LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards
sickofpalantirs
Posted: Fri Apr 11, 2008 2:14 pm
Joined: 23 Mar 2006 Posts: 7750 Location: somwhere, over the rainbow way up high. There's a land that I heard of once in a lullaby.
I do think dains 3 version is slightly better...maybe make it cost 4 and limit -6...still good but no freakishly OP.
ArrowSop's haves/ top wantsExclamation
(mm)"SoP: you will always be the Official CC Spammer in my heart"
"DáinIronfoot"
Spammers really are amazing creatures. You can learn all there is to know about their ways in a month. And yet, after a hundred years, they can still surprise you. Razz
Thranduil
Posted: Sun Apr 13, 2008 9:48 am
DainIronfoot wrote:
I don’t understand the comparison to Final Triumph.

My point there was that playing Final Triumph will almost always kill a companion and there’s very little they can do to stop it unless they happen to have skirmish healing or vitality adders, simply because most companions have 3 vitality so all they need is to lose 1 skirmish against an Uruk and Final Triumph is very likely to overwhelm them.

Just like Final Triumph is a 4 cost event that, in the right deck, kills a companion outright, Doom of Men is also a 4 cost event that, in the right deck, kills a companion outright. Also consider Red Wrath, which is a 5 cost event which also kills a companion outright (in the right deck).

Nevertheless, I have since changed it. What do you think now?

Thranduil
'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:16 am
It does pretty much exactly the same thing as last time effectively. Your set is laden with artifacts. Every companion is going to have a couple. -3 or -6 is still horrific plus if the gul is wearing a ring or something its even worse. -2 might be ok.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Thranduil
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:10 am
I will think on Doom of Men another time, though thoughts will be much appreciated - I’m just tired of resting on 1 card, so here are a pair of Wraith conditions:

1 Corruption of Mind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
In order to transfer an artifact from bearer, the Free Peoples player must first add a burden.
Bearer is strength -1 for each artifact he or she bears (or -2 if that artifact is a ring).
Skirmish: Remove a burden to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.

1 Corruption of Heart Wraith
Condition • Support Area
In order to transfer an artifact from bearer, the Free Peoples player must first add 2.
Bearer is resistance -1 for each artifact he or she bears (or -3 if that artifact is a ring).
Response: If a Nazgul wins a skirmish, transfer this condition to a companion it was skirmishing.

Thranduil
Last edited by Thranduil on Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:14 am; edited 2 times in total'We do what we do because of who we are. If we did otherwise, we would not be ourselves.'
- Dream of the Endless

Check out my block based on The Hobbit, my remake of Age's End, and the Fall of Eregion
Vote for your favourite Bilbo, Retired Adventurer(V)
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 7:13 am
Thranduil wrote:

1 Corruption of Mind Wraith
Condition • Support Area
In order to transfer an artifact from bearer, the Free Peoples player must first add a burden.
Bearer is strength -1 for each artifact he or she bears (or -2 if that artifact is a ring).
Skirmish: Remove a burden to transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.

Seems ok.

1 Corruption of Heart Wraith
Condition • Support Area
In order to transfer an artifact from bearer, the Free Peoples player must first add 2.
Bearer is resistance -1 for each artifact he or she bears (or -3 if that artifact is a ring).
Skirmish: Transfer this condition to a companion skirmishing a Nazgul.

Should be when the nazgul wins.

Thranduil
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Dream Cards