LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:10 am
I’m sure there is some kinda of catch to this guy.

Ok here is what he says:

Response: If a companion os overwhelmed during a skirmish involving a Sauron ord, remove a threat to assign this minion to the ring-bearer (even if the ring-bearer is already assigned).

My question are these.

1. I would assume this response happens before the threat wounds are assigned or he is absolutely useless. Is this right?

2. If this minion has already skirmished does he still get to be assigned to the ring-bearer to fight during this round of skirmishes?

3. If the ring-bearer has already finished skirmishing does this minion get to reassign to him again making the Ring-bearer have to fight again before the fierce skirmishes?

Just curious about this minion because of how the Dunland engine works by playing minions after the assignment phase. They need to be fierce to fight just once. I know this is a reponse, but just wanting to make sure if I get a Sauron minion to overwhelm the ring-bearer will have to fight this minion reguardless.

I hope this makes since to whoever replies to it Thumbs Up

Thanks in advance.
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants
CarpeGuitarrem
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am
Joined: 07 Apr 2006 Posts: 3361 Location: Franciscan University of Steubenville
1. Yes. It’s overwhelm -> kill -> threat wounds. There’s gaps in between all of them, IIRC. So you can respond to an overwhelm without threat wounds being added.

2. Yes, whether or not he is already assigned has no bearing on the card’s effect. Cards do what they say.

3. Yes. Until all skirmishes have been resolved, the skirmish phase can’t end.
"ok, change of plans. the Cobracards christmas party is coming to my house, and we’re gunna teach FM how to hunt." (mm)
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:20 am
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
1. Yes this response happens before threat wounds are placed.

2. He still gets assigned to the ring-bearer, regardless of if the ring-bearer has already skirmished.

3. Yes, he gets assigned before fierce skirmishes. See #2.
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
NappyKorn
Posted: Wed Apr 02, 2008 12:23 am
ok cool thanks everybody GP to you both Thumbs Up
No Room
Collection 4 Sale
Deck Wants

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions