LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard
Dravius
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:59 am
Free People (34 cards)

Isildur, Bearer of Heirlooms
The One Ring, The Ring of Rings
Glorfindel, Revealed in Wrath
Arwen, Fair Elf Maiden

Gil-Galad, Elven High-king
Eomer, Eored Captain x2
Haethen, Veteran Fighter x2
Gandalf, The Withe Rider x3
Boromir, Defender of Minas Tirith
Faramir, Wizard’s Pupil
Elendil, The Tall
Ranger of Westernesse x2
Pippin, Wearer of Black and Silver
Merry, Swordthain

Refuge x3
Home and Hearth x3

Rider’s Spear x2
Rohirim Mount

Seclusion x2
For the Mark x2
Inspiration x4

Shadow Side (34 cards)

The Balrog, The Terror of Kazhad-dum x2
The Balrog, Deamon of Might x2
The Witch-king, Black Lord x3
Gollum, Dark as Darkness
Shelob, Menace
Shelob, Last Child of Ungoliant x2

Not Alone x3
Treacherous Little Toad x4

Spider Poison x2
Whip of Many Thongs, Weapon of Flame and Shadow x2

Little Snuffler x4
Led Astray x4
Captured by the Ring x4

Site path

0 The Bridge of Kazhad-dum
1 Cavern Entrance
1 Doorway to Doom
1 Ettenmoors
2 Moria Stairway
2 Window on the West
3 Mount Doom
3 Pinacle of Zirakzigil
4 Sirannon Ruins

Strategy
Freepoeple side is a simple matter of 14 companions (15 cards can be used for Refuge). Some of them have a lot of vitality (Elendil, Gil-galad, Gandalf, Merry, Pippin), others a decent base Strenght (Glorfindel, Arwen, Eomer, Gil-galad). Basicaly, I’m gonna study my opponent’s deck and I will know what to play. If it’s either archery or corruption, the bouncing Hobbits and Home and Hearth should do the trick. Beatdown ? Play your strongest guys along with Gandalf and let him do magic with Inspiration (good Swarm prevention too), double move every turn and heal with Refuge if you skiped a Sanctuary. I can also discard conditions and possessions with seclusion and for the mark. Ranger of Westernesse help me with the Sitepath Manipulation
as well. I can afford to get a little bit hand cloged since my shadow side doesn’t need many cards to stop.

The Shadow Strategy is beatdown bomb. Treacherous little toad with Gollum, dark as darkness is one of the best way to reduce the witch-king’s cost. Sirannon Ruins and Led Astray is wonderful, it’s basicaly a 7 cost site. With the proper timing, I can easily play gollum, the Balrog and the witch-kiking (5 companions, sirannon ruins, led astray, region 2 = 15) on the brigde with 2 wounds on the ring-bearer (cost 17), all I need is 2 more twilight (or 1 if he plays Strider, the most common Aragorn in my gamers group). On a bold Double Move, add in Shelob, and replace the Bridge by Ettenmoors. I’m pretty sure the deck CAN kill, but it’s main purpose is to let me take the lead and stop my opponent from running. Like I said, facing the balrog, the witch-king, shelob and gollum on ettenmoors is not somtehing every fellowship can do. Oh and I fogot, it’s always nice to drop a whip on the balrog when you’re playing against the Sons of Elrond Wink

Any comments ?
-Darth Dravius, Dark Lord of the Sith
Dravius
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 1:00 pm
I forgot to mention, Shelob Menace can bring Gollum, which can be a game winner vs. an exhausted ring-bearer with any ring exept Ring of Rings (but hey, it’s still a nice trick ain’t it).
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Sat Mar 29, 2008 8:13 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
Could you please add it’s strengths and weaknesses (like what decks will it own and what decks it will be destroyed by).
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
Dravius
Posted: Sun Mar 30, 2008 10:06 am
It has not been playtested yet, I’m gonna play test it as soon as I get the chance (my players group is 260 kilometers away from me, I can’t play every week). The freepeople is designed to be as versatile as possible, so I think it’s gonna be up to the way I play it. The shadow side though, I know it will crush archery decks, but I might have a problem against a fellowship that can have a 19 strenght companion. I can’t tell more for the moment sorry.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Deck Clinics » Standard