LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion
mortont21
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 7:30 pm
hello everyone I am currently a new player to Magic the gathering and I want to build a mono green and a mono white deck to play, I would like the white to be my fun deck and the green to be my tournament deck and I was wondering if I could get an idea as to what I would need to have in my deck of atleast 60 cards to defend myslef quite well against all the other colours while I use only green for maximum defence and somewhat potent strength any help Think regarding my deck would be greatly appreciated and thank you very much for your time.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:16 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Moved to Open Discussion. Now, I can try to help you, but I need to know what kinds of tournaments you want to be playing. For instance, if you mainly want to play FNMs, then a well balanced fun deck is good enough to have a blast. However, if you plan on tackling some tougher competition, then I’m gonna hand it out to you already: monocolored decks tend to get left behind, SPECIALLY monogreen, which is a pretty straightforward deck with no answers to a bunch of stuff.
Also, if you check out some articles in the Article Contest section, specially from me and Cleston, you’ll be able to get a pretty good heads up on deckbuilding, car evalutaion, etc (just make sure to read my most recent ones, as my older ones kinda suck! Wink ).
Other than that, give us some feedback on this so we can proceed with trying to help you out (a budget idea for us to work with would help out a lot as well), and welcome to the Forums! Anything you want help with, feel free to send me a Private Message or post here, I’m currently the sole moderator and Rules Advisor for the MTG Forum, and I’d love to see an increase in movement ’round here! Homage
I don't like YOU.
mortont21
Posted: Mon Mar 24, 2008 11:35 pm
hey thanks for the reply and as of price range I think I might be looking around a max of $30 so I guess low budget lol but yeah right now I just made a mock magic deck of what I had lying around from friends leavin crap here lol so I kind of got bored and thought I would make up a mock deck of all or most tenth edition magic using green and white but more green then white and quite split down the middle for lands about 9 white and 9 green then three special land cards that allow me to draw a land or two from my hand/deck and about 20 somethin creatures and about I think 18ish spell/artifact/summon/enchantment cards but I am actually on my way to bed but when I come on tomorrow I will give a complete rundown of the entire decks construction. ttyl
NBarden
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 1:32 pm
You can’t go wrong with Kithkin. Just drop tons and tons of dirt cheap Kithkin with Militia’s Pride and they’ll get run over!

As for green, F_M is right, mono-green pretty much stinks. Mono-red is the only mono deck that really works. Maybe mono-white sometimes, running soldiers or Kithkin.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Wed Mar 26, 2008 11:09 pm
I’d like to point out that both monoblack AND monoblue have been posting very decent results in tournaments all over, with monoblack relying in Bitterblosom and The Rack, with a HUGE disruption theme (although it IS better with green for Treetop Village, Tarmogoyf and Garruk, but since they cost so much...); and monoblue running the always so reliable Pickles combo, backed by Desert, Cryptic Command, Rune Snag, Teferi, etc.
I don't like YOU.
NBarden
Posted: Fri Mar 28, 2008 1:25 pm
What’s the pickles combo? I’ve heard about it but never seen it.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:06 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
One of the pickles combo can be found here: http://lotrtcgdb.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=4513
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Felipe Musco
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 9:47 pm
Basically, get Brine Elemental and Vesuvan Shapeshifter. Then, each turn, you turn Shapeshifter face down, and then flip it face up copying Brine Elemental, so your opponent’ll never get to untap again.
I don't like YOU.

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » Open Magic: the Gathering Discussion