LotR TCG Wiki → Card Sets:  All 0 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 → Forums:  TLHH CC

Cobra Cards Player Community Forum Index
 Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions
TheJord
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 5:44 am
Deceit’s wording has me wondering if I was to use a site’s text, does that mean it cannot prevent a condition being discarded?

My example would be Heights of Isengard. As it is not a FP card, when a Gandalf companion wins a skirmish, Deceit could not prevent any Gollum condition being discarded.
"The rule of Gondor is mine!"
lem0nhead
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:05 am
Thats really tricky. There are 2 ways id interpret this:

1. The site is not a free peoples card so yes it can discard the condition.

2. The site might BELONG to the free people’s player in which case it cant, but if it was an opponent’s site it could.

The pivotal point to this however is the interpretation of "free people’s" does it mean a card belonging to the free peoples hence number 2. is valid? Or does it mean a card that is a free peoples i.e. not a shadow card but a fellowship style one.... In which case number 1. is valid.

Intriguing.
Ban shampoo, demand real poo.
Popcorn My Trade List and CC References
"Smart guy, especially considering his head is filled with lemon juice and seeds. That boy’s juicy brain is FULL of good stuff" ~ DainIronfoot
"No fair! And all I got was an oily unconscious steward!" ~ Pippin.
"Okay, stop me if you've heard this one. An elf, a man, and a dwarf walk into the Riddermark..." ~ Eomer
Elessar's Socks
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 6:42 am
Well, Deceit is the only card to use the phrase "player’s card," so I’m tempted to chalk it up as another one of T&D ’s funky wording and go with "Free Peoples card." I’m guessing that was the intent.

Otherwise, if the Free Peoples player is at his own Heights of Isengard (and not his opponent’s), I suppose... eh, what a pain.
bibfortuna25
Posted: Mon Apr 14, 2008 2:36 pm
The site is neither a FP nor a Shadow card, so Deceit does not work against it.
All cards do what they say.

Forum index » Lord of the Rings TCG » LOTR TCG Gameplay Questions