LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion
MR. Lurtzy
Posted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 10:38 pm
Joined: 30 May 2007 Posts: 423 Location: Living with the Governator
If this game actually turns out to be for real and all, it might be worth trying out, ’specially that money gaining thing (if Decipher will actually pay...). The concept is ok, but I wouldn’t spend more than a few dollars on it. Mr. Green
'On and on old war shall go,
Without respite my blood will flow
O’er your eyes ‘til they cannot see
The impossibility of victory.'

MR. Lurtzy's Have/Wants
lem0nhead
Posted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 6:28 am
Ive gone for it. D have done some crap stuff and some awesome stuff but at the end fo the day they bought us LOTR TCG which is why we’re all here so I’m giving this a shot. Got nothing to lose and everything to gain and cant hurt to see what happens.

Its quite a hefty survey they ask of you took me ages fill in!
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
OneFathom
Posted: Thu Apr 03, 2008 2:53 pm
menace64 wrote:
Elessar’s Socks wrote:
Maybe it’s more fun with rubber bands!

Gosh... I hate even remembering that. Decipher’s great game, "Battle Bands," where you adorn yourself with different-colored wristbands and face-off an opponent somehow.

If Beyblade was a stillborn game, Battle Bands was a miscarriage.

I’m curious as to the announcement. I had just decided a few days ago to give up on Decipher if some news didn’t start coming through in this next week. I expect the announcement is about the new game... after all, I read an article during the Winter that said the new game was due for unveiling in the ’first quarter of 2008.’

But I’m very worried that Decipher no longer carries the fame or diligence to produce something spectacular. I mean, the company - for all intents and purposes - has been dead for years. This new game has to be an easily-marketable (so not proprietary), easily-noticed, and enticing product to just about every card-playing demographic. Not. Easy.

Decipher can still pull it off. They’ve still got some magic left.

"If Beyblade was a stillborn game, Battle Bands was a miscarriage."

An interesting and somewhat morbid analogy that, I thought, was hilarious! Easily the funniest thing I’ve read/heard today. Niiice!

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » Open Lord of the Rings Discussion