LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
gil-estel
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:26 pm
Joined: 25 Apr 2007 Posts: 545 Location: Groningen, the Netherlands
I know, normaly gameresults are to be posted in the SDA-users topic, but this has been such an epic battle, I wanted to pay some extra attention to it!

Saturday afternoon, at least to me it was, and I just had done some dirty plumbing. Some pipes were broken so I had to replace them. After a refreshing shower I noticed Nappy online. As usual, I invited him for a game. And what a game it was!
He played a hobbit deck, with Smeagol with a twist. Some followers, some Priced Lagan Shame on you and a few other nice additions. His shadow was mean! He played a Sauron grind, completed with Lacky, demoralized so not only did he hurt me all the time, he added a lot of twilight!
I played hobbits as well, also with a twist. Everyone knows made Pippin a beast, Sam was a great Warrior and Frodo could take a punch as well. Merry was there to complete the fellowship, as was Quickbeam. Quickbeam was my starting companion, Sam was grabbed by the site. Pippin had some extra vitality with Escape and Ent Draught. Frodo Gamgee gave him a huge pump -with all 4 EK out a +6 pump!- so Pippin was running for president. My shadow was centered around Corsairs.

We kicked of and I started. Grabbed Sam and moved along. Had the draught but nothing too much. To summarize: we moved on and forth, just patiently. We were constantly reluctant to did something huge. With my Fates Entwined I thought to have a possibiliy to counter some wounds, but he played Stewards Tomb....twice! That was somewhat of a nuisance! Eventually I won, because we were both decked, but I had the running advantage. With no minions he was still capable of killing to companions. Everyone was exhausted by moving to 9 -Under the Watching Eye- and then I had to wound two of my companions! Well Pippin and Sam died, but Frodo did just what he was supposed to do!

Another great game Nappy! You’re a great player! Always tons of fun playing against you! Applause Applause
My trading list
My main wants
My refs
NappyKorn
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 2:34 pm
Another excellent report. Was a very awesome game one of the best games I’ve played. Wouldn’t mind a rematch of that when we have the extremely long time to do so Thumbs Up
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion