LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)
Shizknight
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 10:59 am
pretty much a warrior deck. serious aggro and mana power. If unable to attack any longer use soulblast and finish it.

2- Soulblast
2- Garruk Wildspeaker
4- Birds of Paradise
4- Muddbutton Torchrunner
2- Furnace of Rath
2- Search for Tomorrow
4- Bramblewood Paragon
2- Vengeful Firebrand
2- Brighthearth Banneret
1- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero
1- Radha, Heir to Keld
4- Civic Wayfinder
4- Keldon Marauders
1- Loxodon Warhammer
1- Phyrexian Soulgorger
1- Flamewave Invoker
3- Lightning Serpent
1- Allosaurus Rider
3- Nessian Courser
4- Grove of the Burnwillows
4- Karplusan Forest
6- Mountain
6- Forest
NBarden
Posted: Wed Apr 09, 2008 4:47 pm
20 lands? Meh. All your accelerators are creatures, so once your opponent figures out that you need ’em, they’re toast.

Garruk is easy to take down as well, he’s a planeswalker, anything that deals damage to a player can gun down Garruk just as easily.

So, 1st advice. Drop Birds! Fertile Ground is infinitely better with Garruk.
Exclamation-Trade With MeExclamation
Popcorn Add the popcorn smiley to your sig, help it achieve world domination.
What if the hokey pokey really IS what its all about? Shocked
As I lay in bed staring at the stars last night, I thought to myself, "where the heck is the ceiling?"
Arrow Spotlight on....Sense of Obligation.
Shizknight
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 10:23 am
this deck doesn’t need 22 lands it can get mana out fast. and yes, everyone will try to get rid of birds and garruk, but this deck also has search for tomorrow, radha (who i love for some reason), and civic wayfinder.
Felipe Musco
Posted: Thu Apr 10, 2008 9:18 pm
Joined: 18 May 2006 Posts: 2434 Location: Florianópolis, SC, Brasil
Seriously, stop with the one-ofs. I think this list depicts exactly what i’ve been telling you, so I’ll use it as an example.

2- Garruk Wildspeaker: Too good not to play at least three in any given green deck. He’s just THAT good.
2- Furnace of Rath: If you need this to win, you need to run more copies. If you DON’T need it (which you shouldn’t), then it’s just a waste of deck space, not to mention your opponent takes full benefit off it BEFORE you most of the time.
2- Search for Tomorrow: Completely useless in any number below 3, and even 3 is not THAT good unless you have a lot of "CIP tapped" lands.
2- Brighthearth Banneret: Bannerets are only worth it if you can get full use out of them, so you either run 4 to make SURE you can lower your costs, or that means your costs are not THAT high, so no use running them at all unless it’s a theme deck.
1- Stonebrow, Krosan Hero: Really, REALLY sucks unless you plan to run Primal Rage.
1- Radha, Heir to Keld: Ok, so because she’s legendary you run only 1... I run 3 Teferis in every single blue deck I build nowadays, and I’ve never regreted it, not only once. If you NEED the ability, and specially if you need it EARLY, run 4, since your opponent WILL get rid of some copies. Same goes, for example, for Isamaru, Hound of Konda. Every T2 deck back then that ran him, ran 4.
1- Phyrexian Soulgorger: You can either make good use of his ability, or he won’t turn the game around enough to run a single copy, specially without trample. You can loose it.
1- Flamewave Invoker: Terrible. Really. PERHAPS good in Limited, but that’s it.
1- Allosaurus Rider: The one thing that makes this guy nice is that he can be dropped VERY early, and get large quickly. This way, he’s just an overcosted fatty, I’d run Chameleon Colossus over him ANY day (and I’d run 4)
3- Nessian Courser: Chameleon Colossus?
I don't like YOU.
Shizknight
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 10:21 am
i hate running more than 2 of a legend or planewalker

furnace probably ok to use 4, but i dont like to have more than

the banneret could be used 4 times yes, but most the cards are so cheap and the deck gets mana so easy i really dont think it needs 4

stonebrow + bramblewood paragon or garruk (im not a fan of primal rage)

soulgorger is just there to die with soulbalst thats it and this deck could honestly live without him. I just wanted to put him in a deck

invoker does need to go u r right on that one and 4 colossus could replace the ones you mentioned.

Although I love allosaurus rider so id like to at least run 1... so id still sneak in one

Forum index » Magic: The Gathering » MTG Deck Clinics » Standard (Type 2)