LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
wraithful
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 11:21 am
This may be a stupid question, but i’m gonna ask anyway. If my opponent has moved as many times as the game allows and I play Desperate Move during the regroup phase, do I automatically get to discard a companion since he isn’t capable of moving again?

Desperate Move, says: Discard a ( Gollum ) minion from play to discard a companion. The free peoples player may make the move limit -1 to prevent that.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 12:43 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
No. Lowering the Move Limit after the Free Peoples player has moved does nothing, since you can’t just set your opponent BACK on the adventure path, so he can simply choose to make the Move Limit -1.
I don't like YOU.
wraithful
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 10:14 am
That doesn’t make sense to me. I’m not trying to set my opponent back on the adventure path, the card gives my opponent the choice of limiting their move ability, not me. And in this situation, they wouldn’t be able to make that choice because they have already moved as many times as they can. I would simply be carrying out the other part of the action because they couldn’t prevent it.
AgentDrake
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 11:43 am
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
The thing is, they CAN still reduce the move limit. It just won’t affect anything, since they’ve already moved, and there’s no going backwards to match the move limit. Nothing prevents them from lowering the move limit once they’ve already moved.
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Kralik
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:10 pm
The move limit is just a number that is checked each time the fellowship moves. If the total number of times they have already moved this turn is greater than that number, they cannot move again. Reducing the move limit to 0 even doesn’t make any difference until they try to move again and that limit is checked.
Last edited by Kralik on Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:15 pm; edited 1 time in totalCheck out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
wraithful
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 12:10 pm
ok, now I understand, thanks.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions