21 lands and no filtering or card-drawing, what are the odds of you ACTUALLY drawing EIGHT of them, and even so, being able to play Akroma in time to win? You see, the curve is too high. I’d either run A LOT more lands and make it into a monowhite CONTROL deck (Condemn, Oblivion Ring, Sacred Mesa, Wrath of God, etc), or just cut expensive, non-aggro cards (Cho-Manno, Pariah, Stuffy Doll, Akroma) for stuff like Shade of Trokair, Serra Avenger, White-Shield Crusader, Mana Tithe, Griffin Guide, even Calciderm and Ajani Golbmane (well worth it’s 4 mana, but on top of the curve itself). Or make a Kithkin deck, with Goldmeadow Stalwart, Knight of Meadowgrain, Wizened Cenn, Militia’s Pride, etc. Right now, this build is kinda all over the place.
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 10:13 am
your right and i forgot to slide pentarch paladin in there too, but yeah ur right it is a little too much. I jus tried to do something a little different i guess.
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:35 pm
Stuffy Doll/Pariah = You need lotsa pains.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:12 pm
Pentarch Paladin is not very good, it costs WAY too much for doing WAY too little. In an aggro deck, you already won the game by then, or you won’t win anyway. In a control deck, if you need to get rid of attackers, Wrath of God is way better (and cheaper), and if you need to "kill" an annoying permanent, Oblivion Ring for the rescue!
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 10:11 am
but if its late game w/ an aggro deck you need something... and wrath of god would probably hurt you more than your opponent with this deck
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Mar 27, 2008 7:23 pm
If you’re playing aggro against aggro and it’s late game, something went terribly wrong. Believe me.
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 10:15 am
true but things go wrong... im not saying run 4 plaladins, but 1 or 2 wouldn’t hurt
Felipe Musco
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 7:26 pm
I still like Oblivion Ring way better. Very Happy
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)