LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
Kralik
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:27 pm
Aha--my insidious marketing scheme has worked! Twisted Evil Now that I have made many of you dependent on the card database, it’s time to start charging! Starting tomorrow, embedded flash and pop-up ads are going to be added all over the site. There will also be a 30-second delay for viewing each card while you hear a word from my sponsors.

But of course there’s good news too! For a limited time, I will accept sign-ups to get the ad-free version for just $30 a year! Hurry--this offer ends TODAY! Tomorrow the price for a premium membership is going up to the standard $50!

Of course, if you forget to sign up today, you can always send me an email tomorrow dated yesterday via GMail. Mr. Green
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool
AgentDrake
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:35 pm
Joined: 01 Apr 2007 Posts: 667 Location: Halfway between eccentric and insane...
Thank God it’s April 1st.... Laughing

...This is a jest, right?
Shocked
Never kid about politicians. The more bizarre the joke, the more likely it is to come true.
Anonymous Prodigy
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Kralik wrote:
Now that I have made many of you dependent on the card database, it’s time to start charging!

This, boys and girls, is what is known as "the catch." Razz

Happy April Fools! Mr. Green
I had to put something here.
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 4:39 pm
Surely a 30-second delay is too short to admire the genius of Kralik on every page.
Celebrimbor
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:18 pm
Panic! Mayhem! *quicly checks lotrtcgdb.com* Shocked Shocked

Wait, we’ve been hoaxed! By our normally very reserved gentleman Kralik!

You never know what to expect in April fool’s.
My Trading List
Popcorn is not gooey like fat, and also not crunchy like potato chips, but crispy like lettuce which makes it a healthy snack. Popcorn
Kralik
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:43 pm
Didn’t you read the announcement? Starts tomorrow! Rolling Eyes Laughing

For future reference, though, know that I have no intentions of adding ads or doing anything of the sort. AdBlockPlus is my friend. Wink At some point I’ll program my own search engine so that I can do away with FreeFind’s... though text ads aren’t that bad.
Check out the LoTR TCG Database! My goal is to create a central resource for all kinds of LotR TCG Information. You can have card titles in your posts AutoLink to the card pictures. Cool

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion